• Published 21st Aug 2022
  • 492 Views, 3 Comments

Blink of an Eye. - iki



The whole of Equestria is shaking under the power of the army of an unknown warlord, and thanks to his superiority, he has already penetrated the territory of every nation that is defending itself with the last of its strength.

  • ...
9
 3
 492

Beginning.

I wake up in shock.
It's dark again................ I exhale in disgust, I'm tired of waking up in the dark in fear of not being able to see even though I'm waving my hand right in front of my face and I don't even know where I am.
I want to get up but I can't, I found out that something heavy is lying on my thighs, after feeling it I find out that it is something soft and hairy.

Just focus for a moment and the room is lit up in the colors of the rainbow.
I stop noticing the signs of destruction around when I see Starlight lying on top of me.
When I see the amount of blood that is dried in her fur, I immediately roll her into my lap and slap her face with bloody cuts, but she doesn't wake up, so I put her muzzle to my ear, but I can't even feel her breath.
Quickly bend my head to her chest while her head tilts back
and I wait for a heartbeat......................... Ba.Dam.................................... Ba.Dam..........
I close my eyes in relief and listen to the pony's life beating.

I feel pressure on my shoulders and hear a voice booming.

"I didn't know you liked me so much" Starlight says with her hooves on my shoulders.

"I just...." As soon as I heard her I started to get up, but the hooves pulled me back into the soft fur with the force of a fly and then she hugged me.

"I'm glad you're okay," She rumbles softly from her chest.

"What happened? I ask confused, but in a moment everything starts to come to mind.

Starlight doesn't say anything as she still holds me in her arms with her head resting on my hair.

"I have to tell you something"

"Don't you want to deal with all the blood coming out of you first? I asked with concern.

"I have to tell you something, I've been thinking about it for a long time and recent events have helped me to make up my mind" She says while ignoring my concerns about her health.

“I would like to............TWILIGHT!! Starlight cried out in sudden realization.


I walk through the colorful corridors while carrying Violet in my arms, who after protesting that she won't let herself be carried like a foal, was unable to take even two steps because she is weak and injured, I simply picked her up like a baby without asking questions and waited until she stop getting upset.
She guides me through the ruins of corridors with debris and corpses everywhere, which are literally everywhere, I feel terrible when I see what I have done again, the only thing...

"Don't worry about it" Starlight says with a hoof on my face.

"I..." The hoof pushes harder until I can't speak.

"It's not your fault, let it be" She says and lowers her hoof.

After walking through the ruins for a while, we come to a lying Twilight, who looks dead, but her stomach rises with every breath.
I kneel down next to her and with the help of the green glow put the princess on my shoulder, complaining a little about her weight.

"Are you going to carry us both? Aren't I heavy too? She asks nervously.

"You're both like a feather" I say and struggle to my feet.

After my short laugh and a few hoof blows, I continue behind the rainbow glow with a distinct green, towards the exit of this floor.

After several tens of minutes of walking through the colorful environment, I sit down and put the ponies next to each other with sweat on my forehead.

"Are you sure we're going the right way? I lie down with my eyes closed.

"I told you it had to be here somewhere, we just have to find it" Starlight says while looking around and beaming at our surroundings.

"But you've been saying that for about a quarter of an hour, I don't know how long I can carry you" I lie exhausted while sweat is pouring from me.

"I know, but that's the way it is, I feel we're close to the stairs but I can't see them anywhere, we just have to keep going" She tries to encourage me.

"Then tell me what to look for and I'll go see for myself" I suggest.

"It can't be described, it's a feeling that drives me"

"Couldn't it be that after you hit yourself in the head, that feeling is leading you the wrong way?

"What do you mean? That we're lost and I don't want to admit it? Starlight gets mad.

"I'm not saying anything like that, it just seems to me that we've been wandering for a long time," I sat down against Starlight.

"I never get lost, I always know where I'm going and here I know it by heart" She snorts offended.

“Now what do we do? I say quietly, but not enough.

"Maybe if you didn't destroy all the walls here, it would be easier to find a way out" She shouts angrily.

"Sure, thanks for being honest" I get to my feet and walk over to her.

"I.....hmm..sorry, I didn't mean it like that" Starlight is startled as I start to approach her.

"Fine" I lift Starlight into my arms while she doesn't understand what I'm doing.

"Don't worry" I laugh as I watch her look around nervously waiting to see what will happen.

“And what..........? she stops as she watches my hand go towards the high ceiling.

"Isn't it possible that I broke the stairs? How about you shine a light on the ceiling if they're somewhere? I say triumphantly.

