• Published 26th Sep 2022
  • 5,673 Views, 158 Comments

Sonic The Hedgehog x My Little Pony: Make Your Mark - Season 1 - BronySonicFan



The Mane 5 try to solve the magical problems of the new earth pony magic, while Sonic starts to face shadows from his past as he, Tails and Knuckles try to find their way back home.

  • ...
12
 158
 5,673

7. The Traditional Unicorn Sleep-Over

Outside the Crystal Brighthouse, Tails had a table with many tools and a notebook where he had organized the names of the ponies that requested him to fix something and what they requested to fix. Behind him, he had all the home appliances and the other mechanical inventions that needed a check and a fix.

"... and Posey's oven should be ready by sundown" Tails said as he filled in the list of the things he had to fix that day. "I think I'm ready to start working and expand 'Electronic Tails' across Equestria!" he stated with a smile.

"Um... Tails?" Sonic's voice called over to him, and Tails turned around to face him, Sunny and Zipp. "What's all of this?" he asked confused, looking at all the stuff that Tails had gathered and organized.

"Oh, hi guys!" Tails greeted to his friends. "Don't mind me, I'm just getting ready to open Electronic Tails and get to work" he explained with a smile.

"Electronic Tails?" Zipp asked with a smirk.

"Yeah... I decided that, instead of try to find answers for questions that might not need one, I'm gonna use my new powers to help ponies around town" Tails confessed. "I may not understand how we got them or why, but I decided to stop wondering things that maybe don't need an answer at all. So, I created this 'little' business where I repair everything that ponies need to" he explained, pointing at all the stuff the ponies in Maretime Bay requested him to fix.

"Oh! So that's why you had all those ponies talking to you the other day" Sunny said with a smile.

"Yup! And I'm planing to expand to Zephyr Heights and Bridlewood later on, but first I wanna make sure this actually works, so I'm starting here on Maretime Bay" Tails explained once again.

"If you call this 'little business', then Knuckles is smarter that I give him credit for" Sonic said jokingly. "Jokes aside, I'm glad you're going to put your new powers on good use, just like Knuckles with the deputy thing" he said with a genuine proud smile. Then, his phone ringed suddenly and he took out to check what it is. "Oh, I need to go now. Queen Haven needs me on the landing track now. I'll se you later, guys. And good luck with your new job, Tails! Gotta go fast!" he said, then boosted towards Zephyr Heights.

"I have to go to my Smoothie Stand too" Sunny said. "Good luck, Tails!" she added, waving his hoof at him and walking towards Maretime Bay.

Zipp, on the other hand, came closer to Tails as he took out the list to see what he had to check on first. "Hey, about what you said, that not every question needs an answer... do you mean it?" she asked her a little concerned.

"I'm just saying that some mysteries should remain like that. Sometimes, if you keep digging, you end finding something you either shouldn't have found or you wished never wanted to found" Tails pointed out. "But it's what I am going to do, Zipp. You're a detective, a really good one even!" he complimented her, which made Zipp blush from embarrassment and smile sheepishly. "It's normal that you want to solve mysteries, so go ahead and do it! Again, I am the one stopping questioning stuff" he pointed out once again with a smile.

"Right..." Zipp said a little embarrassed. "Sorry for asking, Tails. I guess I just took it personal..." she confessed.

"No biggie" Tails assured with a smile.

"Well then, I let you work peacefully then" Zipp said, flying away from the Brighthouse.

"Bye, Zipp!" Tails waved his hand at her, then looked back at his notebook. "Now, let's see..." he muttered to himself.


At the Community Garden, Sparky was eating flowers around. Izzy, who was supposed to be dragonsitting him today, quickly ran with him after Sparky chomped a yellow flower.

"Oh, Sparky, save your snacking for food, not flowers!" Izzy told him with a soft tone. However, Sparky started to gibberish sadly, and Izzy looked at him feeling a bit bad. "Aw, it's okay. You didn't know any better and you're just getting your sillies out" she told the baby dragon with a smile, but Sparky took that as a sign to run away and have fun around town, while Izzy chased him behind. "Oh, no, no, no! I didn't mean to 'silly-out' even more!" she told him, chasing him towards Maretime Bay, where the baby dragon started to run on street as some ponies watched. "Sparky, stop!" Izzy told him, but Sparky kept running away.

Izzy panted a little, and then realized that they were in town, so she shouted to the baby dragon again. "Sparky, slow!" she told him, but the baby dragon kept running. He jumped over Toots, who was eating a donut and ended up having it over his eyes. Then he ran around Sprout, who was just walking on Mane Street, and Izzy followed him, then accidentally hit Sprout on the face. Sparky kept running happily, until he stopped and looked at a dark alley in fright.

Izzy arrived and stepped in front of him, panting after chasing him around Maretime Bay. "Okay, enough running for today" she told the baby dragon, who looked again at the dark alley in fear. "What's wrong?" Izzy asked Sparky a bit worried and confused. "You're acting like there's some mysterious and scary presence lurking in the shadows directly behind me" she said in a cheery tone, not knowing that there actually was a presence behind her.

Izzy turned around, and then gasped when she saw another unicorn mare, Misty to be precise, who started her mission to infiltrate into the Crystal Brighthouse to get Sunny's lantern and Team Sonic's Chaos Emeralds. "Hi, friend! What's your name? I'm Izzy Moonbow!" Izzy presented herself, extending her hoof to Misty with a smile.

Misty putted down a pen after drawing a fake butterfly Cutie Mark on her flank, and stared at Izzy's extended hoof blankly. "Uh, Misty" she introduced herself nervously. "I, uh... just got into town, and now I'm gonna leave, bye!" she said to Izzy, then tried to stay away from her.

Yet again, it's Izzy we're talking about, since she started to follow Misty around. "Wait, wait, I remember when I was new in town! Where ya going?!" Izzy insisted over Misty, who just wanted to stay away from her before she spilled that she was working with Opaline and Eggman. "Do you want me to show you around?" she asked cheerfully to Misty.

"Uh... I..." Misty said nervously, turning around to face Izzy, and then she got a bit scared when she saw Sparky growling at her with a frown.

"Aw, don't mind him" Izzy said with a smile. "He's probably just excited to see another unicorn like me––" she said, then gasped and started to jump joyfully around Misty. "Wait a minute! Unicorns, you! Me! Us! We can be..." Izzy gasped again and lifted Misty in a hug. "Unicorn friends!" she shouted excited, then she putted Misty down, and the unicorn started to walk backwards a bit uncomfortable with Izzy. "Oops! Sorry. I've been told my hugs can be pretty heavy-duty" Izzy apologized.

Misty then ran away, but just when she thought she was away from Izzy, the unicorn appeared in front of her and startled her.

