• Published 21st Oct 2022
  • 716 Views, 13 Comments

Rumour Has It - daOtterGuy



Rumour has it, there's a monster listening in on you

  • ...
2
 13
 716

Journal Entry 2


Dear Mum,

Things are a real mess right now. Dust didn’t show up in the morning, and, even worse, Lacey is gone too. It all started this morning when I woke up to find Hemline fretting at the breakfast table. She was understandably worried about Dust still not being home and chomping at the bit to go look for him again. Lacey was looking pleased as punch, which did nothing but sour her mother’s mood. After shoveling down some hay cakes, we were all out the door searching for the wayward colt. Much to Hem’s fury, Lacey spent the whole morning telling ponies that Dust had been taken by a shadow monster, sticking close to the lie from yesterday. Usually, it was at least chuckle-worthy, but with the stress of Dust’s disappearance, it was starting to wear on us.

By sundown, Hem was done with Lacey’s lies and took her back to the house. Told her to stay in her room. She then asked the other townsfolk to help and we ended up having half the town trying to find Dust’s hiding place.

Once night had fallen, we called off the search for the day and went back home only to find Lacey had run off. Poor Hem was beside herself as she cussed up a storm in the living room, going back and forth between anger and worry. I tried to calm her down, but she wouldn’t listen. Grabbed a half-filled lantern off the peg and trotted out into the night telling me to watch the house front while she was out.

I told her to come back inside and wait, but Hem wasn’t listening. I asked her to at least top off the lantern before heading out, but she was too worried. Was really eager to be out looking for her missing foals. Can’t say I blame her.

The last words she told me were to be ready with hay cakes in the morning.

I’m mighty worried about those three, but there’s nothing I can do now. Hopefully in the morning, all three of them will be back and we can put this whole thing behind us. Good night, mum.

Love, Cross