• Published 7th Sep 2022
  • 396 Views, 12 Comments

Power Ponies: Next Generations - Ooo Spooky



The Young Six find a familiar magic comic book...

  • ...
 12
 396

Six heroes rise from the ashes...

Sandbar’s eyes fluttered open. He was… alive. That’s good. He quickly sprang to his feet with a vigor he certainly never had before. In fact, he felt better than ever! That could wait, however. Where were his friends?

“S-Sandbar?” The colt turned to see Ocellus getting to her feet, alongside her friends who were waking up and groaning. “Where are we!” She squeaked. “I- I can’t shapeshift!”

“Torch that hurts like a- god, where are we?” Smolder snapped. But Sandbar wasn’t listening. He was too busy staring at the dragon.

“Uh… Smolder… Your clothes.” He said.

“What? What’s wrong with my- Oh TORCH!” She shrieked, trying and failing to cover herself up. She was not naked. Far from it. She was wrapped in a dark blue spandex, with blue and pink gems around her wrists and in her head spikes, as well as a dark purple mask around her eyes. “This is- I never- WHAT?” She sputtered. “I mean- look at you!” She pointed at Sandbar who was in unique garb of his own. He was dressed in a red jacket, with a green undershirt. Four black clothes adorned his hooves, and a black mask sat around his head, save for his eyes and snout. Most importantly, a black utility belt hung around his waist, with several pouches full of different gadgets, and a long, golden lasso sat on a hook to his side.

“Holy Celestia. Wait a minute…” Sandbar took a moment to fully take in his surroundings. The sky looked… not right.

“Whoa what the-” Gallus had noticed what he was wearing. Like Smolder, he was dressed in a spandex suit. Although his was indigo, and his claws had white gloves on them. A similarly colored headpiece sat upon his head and a gold lightning medallion hung around his neck. “Sandbar, you’d better explain what happened right now, or I swear-” He said, balling up his claw. Sandbar could’ve sworn he heard rumbling thunder.

“Guys… hear me out: I think we got stuck inside the comic book! Think about it! Look at the sky! It looks almost… drawn on.” Sandbar explained, gesturing above his head.

“I mean… He does have a point. It would explain why I can’t shapeshift.” Ocellus said. She was dressed in a light purple spandex with a sky blue chestplate. She also wore gold goggles, making her already big eyes appear even larger. Around her horn was a sky blue ‘horn guard’ that covered her horn. Her hooves sported four metal shoes, each one adorned with Headmare Twilight’s Cutie Mark for some reason.

“Yes. Pony has to be right. Yona would never be caught dead wearing this.” Yona said gesturing to herself with a hoof. She sported a turquoise spandex, with yellow butterfly shin guards, a purple scarf, as well as a matching mask. “Yellow not Yona’s color.”

“I dunno, Yona, I think you wear it pretty well!” Silverstream said. “Besides, I think it’s pretty cool!” Silverstream was dressed head to claw in a white spandex, save for her head and hair. Purple arrows pointing to her chest were all over the suit and several purple balloon-shaped symbols sat on her shins.

“OH MY CELESTIA! YOU ALL LOOK SO COOL!” Sandbar said, his inner fanboy rearing it’s head once again. He pointed at each of them. “Smolder! You must be Radiance! Gallus! You have to be Zapp! Ocellus! Gotta be Masked Matter-Horn! Yona! None other than Saddle Rager! Silverstream! Fili-Second, of course! And me?” He did a twirl. “I am Mistress Mare-velous! Wait… I’m a colt… Scratch that! I’m Mister Mare-velous!” He said, triumphantly.

“But mare means- mmf!” Ocellus started before Silverstream put a claw over her mouth.

“Sshh. Let him have his fun.”

“Wait, wait.” Gallus said. So we’re… what? The Power Ponies now? Sandbar shrugged.

“I suppose so. I mean, the book had to have been magic. Why else would it be in Twilight’s treasure room?” ”Fair enough.” Smolder sighed, before a look a terror crossed her face. “H-hey Sandy, who did you say the villain of this issue was?” Sandbar scratched his chin.

“I think the cover said Cyber-corn. He’s one of my faves!” Sandbar said with a grin. “Why does that matter, though?”

“L-look behind you…” Silverstream whimpered.

“Why what’s- Oh. Oh no.” Sandbar felt his blood run cold as he say Cyber-corn himself, standing atop a building. His red visor piercing the night sky, and an army of drones buzzing behind him, like a swarm of evil bugs.

Author's Note:

So we finally reveal our roles. Let me explain who's who for those who didn't completely follow!
-Sandbar: Mistress Mister Mare-velous
-Smolder: Radiance
-Ocellus: Masked Matter-Horn
-Silverstream: Fili-Second
-Yona: Saddle Rager
-Gallus: Zapp