"This is incredible" Izzy said with a cheery tone, while Misty just smiled awkwardly. "I can't believe I've made a new unicorn friend! Poof! Just like that" she said, making a gesture with her hoof to prove her point, as she approached Misty who walked backwards nervously. "I mean, I've known a lot of unicorns, but, I dunno, something about you feels different" she said, looking closely to Misty with a suspicious tone.

"It does?" Misty asked with panic on her voice.

"Mm-hmm" Izzy said, nodding with a little frown. "It must be... Because you're my first official unicorn friend here in Maretime Bay!" she shouted, again with her usual cheery tone.

Misty looked around and then smiled nervously. "Yes. That must be it!" she said, relieved that she hasn't been discovered.

"Yes!" Izzy exclaimed excited. "This is such perfect timing because I have been missing Bridlewood... so much lately" she confessed with a nostalgic tone. "The trees, the teas, even the jinxies!" she said, as she got to Misty's side again. "I bet we could spend hours bonding over Bridlewood experiences, having both grown up as unicorns, right?!" she asked cheerfully to Misty, placing a hoof around her neck while Misty looked on nervous since she didn't grew up in Bridlewood.

"Yeah. I gue–– Well..." Misty said nervously, looking around and trying to find the right words, while Sparky pocked his head from Izzy's mane and growled with a frown at Misty.

Izzy noticed and looked at the baby dragon on her head. "What's gotten into you, little Spark-Spark?" she asked him with a smile. "Misty's our friend" she said excited, pointing at said unicorn with a smile, but Sparky kept growling at Misty, and then got down from Izzy's head. "Ah! We'll celebrate us meeting with a... traditional unicorn sleepover!" Izzy shouted excited.

"What's that?" Misty asked confused.

"It's the unicorn tradition for whenever you make a very special, new best friend" Izzy explained quickly. "You've never heard of it?!" she asked to Misty, who walked backwards with a sheepish smile.

"Oh, yes of course!" Misty said nervously. "I thought you said, 'weep-over!' Which is when you like cry over not having any lunch? Like me!" she lied. "Which is why I thought of it just now. I'm really hungry!" she said, sighing at the end after telling all of that so quickly.

"So, it's official!" Izzy stated with a cheery smile. "You're gonna sleepover at the Crystal Brighthouse tonight!" she added, pointing at the Crystal Brighthouse in the distance.

"Oh, tonight?" Misty asked nervously. "But I can't really–– And there's something I have to––" she tried to say, but Izzy already was walking away.

"I'm gonna have snacks and streamers and tea lights for ambiance! And those hay pillows over there!" Izzy shouted, walking towards the Crystal Brighthouse. "Okay, gotta go get ready! See you later, Misty!" she told to the other unicorn.

Misty looked at her go, then she looked at Sparky, who growled at her and decided to follow Izzy. Misty then looked at the ground with sadness and worry, knowing that Opaline would pretty much not let her go.


Well, I was wrong.

"So I get to go to the party?" Misty asked to Opaline with a little smile.

"Oh, Misty, you're going to party it up alright" Opaline replied with an evil grin. "You're going to party all night until you steal Sunny's precious magic lantern..." she stated, then looked at the corner, where Eggman looked through the window with worry, then she looked back at Misty. "... and the Doctor's Emeralds as well" she instructed, looking at an image of the lantern on her boiler.

"I'm not really sure that's how parties work. I've never been to one" Misty said, while Opaline stared at her with anger. "But you're the expert!" she quickly added with a nervous laugh.

"Misty, just have fun with those fools until they all fell asleep" Eggman instructed from the corner of the room, still looking outside the window. "The more you enjoy it, the less they suspect you're helping us" he added.

"I'm gonna give the credit to Ivo on that one" Opaline said with a frown. "Now get inside that place and find. That. Lantern" she ordered, while Misty just nodded with a smile. She decided to go to her room and prepare everything, while Opaline looked back at the doctor with concern. "What's gotten into you now, Ivo?" she asked him.

Eggman sighed frustrated before reply. "My bird found the remaining Emerald... but it's worth nothing" he explained, at least one part, since up until now Opaline had no idea about the Metal Mane, and Eggman wanted to keep it that way.

"Why not?" Opaline asked confused.

"It has no energy" Eggman said. "And I'm not talking about a 'recharging process' like the ones we have, no. This one's completely dead" he explained. "If the seventh Emerald doesn't work, my master plan gets complicated... at least until I found a way to make the Emerald work again in this world" he stated.

"I still don't get what's your 'Master Plan', Eggman" Opaline confessed with a frown. "And you've been defending Opaline way too much lately" she pointed out concerned.

"Ugh! How many times do we have to get through this?!" Eggman shouted with a frown, finally looking at Opaline. "Getting rid of Sonic, then get the Emeralds, then take over this world with you and then take over mine! Where's the so difficult part to understand?!" he asked. "As for Misty... we need her to stay on our side. She may be clumsy and somewhat careless, but she's still or best contact with the outside. She needs to trust us, or at least one of us to stay, unless you want her to join forces with those ponies" he said with a teasing tone.

Somehow, that touched a nerve on Opaline, and she simply looked down anxiously.

"That's what I thought" Eggman said with a grin. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to find a way to reactivate this thing before Sonic himself realizes I found it" he said.

Eggman entered to his lab, and Opaline just looked with concern and anger.


Back at the Crystal Brighthouse, Tails was fixing up Dahlia's toaster as he sang to himself.

"I wanna fly high. So I can reach the highest of all the heavens. Somebody will be waiting for me so I have got to fly higher" Tails sang as he kept fixing the toaster, not only using his new powers, but also using his own tools. "And done!" he said with a smile, putting the toaster down and preparing it to give it back to Dahlia.

Then, Pipp entered to the Brighthouse humming to herself, and slightly heard Tails still singing to himself. "Hey, Tails!" she greeted as she walked towards him. "Zipp told me about your little business thing, how's it going?" she asked with a smile.

"Great!" Tails replied with a cheery smile. "I'm near finishing all the things I gotta fix today" he added.

"Well, I'm glad" Pipp said. "You know, I was wondering... remember my auto-mane-tic shampoo and shine?" she asked him, while Tails nodded in 'yes'. "Well, it has been presenting some problems lately, and I was wondering if you could... you know..." she said with a begging look.

"You want me to check your machine?" Tails asked, while Pipp just nodded. "I mean, sure, but you'll had to wait until I have time. My schedule is too tight with how many things I have to fix right now, and it's just the first week!" he pointed out.

"Are you sure?" Pipp asked a bit concerned. "I mean, I wouldn't mind in other circumstances... if it wasn't because many ponies have been using it lately, and it had to failed when it was at it's best!" she cried out dramatically.

"Well, there's the problem: overusing it it's probably what make it fail in the first place" Tails pointed out with a bored expression, then sighed. "Look, let's do something: I'll try to fix Posey's oven first, since it's the last complicated thing I have today, then I'll fix your machine and then I'll come back and fix everything else, okay?" he suggested with a little smile.

"Deal!" Pipp said with a bright smile.


