• Published 7th Sep 2022
  • 394 Views, 12 Comments

Power Ponies: Next Generations - Ooo Spooky



The Young Six find a familiar magic comic book...

  • ...
 12
 394

To fight evil wherever they find it...

Cyber-corn stood atop the building. His steel body gleamed in the moonlight. His large, red visor cut through the night sky like a beacon. His wings, once flesh, were replaced with several rows of inactive jet-boosters. And his horn was a long, chrome drill-like appendage.

“Oh- oh no.” Sandbar said, backing up, his legs trembling.

“Power Ponies!” Cyber-corn bellowed in a deep, robotic voice. “Your time of reckoning is nigh!”

“Hey, uh, you got the wrong creatures!” Gallus yelled, “we aren’t-”

”Silence!” Cyber-corn screeched. “Drones! Kill them!” Cyber-corn commanded, waving a metal hoof. The drones descended upon the six frightened students.

“Oh FUCK!” Gallus screamed. “Sandbar what do we do?!”

“Uh… uh…” Sandbar looked around frantically, before an idea popped into his head. It was a longshot but… He closed his eyes, concentrating. Just as he thought, his golden lasso glowed brightly and uncoiled itself. It zipped across the night sky wrapping itself around a nearby fire hydrant. With a crunch the fire hydrant was ripped from the ground, and flung into the swarm of robots, smashing through several of them like tin cans. “Ha! I knew it!” Sandbar cheered.

SANDY FOR BAHAMUT'S SAKE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THAT WAS!” Smolder cried.

“It’s just as I thought! We have the costumes, so we have the powers! Smolder! Think of something! Anything! Hold out your claws, and concentrate!” Sandbar instructed.

“What the-? I don’t-”

“Just do it!” Sandbar yelled. Just as the pony suggested, Smolder held out her claws, and scrunched her eyes shut. Her bracelets began to glow, and with a flash of light, a massive, pink, glowing battle ax appeared. With a wave of her claw, it cleaved through a chunk of the swarm.

“Holy shit…” Smolder said, staring at her claws. “THIS IS AWESOME!

“Ooh! Ooh! Do me!” Silverstream yelled, as the robots landed around her, blades springing forth from their heads. “Eep! Quickly please!”

“Silver.” Sandbar started with a grin, flinging hoof-shaped shuriken at robots.

“Y-yeah?”

”Run. Run like tartarus.”

“Ooh! I can do that!” Her pupils flashed pink, and Silverstream zipped around, a beam of pink light. Before the robots could process what was occurring, they were torn to scrap by the lighting-quick Hippogriff.

“Sandbar! Help please!” Ocellus cried as the robots closed in around her.

“Your horn! Think of your horn, then think of, like, ice or fire or energy blasts or something. Anything you can shoot from your horn!” Sandbar yelled out. Ocellus focused, and fired a blue beam from her horn into the ground turning it to ice. The robots legs were frozen to the ground. Then, she projected a massive red energy blasts, melting all the robots down to molten shards.

“Ahaha! This is neat! I wonder what else I can do!” Ocellus whooped, firing all manner of energy from her horn.

“Sandy! Tell me how to use this thing!” Gallus screeched, flying around rapidly with several robots after him.

“You read this comic! You should know this!” Sandbar exclaimed, tying up 4 unlucky robots and using them as a flail, crushing a large amount of other robots by swinging them around in a wide circle.

“I’m not a fucking super-fan Sandy! Just- tell me please!”

“Ok! Ok! Grip that amulet, and think of any weather you’ve seen, no matter how severe!” Sandbar commanded. Gallus wrapped his claws around the lightning amulet, as it glowed in his palm. Dark clouds began to accumulate above the city, flashing with bright lightning. Then, several massive lightning bolts struck down on the robots, spreading electricity among them, short circuiting some, and outright exploding others.

“Damn that was… something. Let me try…” He did the same movements as before, but this time, the wind started to pick up, and a massive tornado seemed to appear out of nowhere in the center of a massive cluster of robots, shredding them to pieces. “Woo! Yeah!”

“Yona could really use some teaching right about now!” Yona cried. The yak was using her already impressive strength to smash and bash robots, but the poor girl was quickly getting overwhelmed.

“Best I can tell you is: Get. Mad.” Sandbar instructed. However the pony’s footing was lost in the conversation, and a robot took advantage of that. Rocketing towards the pony and hitting Sandbar in the side with a flying buck. “Augh!” Sandbar cried, before he fell to the ground in a crumpled heap.

SANDBAR!” Yona cried, before her brow furrowed. As it did, she began to grow in size. Her already large muscles become even more swollen. Her neck became like a tree trunk. Her hooves became like bricks. Her horn became large and twisted. And her short tail became large and covered in thick hair. She was monstrous. But damn, was she strong. With a roar, she stomped the ground, and a large shockwave traveled across the ground, collapsing the earth beneath the robots, causing them to fall into the earth. Stomping on top of robots on her way to her friend, she gingerly picked him up. “Sandy?” She said as quietly as possible.

“D-damn, Yona. You really know how to get mad!” He laughed, before clambering to his hooves within her massive hoof.

“Thanks Sandbar!” She bellowed, before placing him on her large back. “Hold on!” Before charging into the swarm alongside her other friends.

Author's Note:

First time writing a fight scene! Was a fun challenge!

Comments ( 6 )

Will Cozy Glow appear in this story?

11365638
No, she won't unfortunately. I wanted to originally, but I couldn't find a way to organically place her into the story :(

Oh boy it looks like the kids are going to have a hard time but luckily sandbar is there to help him out with his knowledge of the superheroes powers which it really blends with these other characters hopefully they can make it through we'll find out next time

“Ahaha! This is neat! I wonder what else I can do!” Ocellus whooped, firing all manner of energy from her horn.

So Ocellus learned something faster than Twilight. She's going to be so jealous.:pinkiehappy:

First time writing a fight scene! Was a fun challenge!

It was fun to read! Looking forward to what you write next!

11365682
Yeah she's a tough character to shoehorn in. Maybe if she was after the Alicorn Amulet or something like that?

It would have been pretty funny to watch her contend with the terribleness that is Humdrum.

Still even if best filly isn't featured, I'm always up for reading more super stories, especially any as well written as this seems to be so far.

As a bit of advice, there should be a character tag for the Young Six or something like that.

If you use that instead of the character tags you have now, you can add the Power Ponies tag as well.

That might help with drawing in some new readers.

11365638
She would have been a great addition, but I'll enjoy this story regardless.

Just to ask is this story going to continue on

Login or register to comment