Starlight smiles and begins to scan the ceiling with a weak beam of light when suddenly we see them.
A short distance from us are really damaged stairs just below the ceiling.
We both cheer enthusiastically before the question arises of how to get there as the ceiling here is about five meters high.

After evaluating the possibilities, we sit down again disappointed.
It's bad, Starlight can't walk, Twilight still hasn't woken up, plus you both need to be treated quickly, how do we get out of here when I'm exhausted and out of options?

After a few useless and a few dangerous ideas, Violet stops and looks at me.

“You told me once that you were able to create anything you wanted from the environment around you, how about stairs? She looks at me excitedly.

"There are two hooks, I'm exhausted and this would take a lot of my strength and.......the other problem......" I close my eyes and concentrate.

“Is something wrong? She asks.

"No, sorry, I was just thinking, I thought of something"

"What's the other problem?

"There shouldn't be any more" I say as I approach the helpless Starlight.



BANG....SNAP....BOOM....
The heavy iron double doors slam open with such force that they shatter the pavement behind them.

I walk out of the darkness through a door into a dimly lit room full of guards pointing spear points at me.
without stopping I walk towards the guards who are ready to stab me, but as soon as I get close they duck and the ponies watch me leave the Catacombs entrance hall with furious expressions.

I head straight for the Crystal Castle, ignoring the frightened looks and screams of the citizens of Ponyville standing or fleeing in terror.
As soon as I enter the castle, I walk into the great bedroom, ignoring the aggressive, pushy guards, and put the two ponies off my shoulders and onto the large double bed, where they both lie unconscious.
First I sit next to Twilight and look at her injuries, I see that some are still open and bleeding I close them as well as the three deep wounds on her thigh.
As soon as I finish, I cover her and go around the bed to the other patient, who is in a much worse condition and after studying her body, I don't understand how it is possible that she is alive and on top of that she was talking to me normally.
After closing countless wounds that are too big to close on their own, I wipe the sweat from my forehead and continue for a few more minutes, wrapping her smaller wounds with a bandage I got from the angry guards,
behind which I slam the door as soon as he leaves the room.
guiltily I run my hand over her face where the blood is dripping from the long wound across her face where it crosses the other two and continues down her neck under her mane to her back.
When I'm done, I cover Starlight, feeling tired, and sit on the floor and lean against the bed.

I'm about to close my eyes when I'm woken up by a knock on the door, I quickly stand up and ready for the worst I wait to see what happens.
When the banging turns into a literal crackling, the door flies open and several demon-like ponies in black flames fly into the room, I'm not going to risk anything and so I walk in front of the bed, where even the little demons are headed.
In a defensive stance with my left flank towards them, I wait for a reason to attack which I didn't have to wait long for.
The middle pony runs towards me and jumps a few meters in front of me with hooves pointing at me, I don't have to think what to do, my muscles react instinctively in a movement that is as natural to me as walking itself.
With the movement of my left palm, I deflect the attack to the left, then step to the right, turn to the enemy, and with the movement of my shoulders, my right arm also starts to move, which, thanks to the movement of my whole body, destroys anything in front of me, with a sharp undulation of a luminous rainbow, my right flies against the ever-floating the beast I had deflected aside barely a second ago, but all I manage to do is take a step back.
A winged demon flies between me and the attacker with a hoof aimed at my face, as the impact absorbs my right forearm and deflects the attack in the direction of his flight, I instinctively duck and a third black flame flies over my head.
AAA!..I turn around for the sound that leads from Starlight, which has been bitten by the last demon, which is biting her like a hungry dog ​​with blood gushing around its mouth and flesh twitching, while Violet is still unconscious and apparently screaming in her sleep.
Time passes unbelievably slowly, I feel the pulse in my ears, I feel the very drop of sweat running down my neck, I see the dark wings of the demon waving as if they were being carried away by water, while gentle flames fly away from the pony in a jump overhead and disappear in space.
I feel my senses sharpen, my mind is ready for battle......I grab the back hoof of the pony that still hasn't finished jumping over my head and throw it with half a turn like a frisbee at a biting flame as my stiff and cold abs groan , as my feet are still firmly in place.
I don't wait for it to land and turn back to face the winged demon who has stopped by the head of the bed in the meantime and is rebounding for another attack that currently has the advantage as I am unable to react quickly enough to parry it.
I get the first rather painful blow on the left shoulder, but thanks to this, my torso returns to face the winged one faster, and with a high leverage I hit him with my right forearm like a baseball bat on the back between the wings and the head, which hits the ground like a boulder with a furious scream.
With a quick look at the biting demon that is knocked down by my thrown demon, I notice out of the right corner of my eye that there is one more attacker left in front of me and it is flying in a jump again
against me with raised hooves.
In flight, I grab him by the throat with a hard impact and hold him firmly in my outstretched right hand as the rainbow whips and my heated body craves blood, the stern look of a mad killer on my face.
The hooves shuffle in front of my face and try to hit me when in the………

"STOOOP! I hear a scream from all sides, I watch my surroundings motionless ready for another attack.