Some time later, Tails was finishing his job for today by fixing Toots' washer, because repairing Pipp's auto-mane-tic took him more than he though, while Izzy told Sunny, Zipp, Pipp, Sonic and Knuckles about her new friend she make today.

"And she had a horn just like me! And hooves just like me!" Izzy said cheerfully, while Zipp and Pipp looked at each other with smiles and Sonic rolled his eyes with a smile. "And a face! Just like me" Izzy added, jumping on the table and startling Sunny a little bit, who had a smoothie on her hoof.

Sunny laughed at Izzy's attitude before reply. "She sounds like a unique unicorn" she said with a smile.

"And you said Sparky was growling at her?" Zipp asked, while Hitch played with said dragon - who was holding a crab plush - behind the couch as Zipp looked sideways at them. "I wonder why..." she said.

Then, Hitch accidentally threw Sparky too high and the baby dragon jumped on Pipp's head, then jumped on Sonic's stomach and landed on the ground.

"Ahh, you know. Sparky growls at everypony and every twig, bug, and critter!" Izzy pointed out cheerfully, looking at the baby dragon with a smile. "He's just a curious baby dragon. It's what he does!" she said, while Sparky used his dragon fire to turn the crab plush into a carrot and Izzy recorded him with her phone.

"Speaking of, it's time to get this little guy back to the station and start his bedtime routine!" Hitch said, as he grabbed Sparky and hold him on his arm, while the baby dragon looked at him with sad eyes since he didn't wanted to sleep.

"Does that means I'm done for today?" Knuckles asked Hitch.

"Yup, you can take the night free, Knux" Hitch stated with a smile.

"Thank Chaos!" Knuckles cheered, as he pulled off his belt and threw it away, then Hitch left the Brighthouse.

Then, Izzy gasped as she looked at the hour in her phone. "That's the time?! I've got to get moving! There's so many great treats and traditions to get ready!" she stated, jumping to the table and sitting on it. "This is gonna be the best sleepover anypony's ever been to in all of Bridlewood!" she cheered with a smile. "I mean–– Maretime Bay. I mean–– Equestria!" she corrected herself cheerfully, now walking towards her crafting spot.

"Well, I thought my birthday party last year was pretty epic, but guess the bar's always rising" Pipp said with a smile.

"I bet it was a lot better than Sonic's last birthdays" Knuckles said with a smirk and a mocking tone.

"Seriously? That again? I thought we already passed through this..." Sonic said with annoyance. "It's hard to celebrate your own birthday when you share it with your worst enemy and he thinks killing you will be the perfect gift for himself!" he pointed out with frustration.

"Not to mention he has a record by ruining them since you turned 20" Tails added, joining into the conversation.

"Wait... You and Eggman have the same birthday?" Zipp questioned.

"Unfortunately" Sonic said with a bored expression. "It's so fun having a target painted on your back every June 23rd" he added with evident sarcasm.


After a while, the rest decided to help out with the decorations while Tails stayed out to deliver the washer back to Toots.

"Roll out the yarn balls!" Izzy said cheerfully, while Sunny, Pipp and Knuckles looked at the exaggerated amount of yarn balls in the dinner table.

"... I have no words to describe how weird and wrong this feels" Knuckles said with concern.


Then, outside the Brighthouse, Zipp was lifting some tea cups with lights on the ceiling.

"Woop! Woop! String up the tea lights!" Izzy said, as Zipp did such thing, but then a bird stood on the string and Zipp frowned at it.

"Need some help?" Tails asked her, arriving in flight after finally being done with his job, at least for today, and he gently made the bird flew away.

"Uh, thanks" Zipp said with a little smile.

"No problem!" Tails replied, smiling back at her, which weirdly made Zipp blush a little.


Later, all of them where inside the Brighthouse.

"Hang lots of colorful scarves for... Ambiance!" Izzy said, as everyone around the Brighthouse placed scarves of different colors in places like the lamps and the stairs.

"This looks pretty good, actually" Sonic admitted.

"I may get used to this very quickly" Knuckles said with a bright smile. "You always impress me with your craftings, Izz" he told the unicorn.

"Why, thank you, Knuckie!" Izzy said with a bright smile. Then, the door bell ringed, and Izzy gasped and turned to it excited. "Sweet sauce, horseshoe toss! She's here! Yay!" she cheered, walking excited to the door.

"Her expressions have less sense anytime..." Tails said with a side smile.

"And that's what makes it charming" Knuckles said, smiling as he looked at her. Then he looked at Sonic and Tails at his side, looking at him with a mischief look. "What?" Knuckles asked confused.

"Yeah, act like a Knucklehead. We discovered you" Sonic said with a mocking tone.

"I have no idea what are you talking about..." Knuckles said with a bored expression.

Then Izzy opened the door, and found Misty, holding her own pillow with a sheepish smile.

"Welcome to the Brighthouse, Misty..." Izzy tried to say, but then she realized that Misty never told her her last name. "Misty, uh... Uh, what's your last name?" she whispered to the other unicorn.

"Ah, uh..." Misty tried to came up with something since she didn't had an actual last name. She looked at the Brighthouse quickly and talked before think. "Bright-house!" she replied, but the rest looked at her confused, specially Sonic and Knuckles. "Bright, uh..." Misty started to look around again, then she looked at the image of dawn behind the Brighthouse on one of the doors stained glasses and smiled. "Bright... dawn. Brightdawn!" she said, smiling sheepishly again.

"Welcome, Misty Brightdawn, to the best unicorn sleepover of your unicorn life!" Izzy said, as Misty entered the Brighthouse and looked in awe at the decorations.

"So nice to finally meet you, Misty!" Sunny said with a smile.

"Yeah, Izzy's told us––" Tails tried to add, but Misty walked aside nervously.

"Told you? Told you what?" Misty asked defensively.

"When did you say you got into Maretime Bay?" Zipp asked suspiciously.

"Oh I didn't––" Misty tried to reply, but then Zipp bombed her with questions.

"In town just for a visit or staying permanently?" Zipp asked, which made Misty feel uncomfortable.

"Zipp, Zipp, Zipp, Zipp, Zipp, Zipp" Sonic said, as he approached her and place hid hand around her neck, pulling her away from Misty. "Let me tell you this in the less offensive way I can think of: If you're just going to bomb Izzy's guest and friend with unnecessary detective stuff, then shut it. Prettier quiet, remember?" he told her with a smirk, then walked away.

"What? "Prettier quiet'?" Zipp said confused.

"Sonic's right, Zipp" Izzy said with a smile. "You don't need to 'detective' her. Misty's our friend" she pointed out, while Zipp kept looking at Misty suspiciously. "Ooh! We're already way behind schedule" she said, going closer to the others. "Come on, 'unicorns'!" Izzy said, as she, Sunny and Pipp ran away giggling excited, while Misty gulped nervously and Zipp followed behind, still feeling suspicious about the new unicorn.

