• Published 6th Sep 2022
  • 1,339 Views, 100 Comments

My Little Pony: When Generations Collide - RobtheMorpherPony

  • ...
1
 100
 1,339

Season 1: Episode 7 - The New Team (Newbie Dash AU)

It had been a few days now, and now Dr. Krono had finished rebuilding his robot.

"Well, I really must be heading back home now." Dr. Krono said.

"By the way Krono--" Hitch began.

"That's DOCTOR Krono. I am lincensed after all." Dr. Krono corrected.

"...Dr. Krono, when we found you, you had dropped this picture." Hitch said before handing over a picture of another mysterious creature.

"Ah yes, that would be a picture of an Angel Chaos Chao. Though, this particular one would be of Angela; my wife." Dr. Krono said.

"Your married to her?" Twilight asked.

"In a sense. Chao aren't ones for marriage. Besides, we don't need some ceremony to be in love the way we are." Dr. Krono said. "I know weddings are a big thing, but there wouldn't really be anyone there besides a bunch of Chao." He added.

"Is there a problem with that?" Flash Sentry asked.

"Most chao aren't able to say anything past their species name. Me and my wife are the exceptions to that." Dr. Krono said. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go back home and help my wife pack." Dr. Krono said.

"Pack? But weren't you given that land?" Sunny asked.

"Yes, I had done so, but until a few weeks ago, I felt like I had hit a brick wall in my studies when I came across a galaxy system home to plenty of intelligent chao like me and my wife. I wish to go to this galaxy system and study the chao contained within it so that I may understand how they had become so intelligent on their own merits. It would provide a breakthrough like never before." Dr. Krono said.

"Well ah reckon I speak for all of us when I say that we wish you the best of luck." Applejack said.

"I prefer not to rely on some chance-based aspect. Science is about control after all." Dr. Krono said before he hopped in his robot and proceeded to fly it off the planet.


Two Days Later...

Rainbow Dash, Soarin, Zipp, and a few other Pegsi were gathered at Canterlot with Soarin and Rainbow sitting behind a table that was facing all the other Pegsi.

But outside the room, Haven was pacing back and forth with Twilight and every pony else was looking at her.

"This is something I'd expect Twilight to do, not a former ruler. No offense Pipp." Rarity said.

"None taken." Pipp said.

"You pace back and forth like this?" Sunny asked.

"She does, but it's mostly when she's overworked herself." Applejack admitted for Twilight.

"Admittedly it's true." Twilight said. "That said, I can understand why Haven is so nervous. Her own daughter is behind those doors, and Rainbow Dash told me that there's a good chance that after all the tests scores were compared, Zipp may not make it onto the team." She explained.

"Wait, does that mean not every Pegasus in there will make the cut in the end?" Sprout spoke up.

"It is unfortunate, but it is the truth. A number of them will be flying with Soarin and Rainbow Dash on the main team, while another portion will be on the reserves. Every pony who doesn't make it on the reserves though, will be leaving here in sadness." Princess Celestia said as she joined the group shortly after with her sister.

"Princess Celestia, Princess Luna!" Sunny said. "Why aren't you in court right now?" She asked.

"Court won't be happening today, as this situation is far more important." Princess Celestia admitted. "It's not every day your sister gets her own dedicated flying squadron." She added with a chuckle.

"It does admittedly give me some something more to have with my sister." Princess Luna agreed.

"Did those two ever think of a name by the way?" Sunny asked.

"Admittedly, in the end, they simply went with the name of 'Neo Shadowbolts' as they really couldn't come up with anything better." Luna admitted.

"Neo Shadowbolts? Ah might need to talk to Rainbow Dash about her naming this new team that." Applejack said.

"Actually, the name idea was Soarin's." Princess Celestia said.

"...Never mind..." Applejack folded. Soon, the doors opened and a lot of Pegasi began leaving, many of them with sad faces. Soon, Zipp showed up.

"...How did it go?" Pipp asked.

Zipp smiled. "Believe it or not, I got in the main squad. I pretty much was the highest performer amongst all the candidates." She added. "Having a passion for wanting to inspire others the right way also helped." The white Pegasus added.

"Wow, congrats sis." Pipp said.

"Oh, I'm so relieved. Now you make sure to make me proud whenever you fly in those airshows." Haven said.

"By the way, I heard Soarin call Rainbow Dash something as I was leaving the room." Zipp said.

"Really? Did you pick up what it was?" Sunny asked, curious.

"I believe he called her 'Rainbow Crash'. No idea wh--" Zipp said before suddenly Fluttershy rushed past her. "...What was that about?" Zipp asked.

"We'll fill you in on the way." Twilight said.


Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash was having her wings preened by Soarin.

"It was very nice of you to do this for me." Rainbow Dash said.

"When was the last time you ever did this?" Soarin asked.

"Last week. It's not easy to do by yourself as you know." Rainbow Dash said.

"You've got that right." Soarin said before Fluttershy suddenly came in the door, looking very angry.

"SOARIN WINDS, I'D LIKE TO HAVE A WORD WITH YOU MISTER!" Fluttershy practically shouted.

"Whoa! Take it easy Fluttershy." Rainbow Dash said.

"How can you be so calm? He called you Rainbow Crash of all things." Fluttershy said.

"So? He explained a few things to me about the Wonderbolts. Isn't that right, 'Clipper'?" Rainbow Dash said with a smile. Fluttershy's jaw dropped at the notion of her friend calling Soarin Winds something like "Clipper".

"Heh...think we should fill her in then, Crash?" Soarin asked. With a nod from Rainbow Dash, Soarin continued. "See, the thing about the Wonderbolts, our nicknames? They are embarrassing sure, but they are meant to remind us that we aren't perfect, and we will mess up from time to time." He said. "Rainbow Dash filled me in on what caused her to earn a nickname that was used to bully her when she was a filly. And well, she figured best I know about what had occurred. Besides, she told me it was okay for me to call her 'Rainbow Crash'." Soarin finished.

When the main six finally arrived, they had noticed a fainted Fluttershy. "...What did you two tell her that made her react like this?" Twilight asked.

"...Here we go again..." Rainbow Dash said. Applejack would later faint just like Fluttershy did.