• Published 15th Aug 2022
  • 926 Views, 15 Comments

EG Mermaids: Just add Magic - Ctmaley



During Summer vacation the rainbooms get turned into mermaids!

  • ...
1
 15
 926

Chapter 5

The next morning Skystar woke up with a spring in her step.”Morning.” she said.

“Sleep well?” asked Silverstream.

“Yes I did.” answered Skystar.

“What else happened between you?” asked Fluttershy.

“We went through a few of the shops, that’s when he got me the hairband, we walked on the beach, held hands a little and we had a small insignificant quick kiss.” answered Skystar.

“WHAT! You kissed a guy you only know for a day?” said Silverstream.

“During the fireworks show, there was a moment and it just happened.” said Skystar.

“Soarin’s a good guy, they know him.” said Skystar.

Silverstream sighed. “What are you going to do, when we have to go back?” she asked.

Skystar’s happiness instantly became deflated as realization hit her, she sat on the couch next to Twilight & put her head in her hands.
“I completely forgot about that.” said Skystar.

“What are you going to tell him?” asked Silverstream.

“I don’t know.” said Skystar.

“Soarin, Flash and everyone at our school knows I’m from a different world.” said Sunset.

Skystar lifted her head up. “Really?” she said.

“Yeah, they know about magic & stuff.” answered Sunset.

“That makes it easier.” said Skystar.

“He’ll be okay with it.” said Pinkie.

“But I don’t think my mom will let me have a world distance relationship.” said Skystar.

“It’ll be alright.” said Twilight.

“What if…” said Skystar.

“If what?” asked Silverstream.

“If i just stayed here.” said Skystar.

“You’re the princess of Sequestria!” said Silverstream.

“But this place is wonderful, I don’t have to worry about the stress of being royalty, I can just relax and be myself without judgment.” said Skystar.

“Your mom won’t let that happen.” said Silverstream.

“I know.” said Skystar.

The girls went out for breakfast on the pier & on the other side were Flash, Thunderlane, Sandalwood & Soarin at another restaurant.
“Hey Soarin there’s Skystar.” said Flash.

“Excuse me boys.” said Soarin.

“So we’ve been replaced?” said Thunderlane jokingly.

“Shut up.” said Soarin, throwing a piece of cheese at Thunderlane.

Skystar was twirling her fork around in her food, while holding her head in her hand thinking about leaving this world.
“We need time to practice our mermaid powers.” said Pinkie.

“But when & where?” asked Twilight.

“Hmm…..good question.” answered Pinkie.

Pinkie put her hand on her pancake, zapped it which charred it. The lights in the restaurant also flickered from this.
“Pinkie.” said Twilight.

“Come’on, you know I’m right.” said Pinkie.

“She’s got a point.” said Sunset.

Rarity grabbed her glass and froze the water in it, Fluttershy made her water bubble & Sunset put a finger on the ice in Rarity’s glass and turned it back to water.

Soarin got to their table, touched Skystar’s shoulder. “Hi.” he said.

Skystar jumped a little. “What? Oh hi.” she said.

“Ladies can I borrow her?” asked Soarin.

“Go ahead.” said Sunset.

Soarin & Skystar walked to the end of the pier and found a spot where they could be alone.
“Glad you found me, because I was wanting to tell you-” started Skystar.

“That you’re from the same world as Sunset.” said Soarin.

“How did you?” asked Skystar.

“After I returned to the beach house where myself & the boys are staying, I thought about you saying your's & Sunset’s mothers are friends. Since I know Sunset’s from another world I realized the only way your mothers can be friends is if you're from the same world.” answered Soarin.

“Oh, good detection.” said Skystar.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” said Soarin.

“My mom’s the Queen of this place called Seaquestria, which obviously makes me a princess and there’ve been a number of Seaquestrians who’ve tried to be with me because I'm royalty. It was just nice getting to meet someone and have my first date with someone who didn’t know that.” answered Skystar.

“Wow.” said Soarin, taken back.

“You okay?” asked Skystar.