And then, there was Team Sonic, who felt conflicted on what to do.

"I mean, why not, guys? Izzy put all her effort on this, even if it was mainly for Misty" Knuckles said.

"Are you going to praise everything Izzy does from now on or what?" Sonic asked with a bored expression.

"You do the same with Pipp and no one complains" Tails pointed out with a bored expression as well.

"... Touché" Sonic said blankly. "You know what? Knux is right, let's give it a shot" he stated at the end with a smile.


At the kitchen's table, the whole group was decorating fake unicorns with some of Izzy's crafting stuff, while Izzy was decorating her actual horn with some little pearls.

After finishing with her horn, she made a little reverence to show it to the others, who exclaimed in awe at Izzy's decorated horn.

Pipp tried to put some glitter on the fake horn that she had on her mane, but the glitter bottle's lid fell, and the glitter fell in Pipp's chin, giving her a Glitter beard, which caused everyone - herself included - to laugh at it.


Later on, Izzy builded up a pillow fortress with pillows from the couches and the bedroom, putting a red flag at the top to finish it.

"Ta-dah!" Izzy said cheerfully, showing the tower to the others.

"Nice!" Knuckles said with a smile.

Misty then putted her pillow on the fortress, but it tilted before falling up completely. While the rest immediately moved aside, Izzy fell on one of the pillows, and the rest just laughed again at the scene.


Later, the group sat around the dinner table, with a board game on it that Izzy brought.

"So, how does this game work?" Sunny asked her.

"The rules of 'Dare the Mare' go..." Izzy started, then she took a deep breath and explained the rules quickly. "If a player spins the wheel and lands on an odd number then they dare the mare to do something fun, but if they land on an even number they dare the mare to do something funny and if their fun is too funny or funky too fun they go back and do it all over again!" she explained.

Sunny and Zipp looked at each other confused, Misty smiled nervously, Sonic had no idea of what he just heard, Knuckles' brain probably exploded, Tails wrote down the rules and had no idea of what he was reading.

Pipp, however, smiled nervously. "That makes total sense" she said, then Izzy took a deeb breath again and threw the board game away, almost hitting Sunny and Zipp if it wasn't because they dodged it.

"Whoops. Explaining the rules took too long!" Izzy said cheerfully. We've got to move on, party ponies!" she said, moving on to the next activity.

"Is it just me, or Izzy's being more Izzy that she usually Izzy?" Sonic asked with concern.

"Yeah, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad one" Pipp said, a bit concerned too, as she and the others followed Izzy, except for Tails, who looked anxiously at the rules of the board game.

"This has absolutely no sense..." Tails said, then Sonic came over and pulled him away.


Now they were at the living room, with Sunny and Izzy sitting in front of each other on some pillows while Izzy hold Sunny's hooves together and the others just looked.

"The art of hoof-reading has been in the Moonbow family for generations! It all started with Great-Great-Auntie Buttons" Izzy said with pride, while Misty looked around, and after checking no one was looking at her, she started to search for Sunny's lantern as quickly as she could. But once she got back to her initial position, Zipp did looked at her, and gave a suspicious look while Misty smiled nervously and looked back at Sunny and Izzy.

"Ooh! So interesting!" Misty said, while the rest sins Zipp looked on with a smile.


Back at the dinner table, there was 8 tea cups and a kettle in the middle of the table.

"Tea time!" Izzy announced, as she gave a cup to each one of her friends. However, when she gave her cup to Misty, she drank some of it, and Izzy looked on with a smile and a raised eyebrow. "Uh... Misty?" she called out, while Misty stopped slurping. "Those tea leaves were for reading, not for drinking. Remember?" she said, while Misty putted the drink back to the cup with a sheepish smile.

"If it makes you feel better, these two and I did that the same on our first time" Sonic said with a little smile, pointing at Tails and Knuckles.

"True!" Tails said with a smile as well, which actually did make Misty feel less embarrassed.


Later, there were some bowls with ponycorn and cups for each one of the group.

"Ponycorn station!" Pipp sang excited.

"Another reason I love this world: food tastes way better than it has any right to be!" Knuckles said with sparkling eyes.

"Oh, this looks so freaking good!" Sonic said, rubbing his hands excited.

"Now this seems absolutely delicious" Tails said with a smile

"Yum! Oh, thanks Izzy!" Sunny said with a smile as well.

"Yeah!" Zipp added with a smirk.

Misty, however, grabbed one of the ponycorns and looked at it suspiciously. She then ate it, and if her eyes could turn into literal stars, they definitively would have right now. "This is the best things I've ever eaten in my entire life!" she exclaimed with joy.

While the mares just looked at her with smiles, except for Zipp who kept looking at her suspiciously, Sonic and nodded in agreement and Knuckles ate some ponycorns with joy.

"And this is just the ponycorn, you definitively have to try some of her other meals, if you ever have the chance too, of course" Sonic pointed out with a smile.


Then, the group sat down on the living room couches to watch a movie. You know, usual sleepover thing. Zipp, Tails, Pipp and Sonic sat together in that order, while Sonic had a bowl of ponycorn on his hands. At the other side, Sunny sat with Misty and Knuckles at her sides, while Izzy sat in the floor and hold the TV mote.

"'Trotting Hill', a unicorn sleepover classic!" Izzy said cheerfully, then looked at the hour on her phone. "But we only have three minutes to move through, let's go!" she added, throwing her phone away and speeding up the movie.

"Don't you see, Salty?" a unicorn mare said on the movie.

"I'm just a unicorn standing in front of another unicorn, asking him to share with her!" Izzy repeated the line. "So romantic!" she said, once again speeding up the movie.

"If this is the pony version of 'Twilight', I'm out" Sonic muttered with a bored expression.

"Say Izzy, you think we can slow down a bit?" Sunny asked with a smile.

"Yeah, I've barely made a dent in our chocolate ponycorn!" Pipp pointed out, now holding the bowl of ponycorn that Sonic had before.

"I'm sorry, 'our'?" Sonic asked her with a smirk.

Pipp blushed and cleared her throat, before smirking back to Sonic. "Not now, Sonic" she said.

"Ugh, go get a room already" Tails muttered in annoyance.

"Slow down?" Izzy asked, and got up so suddenly that her tail hit Misty and make her feel in the ground, while Sonic and Pipp looked confused at Izzy. "If anything, we need to speed up!" she stated, now facing to all of her friends. "If we don't do everything, it's jinxie!" she stated.

"I though you don't believed on those things?" Knuckles pointed bit a bit confused.

"What's Jinxie?" Misty asked genuinely confused.

However, Izzy just laughed because she thinks Misty was just joking. "You're so funny!" she told her, then rolled up the list of things to do on the sleepover.

"Don't you think it's a little weird Misty's just as lost as us?" Zipp whispered to Tails and Pipp at her side, while Tails facepalmed quietly and shook his head in disbelief and Pipp just side smiled as she got close to Izzy. "She claims to have grown up in Bridlewood, but it's as if she's never even been there, guys" she said with suspicion.

