• Published 26th Oct 2012
  • 897 Views, 5 Comments

A Royal Insanity: Act II - The Six Trials of Friendship Disaster - Fluttersnake31



The Cutie Mark Crusaders create a pony to reunite the Mane 6 from their lost friendship.

  • ...
 5
 897

Chapter 2 - Where The Buck Are You Going?

Chapter 2 – Where The Buck Are You Going?


Orange…. No…… Grape? No, not grape….. What in tarnation is it? Oh, right, apple! Now, uhh what was the other half? James? Jill? Jurgen? Uhh! Think, pony, think! What’s the rest of mah’ name!? ‘Ah don’ even know where ‘ah am… An orange pony with a blonde mane thought while she laid on her bed.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaappplllllleeeeejaaaaaaack, waaaaake uuuuuuuuuup!” It sounded like a fillies’ voice. Of course! It’s Applejack! And who’s callin’ mah’ name? “I’m comin’!” Applejack yelled back. She went downstairs into the dining room to see the ponies she assumed was her family, she doesn’t really know for sure. She sat down silently at the table and ate the breakfast that sat in front of her. She’s been awake for only a few minutes but she knows that she lost her memory somehow. Her head hurt pretty bad, but she’ll recover. After eating she agreed to go outside and wander around the farm to see if she remembers anything. It was Apple Bloom’s idea, and it didn’t help anything at all anyways. According to these ponies, Apple Bloom and Big Mac were her siblings and Granny Smith was, well her grandmother. Applejack had a gut feeling they were telling the truth and believed them. About halfway through a long, boring day consisting of Applejack either roaming around the farm or napping, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy stopped to visit. Pinkie explained to Applejack about her temporary departure and gave her a CD containing various Pinkie songs to help jog her memory a bit. Fluttershy tried giving her a head massage to help with the pain. They all had dinner together which turned out to be really awkward for Pinkie and Fluttershy, as nopony had much of anything to talk about. After some silence, Fluttershy just rambled on about animal types to Apple Bloom until they needed to leave.

After they left, Applejack went back to her room to rest some more. No memories came back to her. Not a single one. Applejack was disappointed. At this rate it would take forever for her to remember anything. She popped in Pinkie’s CD in an old CD player to try to bring back something, anything. Giggle at the Ghostie didn’t do anything. She went through six tracks and no hint of memory came to her. But then the seventh track came up and something clicked in her mind. The piano intro reminded her of a tree that was dear to her for some reason or another. When the lyrics began, she remembered pieces of buffalo and ponies arguing over something. After You’ve Gotta Share ended, Applejack turned off the CD player and was going to go find out what the issue was with that argument, and what it had to do with her tree.

She walked out of her room and left the house after telling Granny Smith she had to go do something and will be back with hopefully, more memories.

“Where ya goin’ sis?” Apple Bloom asked as Applejack was about to leave the farm.

“I had a memory an’ I gotta go figure it out, an’ ah’m goin’ alone, so don’t follow me ya’hear?”

Apple Bloom protested, “But, but, Applejack, ya’ jus’ got back from a trip not too long ago, an’ now yer’ leavin’ again?”

“I haveta’ get mah’ memories back somehow! Now get back t’ work before Big Mac calls for ya’!” And with that Apple Bloom gave up arguing. Applejack left and Apple Bloom was now getting back to work.

Later that day, when Apple Bloom’s work was done, she called forth a meeting at the CMC’s clubhouse. It was decided that the three fillies would go after Applejack to help get her memories back. Because they couldn’t afford a train ticket, however, they had to ride in their little wagon being pulled by Scootaloo.

“Where are we? This looks a lot like the Forest…. Do you know where Appleloosa is Scootaloo?” Sweetie Belle asked. They have been going at a good pace and it’s been an hour and a half since they left Ponyville. They’ve been in a forest ever since they were fifteen minutes outside of Ponyville.

“I know exactly where we are! I think… Didn’t you guys say you would bring a map?” Scootaloo replied, stopping the wagon.

“I believe ya’ told us not to cause’ ya’ already knew how to get there.” Apple Bloom said.

“Oh…. Yeah… Well, did I tell you I’m not that great at telling direction?” Scootaloo replied, knowing she should’ve thought ahead better.

“Well at least we know who ain’t getting’ a compass for a cutie mark!” Apple Bloom exclaimed.