Whatever is going on here you must stop immediately, this is not right! The voice from the space keeps coming out as if every object in the room is saying it, while the demon in my hand is foaming at the mouth.

What's going on?! How is this possible?!” The mysterious voice says again.

“Who are you and what do you want? I yell as I release the weight of my right hand and look at the two demons next to Starlight who stand ready to attack.

"Stop what you're doing immediately human, nothing is as you think! As a majestic dark pony steps into the room from the mist.

"You still haven't answered me" I face her, still wary of a possible attack.

"We are the Lords of the Night! And YOU!...learn to know your place when we speak to you!" She says loudly, walking towards me.

"It doesn't matter what title you hold, or how superior you think you are, there is NO ONE I wouldn't bring to my knees" In the euphoria of battle and unwilling to listen to the words of an arrogant stranger, I rush out to the dark pony.

With the impact of my left foot on the ground and with a long thrust with the help of my whole body, I throw my right fist like a shot from a rifle against the right upright dark shield, against which my hand stops with such force that it creates a small shock.

"Do you understand your place yet human?!" She says haughtily.

"Then I'm going to start taking you seriously" I smile, my body shaking with adrenaline and the desire to fight again.

As the Night Lord stands motionless with her shield raised around her, I send one crushing blow after another harder and harder, taking it as a challenge, I've never met anything so durable.

"I warned you, now you will pay for your insolence" She says grumpily, only to be drowned out by my loud laughter.

Every blow, every strike to the shield as I zigzag and dodge between the magical tentacles that try to grab me is
like a dose of Endorphin straight into the vein, faster..stronger..FASTER..STRONGER!!!!!!!
The force of the last blow lifted the books and other things around the room almost to the ceiling, I jump back in front of the tentacle that tried to grab me and with clenched teeth in an outstretched fist for the next blow one tentacle grabs me from behind by the waist and another by the outstretched right hand, I don't even make it move and every limb is wrapped.

"That would be enough! It's time for you to understand that there is a difference in our power and finally.........." The dark pony's speech is interrupted by my roar, which fills the entire room.

I strain my muscles to the limit with a constant hoarse roar as the dark pony begins to laugh, but her smile doesn't last long, with the intensity of the rainbow glow increasing, I feel the power pouring into me, filling every part of my body, every muscle filling as a hungry mosquito squeezes itself almost to bursting.
I grab a tentacle with my right hand and tear it off with a sharp jerk, in a second other tentacles follow that hold the rest of my body and I fly irresistibly, intoxicated by the power, through the tentacles standing in the way to the shield which again stops my blow, which creates a pressure wave..... ... .......CRACK..CRACK...the shield shatters and the rainbow enters the vicinity of the dark pony who stares confused and insulted, not knowing what's going on.
One step and I'm standing face to face with tall pony who is looking straight into my eyes while I take a deep breath with a smile on my face.

“Your titles mean nothing! I say as I look into confused green eyes.

"I see hope for a bright tomorrow with you on the battlefield by our side" She stands again proudly and poised.

"I won't be recruited, I'm already committed to Equestria"

"But your actions speak otherwise, we have watched your last actions, destruction and death follow you in our homes"

"I...I didn't want any of this" Knocked off balance.

Like right now? She points her hoof for me where the demons are.

"What do you mean? They're enemies" I say without turning around.

"You have many internal struggles that make you a dangerous creature, if you don't come to terms with who you are, we don't want you living among ponies"

"What do you mean? I have no idea what you're talking about"

"We've never seen what you're experiencing right now, you're dreaming and awake at the same time, how is that even possible?

"A dream? this can't be...." the Lord of the Night interrupts me.

"This is a dream after all and what you have caused is serious, look for us when you can and we will try to help you." She says as she floats in white light and disappears.

This can't be a dream!..........I didn't go to sleep!..........with the last glimmer of light, the world of the previous reality began to shatter and all that was left was the cruel truth .

“It was a dream...” I blurt out at the sight of colored ponies rolling on the ground.