"Zipp, please stop questioning things for once, it's starting to get annoying" Tails said with a bored expression, which made Zipp to feel a bit bad.

"What's next, Izzy?" Sunny asked her, as Izzy had the list open for her, Sunny and Pipp to read it.

"'Ask an Amethyst'?" Pipp read a bid confused. "What's that?" she asked to Izzy.

"You mean having, conversations with your crystals is just a unicorn thing?" Izzy questioned with a smile.

"Wait, you talk with your crystals?" Knuckles asked, while Izzy nodded energetically. "That's actually something I do sometimes... when the crushing loneliness becomes so strong that I have to talk with a giant green rock I've been guarding my whole life" he added with an anxious look.

"And that's why you should accept our invitations to hang out more often" Sonic pointed out with a bored expression.

"Whoa" Izzy said in awe and a little blush at Knuckles, then she turned to see Misty, who was eating from the ponycorn bowl. "Can you believe that, Misty?" she asked her about the thing with the crystals.

"Uh, totally. It's, um... What you said" Misty replied nervously, since she was too busy with the ponycorn that didn't paid attention to Izzy. "So, uh. Where's that little dragon from earlier?" she asked curiously. "Shouldn't he be enjoying the party as well?" she added.

"Oh, Sparky? Hitch is limiting the overnight dragon-sitting until he gets the hang of his dragon fire" Pipp explained.

"'Dragon fire', is that magical? Like your Cut–– our Cutie Marks?" Misty asked.

"It's definitely something" Sunny said with a smile.

"We just don't know what yet" Tails added.

"It can transform all sorts of stuff, though!" Pipp said cheerfully. "Even Cutie Marks" she added.

"Yeah, ask Sunny about her little Hitch Switch!" Sonic said with a mocking tone and a smirk.

"Oh!" Sunny said, as she looked away from her friends with a blush and a nervous chuckle.

Misty then placed a hoof on her chin, having thoughts on the dragon fire that may be useful for Opaline.


Later on, the group gathered on the living room holding some crystals while Izzy cleared her throat.

"And now, for my favorite part–– Well, next to my favorite part and my other other favorite..." Izzy said, then took a deep breath and continued. "It's the sleepover sing-along!" she announced, then took another deep breath and somehow blowed a note from the crystal. "We sing this all the time back in Bridlewood, even foals know it!" she pointed out with a smile.

"Well then, why don't you and Misty do it as a duet?" Zipp suggested. "Teach us together" she added on a very bad acted cheery tone.

Izzy gasped and then looked at Misty. "Brilliant idea!" she stated, then she grabbed Misty and dragged her along to the front of the rest. "We'll jump into the chorus together, then you take the verse" she instructed Misty, while Zipp behind looked on as if she wanted Misty to fail.

Izzy started to sing, while Misty followed barely since she didn't knew the song at all. While the rest where more focused about the crystals that started to float behind Izzy and Misty, Zipp looked at the last unicorn suspiciously.

Once Izzy stopped, Misty tried to follow up, however, she had to made up most of it since, again, she didn't grew up in Bridlewood. After she finished, Izzy looked down on disappointment, and she putted the crystals back down.

"Oh... I guess we just learned different versions. That's okay..." Izzy said with a sad tone, walking away, while Zipp once again looked at Misty with suspicion.

"I'm sorry we don't know ton of unicorn stuff, Izzy" Sunny told her, approaching the mare. "But we're happy to learn!" she assured with a smile.

"And we're happy to do all the other things you had planned!" Pipp assured with a smile.

"It may just take us a while" Zipp added.

"Ah, thanks guys" Izzy said with a little smile. "Maybe we can continue the list and... I'll just sing the song by myself later" she added, feeling sad again, while Misty looked sheepishly and quietly walked away.

"Now hold on a second!" Knuckles said, placing his hand on Izzy's shoulder. "We're not letting you feel this sad just because of a little misunderstand" he stated with confidence.

"Knux is right" Pipp added with a smile. "I'll sing the song with you!" she suggested.

"Or we could play another game?" Tails suggested as well, while Misty looked at the second floor and went upstairs, without anyone noticing.


Misty arrived to the bedrooms, and started to look around for Sunny's lantern on her section of the dorm. Then, she went to Sonic's, Tails' and Knuckles' sections to look for the chest with the Chaos Emeralds as well, but she didn't found neither the lantern nor the Emeralds.

"Where are those things? Or the lantern?" Misty asked herself. She went back to Sunny's side of the room, and found the Alicorn mirror on a vault in front of Sunny's bed. "Ooh! I can use this" she said with joy, then she grabbed the mirror and opened it. "Opaline? Opaline!" she called out, and after waiting for a few seconds, nothing happened. "Oh right. This thing doesn't work inside the Brighthouse" she said, remembering that the Unity Crystals had a spell that protected the Brighthouse from letting any spell or negative energy out.

She looked around for a window, then she arrived at Zipp's side of the dorm and opened the window, then poked her head out with the mirror on her hooves. "Opaline, I'm in!" she announced, as Opaline's face finally appeared on the mirror. "But no lantern nor Emeralds. What do I do next?" she asked her with worry.

"Ugh! Think, Misty!" Opaline scolded her. "There's got to be some way up to that glass room at the top. The lantern will be up there, with the Prisbeam!" she instructed her.

"As for the Chaos Emeralds..." Eggman's voice spoke, as he stepped in the call. "Tails probably has some kind of hidden safe on his room. After you get the lantern, look for something like that" he instructed as well.

"And don't come back without them! Then, their power is ours" Opaline instructed lastly, then laughed maniacally alongside Eggman, while Misty also delivered a very good maniac laugh, which impressed both Opaline and Eggman. "Oh, better, Misty" Opaline congratulated.

"You've been practicing, haven't you?" Eggman asked, as he suddenly started to sob and quickly walked a way. "Give me a second" he said.

"Are you... crying?" Opaline asked with a bored expression.

"They grow up so fast!" Eggman cried out with pride.

"Ugh, you just focus on finding the lantern and the Emeralds" Opaline instructed. "I'll take care of the giant bald baby" she added, while Eggman's sobs just got louder.

Misty closed both the mirror and the window, then got back inside the Brighthouse and looked at the elevator. She got inside of it and looked at the button, then looked at her hoof and pressed the button, but the elevator did not moved at all.

"Why isn't it working?" Misty asked herself with worry, as she got a few more tries. But then, an alarm ringed and made Misty panic. "No! Shh! Shh, shh, shh! They'll find out––" she tried to shut the alarm off, but then two familiar figures showed up.

"Find what out?" Zipp asked first, looking at her with a little frown, while Tails stood at her side with a raised eyebrow.

"That, uh, I can't figure out this key pad to go up to the washroom! So embarrassing" Misty said with a nervous smile.