Sweetie Belle checked her bag just in case she had one but there wasn’t one, however she noticed the snacks they brought were almost gone. “Where did all the snacks go? I packed enough for a whole day and there are barely any left!”

Scootaloo continued pulling them forward and replied, “Well, I’ve been up here so it wasn’t me.”

Apple Bloom considered blaming Scootaloo but now realizing she was pulling them the entire time, her lie wouldn’t have worked, and seeing as the last time she lied didn’t work out when she got the cutie pox, she just decided to be honest. “Oops… Sorry Sweetie Belle, I thought you packed three of those boxes…”

Sighing, Sweetie Belle just replied, annoyed. “It’s ok I guess… and we might as well turn around anyways. It’s getting dark soon and we can always look for her tomorrow.”

Scootaloo stopped the wagon again, “Yeah, but we have two problems… One, we have school and play practice tomorrow… And…. I don’t know where we are or how to get back….”

At this the other two fillies got angry. They all started to argue for a while until it was getting dark and they stopped to look for firewood. After setting up a fire they calmed down and forgot about arguing.

“Well, what are we gonna’ do now? I mean, what if we’re in the Everfree Forest? Somepony’s gotta’ keep watch.” Apple Bloom considered.

“I’ll keep guard first! I know how to save ponies from danger ‘cause Rainbow Dash taught me.” Scootaloo offered.
Nopony disagreed.

After about twenty long minutes of guarding the other fillies while they slept, Scootaloo saw something interesting in the distance. It was a light that seemed to fade in and out, no, it was multiple little lights. The little lights had a red hue to them and faded in and out but were seemingly getting closer. Whenever Scootaloo was about to try to wake up one of the others, the lights would fade for a few minutes, and would come back when she stopped thinking about waking them. Scootaloo grabbed a large stick she found earlier just in case. The lights looked like they might be eyes of some sort. Scootaloo knew that they wouldn’t be friendly if they got up close. She quietly woke up Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom and explained the situation.

“Scootaloo, Ah’ don’ see any eyes out there… I think you’re just bein’ a scaredy-pony.” Apple Bloom said sleepily.

“Just wait and look Apple Bloom! They would shut their eyes whenever I tried to wake you earlier, they’ll open them soon, but we gotta get outta here!” Scootaloo whispered fiercely.

Still in disbelief, Apple Bloom decided to play along anyways watching out in the direction Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were looking. Sweetie Belle was too tired to really agree with Scootaloo or not, but looked on anyways. Nothing happened for a few minutes. It was a longer wait than usual…

“Ummm… Maybe they went away? It didn’t take them this long to reopen their eyes the other times…” Scootaloo was really scared now.

“Umm, I think you’re tired Scootaloo, why don’t you get some sleep and I’ll watch for a while?” Sweetie Belle offered. Apple Bloom just went back to sleep.

Scootaloo agreed to sleep a bit. Maybe she was just seeing things because she was tired? She laid down where Sweetie Belle had been sleeping and passed out. Sweetie Belle was struggling to stay awake and it was only a few minutes since Scootaloo fell asleep. As Sweetie Belle was just about to fall asleep again, she saw the lights. She jumped awake now and fear struck through her. She could just barely make out the shape of a black skeleton of a pony with red eyes being followed by dozens of other ones.

“SCOOTALOO WAS RIGHT WE GOTTA’ RUN!!!!!!” She screamed out as loud as she could. The other fillies got up immediately and the three started to gallop the opposite way the skeletons were coming. Apple Bloom believed this time. As they galloped, they noticed that the skeleton ponies were not only coming from one direction. They were almost surrounded, having to turn another direction, dodging scarce ones until they would see another wall of them. They ran north and were turned east. They were turned back south, then west then back north, and the circle was getting smaller until it came to a point they were only fifty yards from any side of the poorly shaped circle surrounding them. They were losing hope fast. They were so distracted by the skeletons that they didn’t notice a single bright light moving quickly towards the center of the circle. The skeletons were right on top of the fillies now. Scootaloo was swinging her large stick around frantically while Apple Bloom tried to buck all the nearing skeletons, with Sweetie Belle hiding in between the two fighting fillies. They were now running out of energy to fight but right when the three were sure they would lose, all they could see was a bright light in front of them. The skeletons had just disappeared. The fillies all fainted at the same time, not knowing what was going on.