“Yeah it’s surprising that I went on a date with a princess.” chuckled Soarin.

“I got some sad news.” said Skystar.

“Which is?” asked Soarin.

“I’m going to have to return home.” answered Skystar.

“But you could still come back right?” asked Soarin.

“I don’t know, since I'm my mother’s only kid, there’s a strong chance she won’t let me.” answered Skystar.

“That sucks.” said Soarin.

“It does.” Skystar put her arms & head on the railing. “I know this is only day 2 of us knowing each other, but I like you & I want to keep seeing you and the girls.” she said.

Soarin rubbed her back. “We still got time until you have to leave.” he said.

“Yeah.” said Skystar.

“What’s Seaquestria?” asked Soarin.

“Um… do you want to go for a swim?” asked Skystar.

“Okay.” said Soarin, confused.
They went back to the RV, so Skystar could change into a bikini & Soarin grabbed his swim trunks from his car.

After they got changed they headed to the water. “This is an answer to your last question.” said Skystar.

They walked into the water and when it got deep enough, her legs became her tail.

“You’re a mermaid?” asked Soarin.

“Yes, Seaquestrians are sea creatures from the underwater city of Seaquestria. Our tails turn into legs when we go on land and in this world I’m a mermaid.” answered Skystar.

“Can we dive?” asked Soarin.

Skystar smiled, they two dived down to 60 meters before coming back up because he needed air. The dolphins from the other day were excited to see one of their mermaid friends and played with the two.

Back on the pier Flash, Thunderlane & Sandalwood had finished their breakfast and where looking all over for Soarin.
“Hey Boys.” said Rarity when the girls spotted them.

“Have you seen Soarin & Skystar anywhere?” asked Flash.

“They walked towards the front of the pier.” answered Sunset, leading the group to the front.

They obviously didn’t find them at the front of the pier, but Sunset looked down at the water and barely saw Skystar’s tailfins.
“Where are they?” Thunderlane wondered.

“Um I think they’re swimming.” answered Sunset.

“What?” said Twilight.

“Something wrong?” asked Flash.

“No nothing.” answered Fluttershy.

“Let’s go and join them.” said Sandalwood.

“Wait.” said Rainbow.

“What?” asked Flash.

“You boys are in for a surprise.” said Sunset.

When they all got changed into their swimwear, they walked into the ocean and the girls' tails were revealed, shocking all the boys.

“What the heck?” said Flash.

“Told you.” said Sunset.

“When did this happen?” asked Flash.

“Tell you when we get to them.” answered Sunset.

Skystar & Soarin were holding hands while swimming, they stopped when the others found them and like the other guys, Soarin was shocked to see the other mermaids.

They all went to the surface. “What’s going on?” asked Soarin.

“A couple of days ago Fluttershy found a shard of a magical pearl from mine, Skystar & Silverstream’s world that turned us into mermaids like Skystar & Silverstream.” answered Pinkie.

“Whoa, your girlfriend’s a mermaid.” said Sandalwood.

“Mermaid Princess to be exact.” blushed Skystar.

“Well, hello your highness, wait do we have to do the bow thing?” said Sandalwood.

Skystar laughed. “No.” she said.

“Good because I was confused on how to do that in the ocean.” said Sandalwood.

“The seven of us also have mermaid powers.” said Pinkie.

“You do?” asked Thunderlane.

“Yup.” said Pinkie & the rainbooms each showed off their mermaid powers.

“Those aren’t exactly mermaid powers.” said Silverstream.

“They’re not?” asked Soarin.

“No, are geodes added them when they reacted to that pearl shard.” answered Applejack.

“Where is this pearl shard?” asked Thunderlane.

“Back home with my mom.” answered Skystar.

“We were worried that if others found out about the pearl shard, people would want tails of their own.” said Twilight.

“Smart choice.” said Flash.

“Can we get back to swimming now?” asked Rainbow, making eyes roll.

