• Published 26th Oct 2012
  • 897 Views, 5 Comments

A Royal Insanity: Act II - The Six Trials of Friendship Disaster - Fluttersnake31



The Cutie Mark Crusaders create a pony to reunite the Mane 6 from their lost friendship.

  • ...
 5
 897

Chapter 3 - Go To Bobebzjha or Go Get Feathers?

Chapter 3 – Go to Bobebzjha or Go Get Feathers?

When the fillies came to, they noticed they were all lying in a bed. The weird decorations and random bric-a-brac all over the place was all too familiar. They were in Zecora’s hut. The three climbed out of bed and came into Zecora’s main brewing room. The fillies quickly thanked and apologized to Zecora about getting lost in the Everfree Forest.

“Be careful you must, or in the forest you all will become dust.” Zecora simply replied in her usual manner of speaking.

“We were lookin’ for mah’ sister, Applejack, we must’ve went the wrong way. D’ya think you can help us maybe? And also help us get Pinkie and Rarity back too?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Such a task is dangerous for fillies you, but dangerous for I, it is too. ‘Tis a journey much full of woe, and in the end there will be a terrible foe. I foresee only one way to play, with all this evil and dismay. This way requires a little task, of you fillies I must ask.” Zecora replied.

“I’ll do anything to bring my sister back!” Sweetie Belle spoke aloud, followed by Apple Bloom’s agreement.

“Feathers of a fast Pegasus I need, Feathers of a past Pegasus will certainly agree, and all this we will make, with the body of a snake.”

Scootaloo replied, “So I can get feathers from Rainbow Dash, but… Um…. What exactly do you mean by a ‘past Pegasus’?”

“Uhhh… I think like, one that passed away…. Ya’ know…. Like, dead.” Apple Bloom answered.

“Eeeeew! That’s gross! But if we have to… I guess I’ll get one too…” Scootaloo said, disgusted by her task.

“Well, if Apple Bloom can finish that portal, I bet we can make it teleport us to wherever Snake is? I mean, I don’t know what his kind eat, but I doubt he’s still alive after this long, so we can use his body… Or something… But what are you going to do with all this stuff Zecora?” Sweetie Belle asked. Scootaloo thought to herself while Sweetie Belle asked her question, I don’t think she meant that pet of Sweetie Belle’s… I think she meant an actual snake… But whatever...

Zecora replied, “My potion’s uses are many, and other ponies’ help would be plenty, but of the danger that is there, we must create a custom mare. To fix the problems the Mane 6 have at stake, it would be wise to use the body of Solid Snake.”

“But, Snake isn’t a mare, let alone a pony, it wouldn’t make any sense if your potion made him into a pony! And I thought we only needed to get Pinkie, Applejack, and my sister.” Sweetie Belle argued.

“You all must hurry to save the six, or else Equestria will be in a bad fix. And about my ways, you little strays, don’t question the power of the Zebra, or I’ll send you all to Bobebzjha!” Zecora was getting a little impatient, as she knew that time was of the essence.

“Where in tarnation is ‘Bobebzjha’? Is it even a real place?” Apple Bloom questioned.

Zecora replied, “No…………………………… NOW GO!!!!!!” And with that, the three fillies ran out of the hut and back to Ponyville to begin their small quest.

When they returned to Ponyville, Scootaloo immediately went to find Rainbow Dash while the others finished the portal, which hadn’t been worked on in a long time anyways. She went over to Twilight Sparkle’s house, the library, to get a map of Cloudsdale, but the whole library was locked up as if Ponyville was about to explode. There was a note on the main entrance which was now behind heavy metal bars, which was hoof-written by Twilight.

Dear Anypony Who Wishes to Speak With Me,

I am working on an important project that could one day save all of Equestria, so if you desperately need to see me, my assistant Spike is staying at Lyra’s until I am finished. He will be available to send messages to me at the low price of only two bits. Wielders of an Element of Harmony get a 50% discount, and Princess Celestia gets to send messages for free. See table below for more details.

Casual- 6am-6pm, 2 Bits

Element of Harmony Wielder- 2am-9pm, 1 Bit

Celestia-any, free

Looking for a date with Twilight Sparkle- any, free


Wow Twilight… You must be really desperate for money or a boyfriend… I don’t know what happened on the quest they were sent on, but those three must’ve changed a lot… Scootaloo continued on to catch a ride up to Cloudsdale using the local chariot cab service, which was free to anypony currently attending school with the earth ponies, flight school, magic school, or any combination of the three. As she arrived, Cloudsdale was busy as various weather tasks were being performed and other flight classes were in session. Scootaloo was going to Rainbow Dash’s place first, to try to get a feather from her somehow. Luckily for Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash had off of weather duty today and would be home sleeping in.

Scootaloo had never been to Rainbow’s house before, so she had to ask directions from somepony. It took her about twenty minutes to find the place but was very unsure she found the right place. She knew from rumors that Rainbow Dash had a nice house, but what was sitting in front of her was a beautiful mansion. She hesitatingly went up to the door and knocked, but there was no answer. After a few moments of knocking and ringing the doorbell, a sleepy looking Rainbow Dash answered the door.

“Who is it?” Rainbow asked, eyes half closed and heavily leaning against the inside of the doorframe.

“It’s me, Scootaloo! I wanted to get some last minute practice with you before my flight test in a few days, since you have today off.”