"You were trying to find the washroom in the elevator?" Zipp questioned again.

"No, but I thought–– Well, I thought I'd go look at the view first!" Misty replied nervously. "It's a fun Bridlewood tradition, which is probably why you didn't know about it" she added with a nervous chuckle.

"First Bridlewood tradition I totally get!" Zipp replied with a smile. "I love awesome views. Maybe I'll take you up there to look some other time!" she stated, while Misty smiled sheepishly. "But the washroom is down there" she said, pointing to the floor with her head.

Misty scratched her neck sheepishly and walked away nervously. "Thanks, Zipp. I'll be sure to take you up on that" she added, walking away from the room.

"Come on Zipp, don't blame her" Tails told her with a side smile. "Besides, Knuckles and I confused the washroom and a closet door for 2 weeks straight, so I'm not surprised Misty feels lost" he added.

"Still, that doesn't explain why she entered the elevator" Zipp pointed out.

"I know I said this morning that you should solve every mystery you found, but I'm gonna take it back" Tails said with a frown now. "You're making Misty uncomfortable with so many suspicion" he added, as he walked away from her while Zipp looked at him both shocked and sad. "Just stop, or else you'll made both Misty and Izzy feel bad" he finished, before getting out of the room completely and let Zipp with her thoughts.

Why... did that hurt so much? Zipp asked herself on her mind. I mean, Sonic said something similar, and I didn't cared at all to be honest. But why Tails words... hurt even more? she asked again, then walked out of the room as well.


Back at the living room, everyone gathered their respective sleeping bags. Sunny was in the middle of Zipp and Pipp, while Sonic was at Pipp's side, Tails at Sonic's side, Misty at Tails'. Knuckles at Misty's and Izzy was in the middle of Zipp and Knuckles.

"Well, that was fun, but I guess it's over now" Izzy said a bit sad, as she settled herself on her sleeping bag. "Good night, everypony" she added.

"I'm not that sleepy" Sunny confessed.

"Me neither" Sonic said as well, then he looked down at Pipp, who was comfortable over her sleeping bag, falling almost asleep while Sonic smiled a bit at the sight. "But I guess I'm not talking for everyone" he added.

Then, Pipp suddenly stood up and looked around quickly. "Oh! No, no! I'm..." she yawned before keep talking. "I'm really fired up for more fun actually" she said tiredly with a smile.

"Ah! Let's tell stories!" Sunny suggested with a smile.

That was enough to cheer Izzy up. "Sunny! How did you know we do that at a unicorn sleepover?!" she asked genuinely surprised.

"It's a common thing on any sleepover" Tails pointed out with a smile.

"Woo!" Izzy cheered, as she sat down on her sleepover and the rest just looked at her with smiles.

"This is the true story of the Guardians of Harmony and the beginning of Equestria..." Sunny announced with a bright smile.

"Oh, this is gonna be good!" Sonic said, as he crossed his legs and conveniently moved closer to Pipp.

"Ah... I love this story" Pipp said with a smile, as she clapped her hooves to take the lights off and placed her head closer to Sonic's shoulder, who didn't cared, and even placed his arm around the pegasus.

Sunny hold closer a lantern and started to tell the story of Equestria, moons before ponykind split apart for years. "Once upon a time, there was a very special unicorn. A bright unicorn, as bright as the sun! One day, she was summoned by the princess for an assignment: to learn about friendship" she started to tell the story. "She moved to Ponyville and met earth ponies, unicorns, and pegasi who became her best friends! Together, they taught the power of unity and how to live in harmony to everypony in Equestria" she told.

"Oh, here comes my favorite part" Knuckles muttered with excitement.

"But then one day, a magical accident happened" Sunny kept telling, which made Pipp lift her head up, since she was almost falling asleep over Sonic. "An earth pony got hurt by a unicorn. Everypony started fighting with each other! The princess, wanting to protect her kingdom and all of the ponies in it, decided to put all magic into three crystals before it got out of hoof. After that, earth ponies only felt safe with other earth ponies; unicorns and unicorns; and pegasi of a feather flock together. The ponies galloped, trotted and flew as far as they could with their crystals, settling at what would become Zephyr Heights, Bridlewood and Maretime Bay. And that's where they lived forever... until now!" she finished the story with a smile.

"Wait, but that's not the true story at all!" Misty said suddenly with a frown.

"Yes it is" Sunny said with a smirk. "We pieced together the crystal part ourselves! Literally" she added with a little giggle.

"Big shout-out for us to change history" Sonic said tired, as he yawned a bit, while Pipp once again rest her head on Sonic's legs with a smile, and Sonic placed his hand on her mane softly which made her smile grow bigger. "Well, except for Tails and Knuckles. No offense, guys!" he added a bit nervous.

"Non taken!" both Tails and Knuckles said with smiles.

"Why? What have you heard, Misty?" Zipp asked to her with a suspicious look.

Misty kept frowning, and pulled out a lantern too. "You were right about magic being in Equestria at the beginning. But most of it came from another pony, who wasn't a pony at all, but an Alicorn Queen!" she started to tell her version of the story, since this was probably the distorted version Opaline told her. "Her magic was too powerful, they were jealous of her ability and wanted it all for themselves! So the Princess stole all the magic from the Queen, and hid it away somehow, then the Princess putted an enchanted invisi-bubble around Equestria so the powerful Alicorn Queen could never find the magic or the kingdom of ponies, again!" she told.

"Hmm... something feels off with that story..." Tails muttered to himself.

"The Queen was left alone, with only a shadow left of her strength and power" Misty kept telling her story. "All while the other ponies created towns built with her stolen magic!" she finished telling her story.

"What?! That's the true version?" Pipp asked confused.

"That's... pretty dark for a bedtime story" Sonic pointed out with confusion.

Zipp clapped her hooves to turn the lights on, as she also stared at Misty with a frown. "Who told you that?" she asked her.

"Uh–– Nopony!" Misty lied, looking around nervously. "Ah, you know, I may have made some of it up" she added with a nervous laugh.

"'True', 'Made-up', what difference does it make?" Izzy said cheerfully.

"I refrain from answering that" Tails said with a bored expression.

"Each story was great!" Izzy stated with a smile. "Specially that Alicorn Queen part, Misty. Ah! So creative! So epic! Got any more?" she asked her cheerfully.

"Yeah" Sunny agreed with Izzy with a smile.

"So that's what seemed off, it was made up! You got pretty good imagination, Misty!" Tails told her with a smile.

"So... is this like an old Bridlewood pony's tale or...?" Pipp asked, lying with her front legs on Sonic's legs.

"I've never heard it, but maybe that's just my own corner of the community" Izzy suggested, while Misty just nodded with a nervous smile. "Where did you say you grew up exactly, Misty?" she asked, which caused that Misty panicked again.

"Yeah, where did you grow up, Misty?" Zipp asked her with suspicion.