In Sequestria there is a vault that has a trident inside, the trident is light blue with small golden jewels in each of its three spears & a large golden jewel in the middle of the middle spear and top of the staff. A purple seamare with green eyes, purple tail, yellow mane & yellow back & tail fins had knocked out the guards to the vault; she had a black ring with a green jewel on her arm fin.

She pointed the ring at the vault, the green jewel let out a green ball of energy which opened the vault and set off an alarm. The seamare grabbed the trident and swam away as fast as she could, more guards were quickly on the scene and using silver spears with blue jewels, they made strong currents appear and surrounded the purple seamare.

The purple seamare lit up the trident and made a sea current of her own and it clashed which made a violent big ocean current. It made the seamare drop the trident and the current took the trident into the underwater cave and into its portal.

“NO!” yelled the purple seamare. she swam after the trident, but had difficulty with the current.

In the human world ocean the geodes of the rainbooms lit up making them stop swimming. They all went to investigate, Skystar saw the faint gold light coming from the trident and was very surprised to see it.

Skystar grabbed the trident and the group found a secluded spot for them to talk, they sat on the rockbed getting hit by waves.
“Is it okay to leave your tails out in the open?” Sandalwood asked the girls.

“It looks safe.” answered Sunset.

“What’s that trident?” asked Flash.

“It’s from my home, it was used by this Seamare named Calypso. She tried to take over Seaquestria once, but my mother was able to stop her. Her trident was supposed to be locked in a vault.” answered Skystar.

“How did it get here?” asked Thunderlane.

“There’s a underwater cave that has a portal which connects to our world.” answered Silverstream.

“That sounds dangerous.” said Flash.

“The cave is 150 meters down in the Ocean.” said Sunset.

“So it’s difficult for people to find it.” said Fluttershy.

The purple seamare had found the underwater cave, the portal opened up, making her back away. She could see Guards in the distance, so she swam into the portal. The seamare was surprised when she gained a human/mermaid form. Her mane became long yellow hair, she had a yellow bikini top on her chest, but she was a little relieved that her tail remained the same.

She swam, noticing the human ocean wasn’t that much different from her own. After 30 minutes she went to the surface.

“Where is the stupid trident.” she angrily yelled at her ring.

A small black dot then appeared on the top of the jewel, it blinked and pointed her in that direction.

The purple mermaid found the others. “Those things have tails too? Are they like me?” she said to herself.

“We should get back to figure this out.” said Sunset.

The rainboom group started moving towards the ocean, the purple mermaid lit her ring and made herself invisible. She followed the group back to the beach, after checking that the coast was clear, the rainboom mermaids turned their tails back into legs and the group walked to Rarity’s RV.

The purple mermaid made her legs appear, she had a yellow bikini bottom appear with her human legs. She was still invisible, as she tried to walk, she stumbled and fell to the ground, and a couple of kids tripped over her.
“What happened?” said one kid.

“I thought I tripped over something.” said the second kid.

The purple mermaid used her ring to make air blow them down as they ran back. The purple mermaid stood next to the door of the RV, listening to the conversation.
“I’ve messaged Princess Twilight about the Trident.” said Sunset

“What do we do with it?” asked Soarin.

“Keep it in here, it’s too dangerous in the wrong hands.” said Skystar.

“Soon to be in my hands.” said the purple mermaid to herself.

“What exactly can the trident do, Skystar?” asked Twilight.

“Princess Skystar!” said the purple mermaid to herself.

“The Trident can control water, shoot lighting, duplicate the user, make the user invisible, make an energy shield around the user and fire energy beams from its spears.” answered Skystar.

Sunset’s journal vibrated. “Princess Twilight wrote back saying Queen Novo’s guards said there was a purple seamare that opened the vault to the trident and tried to escape with it. But the seamare dropped the trident when she made a current and it ended up in your world. The guards couldn’t find the seamare, so Queen Novo & myself are urging you to keep an eye out for the seamare if she finds the cave portal.” said Sunset.

“So we have a dangerous seaquestrian on our hands?” asked Applejack.

“Looks like it.” Rarity.

“So much for a fun vacation.” said Rainbow.