Rainbow Dash perked up at the sound of Scootaloo’s voice, “Oh hey! I almost forgot you wanted some practice sometime, yeah just, uh, let me get ready a bit. You can come in and wait.”

Scootaloo followed Dash into the building and waited near the door as Rainbow Dash flew up to her room. The large room Scootaloo was in had two floors and reminded her of a more “pegasusy” version of Princess Celestia’s castle, but significantly smaller. Rainbow Dash came back down when she was finished grooming herself and looked much better than she did when she answered the door.

“You ready for practicing? I’ll make you do the same things they have you do in the test, so you should be perfectly prepared, but it might have changed a bit since I took it… But anyways, ya’ ready?”
Scootaloo replied, “Of course I am! But how did you get the money for a place like this? I knew it was a nice place, but, this is like, the nicest place in all of Cloudsdale!”

Rainbow Dash got an idea, “Haha, how about I tell you, if you pass my test. I’ll make it harder than the normal test, and it will only be passable by my best, and I mean my best and most awesome pupil ever!”

“Challenge accepted! But how many pupils have you had before?” Scootaloo asked.

“That’s a mystery my dear Scootaloo, now let’s hurry and go!”

The test Rainbow Dash constructed was tougher than any flying maneuvers Scootaloo had done before, but somehow, Scootaloo had passed, but barely. A portion of it was emptying and clearing rainclouds in a specific amount of time, chasing and catching Derpy Hooves in a little race, facing Fluttershy in an epic game of chess (the pieces were animals that had to be lifted by Scootaloo to place on the squares laid out in a field and some of them didn’t comply or agree with Scootaloo’s moves), and lastly traversing an obstacle course while blindfolded. Scootaloo did very well in all tasks except the obstacle course, where she kept running into things due to her seemingly unnatural lack of a sense of direction. She passed because it took her only less than fifteen seconds to catch Derpy, who dropped the piece of paper laying out the general route Rainbow Dash wanted her to fly, and ended up flying in a large circle over the area she dropped it trying to find it before being caught by Scootaloo. That task was meant to take at least five minutes so Scootaloo was given bonus points for it.

“Well, looks like I have to tell you how I got my house… Well, it was my parents' house at one time, but when they passed away, they left me this house. I don’t really want to get into the details about it though… It’s a… Touchy subject…” Rainbow Dash said as they returned to the house.

“Oh… I understand… You don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to. I was just curious how you got something so awesome.” Scootaloo replied.

“Well, I could tell you a little about it… I mean, you are almost like a sister to me… Really…” Scootaloo could tell that there was a lot of things deep in Rainbow Dash’s conscious at her statement. Scootaloo always had felt like Rainbow Dash was like an older sister to her, but hearing it come out of Rainbow’s own words warmed Scootaloo’s heart. The two shared a bonding moment as Rainbow Dash explained to Scootaloo about a freak accident that had killed her parents and elder brother of her best friend, Fluttershy. Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash visited the three graves together as they shared silence and a few tears.

“You know Scootaloo, you’re the only pupil I’ve had… The only one I ever decided to train for flying. I know that you will pass that test with flying colors, heck, I even knew that you would even before I woke up this morning… I know you can do this.” Rainbow Dash said, as she and Scootaloo were lying together outside in the little garden behind her house.

“Thank you Rainbow Dash, and I won’t fail that test, I can’t fail you. You’re the closest thing to a sister I’ve ever had, you’re my idol… I was you for Nightmare Night twice when I was younger… Too bad I won’t get to hang out again until after my test though…” Scootaloo said.

“Hey, how about I get Pinkie Pie to set up a party for you the day after? That would be great wouldn’t it?” Dash offered.

Scootaloo suddenly remembered why she came to Cloudsdale in the first place. “Oh yeah that would! But I have a question; can I borrow one of your feathers for good luck?”

Rainbow Dash was slightly puzzled at the request at first but then shrugged it off and smiled, “Haha, sure, anything for my little sis’.”

Scootaloo’s eyes filled up with tears of happiness, “Oh, you called me sister! Oh thank you! I promise I won’t fail you!” The two hugged for a while then went back inside Rainbow’s house. Rainbow told Scootaloo to wait because there was something she needed Scootaloo to do for her and went to get something. When she came back, she was holding a jar with a pieced together model wing with four yellow Pegasus feathers on it.

“I need you to take this to Fluttershy… Unfortunately, she never got to see her brother after his death, and when I was little, I tried to find as many feathers I could find of his… I was afraid Fluttershy would think I was insane or something if I tried to give this to her, so I kept putting it off, but I think she needs to see at least this… I hope she doesn’t get mad at me or anything…” Rainbow Dash said.

Scootaloo took the jar and separate feather rainbow dash gave her and went back to Ponyville. It was getting late so she had to hustle if she wanted to make it to Fluttershy’s and back before dark. She made it quickly to Fluttershy’s Cottage and knocked on the door. When Fluttershy answered Scootaloo explained to Fluttershy what happened today at Rainbow Dash’s and gave the jar to Fluttershy, who was crying heavily at the first mention of her brother. After a long time of trying to calm Fluttershy down to a manageable point of quiet sobs, Scootaloo explained about needing a feather of a Pegasus who has passed away and according to Zecora, the fate of Equestria could possibly be in danger if they don’t get one. After more crying, Fluttershy agreed to give Zecora a feather, but would do it herself the next day. After staying with Fluttershy until she cried herself to sleep, Scootaloo finally went to go home until tomorrow, where she would need to be ready to help Zecora.