"Uh, nowhere! And nopony! And I... probably gotta get going to get back right about now. Bye!" Misty quickly said, running towards the exit since she felt cornered.

"Wait, Misty! You can't leave, this party is all just for you!" Izzy said, running to the door, but Misty already left and closed the doors behind her.

The others just looked on with worry at both Izzy and Misty, while Tails just frowned and prepared his tails to fly. "I don't want to say I told you, but I actually did" he told to Zipp with anger, before boosting out of the door, while Zipp felt guilty for what she did.

"... Way to go, Zipp" Knuckles said with a frown too, while Sonic punched him on the shoulder with his arm. "What? She screw it" he pointed out, then a groan of Sonic made him realize what he did wrong. "Oh! I'm not helping, am I?" he said blankly.

"No!" Sonic, Pipp and Sunny scolded him.

Sonic then sighed after rolling his eyes and face palming. "Zipp, give Tails some time to calm down. I have an idea of why he followed Misty" he confessed.

Zipp however, still felt guilty, and then approached to Izzy. "Hey, I didn't mean anything by all my questions. I was just... trying to get to the bottom of things and figure out the real truth" she said with concern.

"The truth?" Izzy asked a bit mad at Zipp, slowly looking at her. "You wanna know the truth, Zipp? My first sleepover in Maretime Bay has been a complete and total Jinx-a-thon!" she said with sadness, walking away from Zipp, who looked down with low ears and guilty. "That means 'failure'!" Izzy added quickly before keep walking away.

Knuckles immediately walked towards her to comfort her, while Pipp, Zipp and Sonic just looked on with grief. Sonic then looked over to the open door. "Whatever you're doing Tails, please do it quick. I'm feeling Izzy need it right now" he said with worry.


Minutes later, Izzy started to pack up everything they used for the sleepover with frustration and sadness. "Party's over, ponies" she announced with grief.

"But we don't have to start cleaning just yet, Izzy" Sunny told her with a smile, while she and the rest came closer to her. "I know this didn't go as you planned, but the night still young!" she pointed out.

"Yeah! We can still have more fun!" Pipp added with a smile.

"Whatever you planned up, we'll do it, promise" Knuckles added with a soft tone, while Sonic at his side nodded in agreement.

However, Izzy sighed in defeat and turned around to face her friends. "That's really sweet of you all to say, but it isn't just Misty leaving. This isn't a real celebratory sleepover without being in Bridlewood anyway" she said with sadness, sitting on the ground with her hind hooves crossed. "I just wish I could lay on the ground and stare up at the big branches of Bridlewood trees rustling above me" she said, looking at the ceiling with a nostalgic smile, that quickly faded away when she looked down and grabbed one of the fake horns from before. "It's what I always did when I felt 'unsparkly'" she added, while the rest just looked at her with sad expressions. "I mean, I love living in the Bay with all you guys" she told them, which caused her friends to smile a little. "But sometimes I miss my unicorn stuff so much! And I though having Misty here would help" she confessed with sadness.

The others looked sadly at her, until Knuckles had an idea, and he whispered something quick on Sunny's ear, who smiled at his idea and nodded in agreement, then they all approached to Izzy. "So, what exactly do you miss about Bridlewood? Be specific" she asked her with a smile.

Izzy looked at them with a bright smile. "Do you really wanna hear?" she asked with a flirty blink, while the rest just nodded and Knuckles looked away to try and hide his blush, but nodded as well. "Are you sure? The list is longer than the lyrics to my 'Unicorn sleepover sing along song'" she warned with a smile.

"Oh... Then I'm gonna have to get comfortable" Zipp stated with a smile, as she sat on the dinner table and the rest did the same.

"Tell us everything even if it takes all night and into the next day!" Sunny stated.

Izzy then took a deep breath and started to explain all her list.


At the Community Garden, Misty was walking back and forth nervously.

"I have to go, I have to get out of here. I've already said too much!" Misty cried out to herself in panic. "But I can't just leave! Not without that lantern and those Emeralds!" she pointed out worried. "But if I go back, they'll ask me more questions and expose my lies!" she said panicked. "Unless I sneak past them and bypass the elevator with somepony else's hoof" she stated with a confidence that left as fast as it came. "But whose? And how?!" she asked herself as she started to chuckle nervously. "Is it too late to tell those ponies that I was just kidding?" she added, again chuckling nervously.

"Misty!" Tails' voice called out, and Misty looked at the garden's entrance with panic. "Oh, thank Chaos I found you!" he said, genuinely happy for finding Misty.

"Uh... where you... looking for me?" Misty asked with a sheepish smile.

"Yeah!" Tails said. "Look, I'm sorry if we put some pressure over you, specially Zipp with her nonsense questions. We really wanted to be friends with you, and know you better, but I think we rushed things when we didn't had to, and I'm sorry... for putting all that pressure over you" he apologized, even if he didn't exactly did anything wrong.

Misty just stared at him for a while. The only actual person that she could tell cared a bit about her was Eggman, but now this two tailed fox was telling her that he was sorry for how his friends acted towards her, specially Zipp.

"You know, I think I know why you're nervous" Tails confessed. That made Misty grew nervous again. "You never had friends before, right?" he asked directly. "Sorry if I'm being this rude, but... It's the only logical thing I can think of" he added.

Misty kept staring, but this time it was with a little sadness. To tell the truth, she never had anyone but Opaline, and recently Eggman entered on her life too. Even tho he still was a bad guy, she could tell he was slightly more worried about her than Opaline. But she can't call them friends, because they aren't. "N-No..." Misty replied finally.

"And I guess you didn't grew in Bridlewood either, but you didn't wanted to hurt Izzy's feelings, right?" Tails asked again, at which Misty sobbed a little and nodded again. "Hey, I understand you. I felt like that with Sonic the first time I met him... but time passed, and I felt more confident in myself and others" he confessed with a smile. "Look, we won't pressure you again with your story. You can tell the others about not having grew in Bridlewood when you're ready, but until then, I won't say a thing" he assured her. "Now, what do you say if we go back? Izzy's sleepover isn't over yet" he suggested, extending his hand at her.

Misty looked at his hand, and then at him. She nervously walked towards Tails, and placed her hoof on his hand, while he hold it gently.

"Let's go then, Misty" Tails said with a wink, and guided her back to the Brighthouse.

That gesture made Misty's heart jump excitedly, and a little blush appeared on her cheeks, but she wasn't sure why, at least not yet.


Back at the Brighthouse, Izzy kept telling her list on things she missed about Bridlewood, while Knuckles quietly stepped backwards and whispered at Zipp's ear.

"Can you distract Izzy while we redecorate a little?" Knuckles asked to her in whispers.

"Sure! But I don't think my help is gonna be necessary" Zipp said with a smile.

Knuckles then got close to Sunny, Pipp and Sonic with a smile. "Come on, now! We've gotta give this place a little Bridlewood for Izzy!" he stated in whispers, while the others nodded and sneaked quietly away from Izzy, who was too distracted looking at the ceiling as she kept listing everything she missed from Bridlewood.


