• Published 16th Sep 2022
  • 400 Views, 0 Comments

How To Kill A God - DraconequusInLove



Two pokemon try to kill Equestria's gods and get sentenced to reformation.

  • ...
 0
 400

Lessons In Friendship

Students were out in the corridors, the last class having ended a few minutes ago. Groups of creatures talked and laughed as they moved to their lockers and dorms, putting supplies away and meeting up to hang out.

As soon as Discord and Moondazzle walked in the door conversations fell silent and creatures backed away. They were still spooked by the tall pokemon and their powerful aura.

With a clear path to Starlight's office, the two reached the doors in no time at all. "Ready?" Discord asked, placing a paw on the door.

"Absolutely." Moondazzle replied, and together they pushed open the door into the room.

"And that's it! They're officially enrolled for as long as they need." Twilight smiled at the words of the principal of the School of Friendship. "Congrats... guys?" Starlight looked over Twilight's shoulder at the two pokemon entering the room. Neither of them looked friendly.

Turning around, Twilight was met with a face-first blast of energy, a combined pink and yellow beam of light. She was flipped over the desk and thrown out the window by the force of the blast.

"I take it back. You're expelled." Starlight said before the pokemon jumped over the desk and out the shattered window.

Landing on the ground in the courtyard, they looked around for Twilight before a cage made of magic sprung up around them. "What do you have to say for yourselves?" Asked the majestic alicorn, landing before them.

"It was her idea," Moondazzle said, pointing at Discord.

"I gave you a second chance, and this is what you do? Vandalism, attempted murder, and terrorization of the students of this school?" Twilight said. Her face was flushed and she was breathing hard from the magical effort of creating a cage that could hold the pokemon.

"Twilight?" Starlight stuck her head out the window. "We might have a bigger problem than those two right now."

Twilight glared at the two. "Stay. Right. Here." She dropped the cage and flew up to talk to Starlight.

"Soooo..." Discord began, but Moondazzle shushed her.

"Hush. Listen." They crept over to beneath the window and perked their ears, straining to hear Starlight and Twilight's conversation.

"We have a report that a swarm of bugbears is headed towards Ponyville." Starlight said, and from the accompanying hoofsteps it sounded like she was pacing.

"How long until they're here?" Twilight asked. "And how did they get here?" She wanted to ask.

"A few minutes."

"Yaknow..." Discord raised an eyebrow. "We might be able to help and have some fun."

Moondazzle nodded. "Or at least get some practice in."


A short walk later, the two pokemon saw just what the problem was. Hovering above the town hall was a swarm of about thirty bugbears, and they all looked just about ready to attack.

"Strange. Most swarming creatures would have attacked by now." Moondazzle noted.

Discord rolled her eyes and launched a bolt of lightning up at the swarm. "We need to get 'em down to earth, even out the advantage."

Several bolts of pink lightning flew from Moondazzle's hands and hovered above the bugbears, making a timebomb that would set off in fifteen seconds. Working together, the pokemon were able to snipe the wings of the bugbears with energy blasts.

Their attacks enraged the swarm who dove down to attack. Discord easily knocked bugbears away with an electrified paw, but Moondazzle had to dance between bugs and send rose pink light at groups of them, scorching their fur.

Within seconds, the bugbears knew they wouldn't win against the duo, and tried to disperse... just in time for pink lightning to rain down, forcing them to the ground where the pokemon could easily blast them.

With the threat defeated, the two turned to the gathered crowd.

The biggest surprise, however, was that Twilight Sparkle was watching them. "I don't know if you know this, but the two of you make a good team."

Moondazzle and Discord glanced at each other. "I guess we do." Discord said, shrugging.

Moondazzle nodded. "If you would let us, Twilight Sparkle, we would like another chance at your School of Friendship."

Twilight smiled and turned to Starlight, who was standing next to her. "What do you say, principal?"

"I think if they can stop blasting you, they deserve it."

Author's Note:

And now the true story can begin!