Later on, after redecorate Izzy's side of the bedroom to look more like Bridlewood, at least based on everything Izzy told so far, Pipp and Zipp were leading Izzy, who was walking backwards as she kept listing things she missed from Bridlewood.

"Okay, stop listing things Izzy, because one, two... Surprise!" Sunny told her, then Izzy turned around and stared in awe at the decoration of her side of the bedroom: some crystals were hanging on wires; some others were around on the ground; even on of her crafts from La Vila Izzy was there.

"What is all this stuff?" Izzy asked with disbelief and at the edge of tears.

"It's all the stuff you said you missed from Bridlewood!" Sunny said with a cheery smile. "Give or take a couple horn-shaped strudels" she pointed out.

"Now you can lay down and look up at the branches, just like home" Pipp told her with a smile.

"I-I can't believe it..." Izzy confessed, still at the edge of tears. "You guys did all of this just as I was talking?" she asked to her friends.

"Yup!" Sonic replied cheerfully.

"Well, to be fair, you had a lot to say" Zipp pointed out with a smile.

Izzy got closer to Sunny's lantern, that had a crafted cardboard around. "Oh! This is some pretty impressive unicycling, too!" she said cheerfully. "Huh! Maybe you all have a bit of unicorn in you, after all" she said with a grin.

"Well, if you wanna thank someone specifically, then that has to be Knucklehead right here. He's the one who suggested to do this in the first place" Sonic said, as he patted Knuckles' back with a smirk and Knuckles just smiled.

"Yeah, well, someone had to cheer you up, kid" Knuckles said.

"R-Really?" Izzy asked, blushing a little. "You did this for me?" she asked again.

"Yeah... I-I... couldn't stand to see you sad, okay? I wanted to see you smile again, that's all..." Knuckles explained, now blushing a little as well.

Soon enough, Izzy wrapped Knuckles in a hug as she kept saying 'thank you' for a good time, while Knuckles just blushed but smiled, and hugged her back.

Then Izzy opened her eyes and gasped when she saw Tails and Misty at the dorm entrance. "Hey, Misty, you're back!" she cheered.

"Uh, yeah" Misty replied a bit nervous. She barely looked at Tails, but long enough to receive a smile that gave her a bit more confidence. "I was a bit hungry so I thought, maybe I'll go out to the garden and harvest glimmerberries" she lied.

Tails knew that, but he also promised that he would let her say what she had when she needed to, so he won't pressure her. "She ate all of them, otherwise we would have bring some" he lied too, which surprised Misty again.

"Oh, I'm just so glad you are back" Izzy told her with a smile, placing a hoof on her shoulder. "I hope you know how welcome you are her! Look!" she said, pointing at the decorations. "Doesn't it remind you so much of our sweet little hometown?" she asked her with a bright smile.

"Uh..." Misty got nervous again, then she quickly looked at Tails at her side, who made a 'my lips are zipped' move with his hand and winked at her, which made Misty smile before reply to Izzy. "Yes! It's like I'm transported back in time" she said, looking around at the decorations with a smile. "It's actually... pretty incredible" she suddenly stopped to stare at Sunny's lantern.

Later, the group gathered their sleeping bags in the same order from before, and then tried to follow Izzy on her sleepover song again, but since they didn't knew the lyrics, they screw it up a bit. However, it ended up on laughs this time, since the intention was what mattered for Izzy.


At the end, the group was sleeping peacefully on their bags. Izzy sleep on her bed, Tails curled in a ball and hugged his tails, Knuckles slept on his bag as he snored, Sunny slept hugging her lantern, Zipp was sleeping peacefully on her bag and Pipp slept over Sonic's chest as she snored, while Sonic surrounded her with his right arm.

Misty, on the other hand, quietly walked away to Sunny's side of the room and opened the window to talk with Opaline and Eggman through the Alicorn mirror.

"What took you so long?! Did you find it?" Opaline asked with a frown.

"I tried, Opaline, but this plan has been, well, more difficult than we originally anticipated" Misty explained, while Opaline just rolled her eyes in annoyance. "But don't worry! Though I haven't picked the lantern per se, nor those Emeralds, I have gathered plenty of info about their new magic!" she added with a smile, which caught Opaline's attention. "Well, they believe a completely different story about the origin of Equestria. Oh! And they told me all about dragon fire and how it changes Cutie Marks!" she added. "Also, we did a hoof-reading and ate ponycorn and did horn decorating and––" she added, but then Opaline cut her off.

"Hold on, Misty. 'Horn decorating'? 'Ponycorn'? and 'hoof-reading'?" Opaline scolded her.

And so, Eggman decided to step in. "Misty, did you had fun with those idiots, just as I told you?" Eggman asked in a soft tone, although he was frowning too.

"Yes, exactly! It was strategic hoof-reading for gathering intel!" Misty assured, thanking Eggman quietly for that save. "But seriously, have you ever tried ponycorn before? Because it's the best!" she added excited, then quickly corrected herself. "I mean, the best way to trick the ponies into thinking I'm one of their friends!" she assured. "I'm telling you, they were gabbing, I was grubbing" she added, not noticing that Zipp woke up a bit sleepy. "We were getting our top secret info that will take us to the next level! Promise!" she finished.

Even tho Zipp didn't heard everything, she did looked at Misty with suspicion once again.


"Oh, by the way, Misty" Eggman spoke. "I'm gonna change your second assignment: forget about finding the Chaos Emeralds. I need you to gather some info for me: ask as cautious as possible about the Emeralds and if there's any way they can run out of energy. I think you can manage the rest alone" he instructed.

Misty just nodded, and closed the Alicorn Mirror.

"Now why does her has to do that?" Opaline questioned with a frown.

"It doesn't matter how smart I am: the truth is that I have no connection with the Emeralds, and so, I have no idea of how to restore their power. I know how to take it away, but give it back? That's something that scapes my abilities" Eggman confessed. "And Misty managed to gather info for you, so she can totally gather some for me" he pointed out.

"Let me be clear with you doctor: I don't like the way you treat Misty" Opaline said with a frown. "And I don't care if it's a way to make her stay. Treating her like your own daughter is a sign of weakness, and I hate weakness on my allies" she added.

"Too bad you're always being weak and play the 'Strong Queen' roll just for others to fear you" Eggman said, frowning as well, and the offended look on Opaline's face gave him happiness deep inside. "I treat my allies the way I want, Opaline. And mark my words: if we eventually decide to go against each other, don't be surprised that Misty decides to leave you alone" he added, walking slowly towards his lab.

Opaline looked at him with anger, but deep down, she was also a bit sad and disappointed. Even if she didn't liked Misty's failed attempts, she did appreciated her efforts, even tho she would never say it out loud. "Whatever" she muttered to herself, then she walked away from the throne room.