• Published 15th Aug 2022
  • 926 Views, 15 Comments

EG Mermaids: Just add Magic - Ctmaley



During Summer vacation the rainbooms get turned into mermaids!

  • ...
1
 15
 926

Chapter 4

Later that evening Skystar stood in front of a mirror. She was wearing a yellow sundress with a blue star pattern on it, Rarity was putting the final stitches on the bottom of it.

"You look cute!" said Silversteam.

"I'm extremely nervous." said Skystar.

"Really?" asked Pinkie.

"Yes, growing up a Princess meant everything I did was under a giant spotlight. Especially when it came to finding someone, a number of the Seaquestrians want to be with me because I'm royalty." answered Skystar.

"Oh." said Pinkie.

"This is the first date where the person doesn't know who I am and trying to make a good impression makes me nervous." said Skystar.

"Soarin's a little bit of a showboat, but he's a good guy." said Rainbow.

"You two were having a nice conversation earlier on the pier, just think about that." said Sunset.

Rarity stood up, giving her a look over, she touched Skystar's shoulders.
"So you'll be fine." said Rarity.

"You think?" asked Skystar.

"Yes darling." answered Rarity.

“Just have fun & relax.” said Fluttershy, who was shapeshifting a bubble of water.

Applejack touched the water bubble & it lit up with gold light. “Shy’s right.” she said.

“Now go have fun!” said Pinkie, she accidentally released sparks from her hands and it zapped the water bubble, bursting it onto Fluttershy & Twilight.

“Pinkie!” said Twilight.

“Oops, Sorry.” said Pinkie.

There was a knock on the RV door, Sunset opened it and it was Soarin. He was wearing a white buttoned shirt, blue pants & black shoes.

“Hey Soarin.” said Sunset.

“Is Skystar ready?” asked Soarin.

“Just about.” answered Rarity.

“It’ll just be a minute or two.” said Sunset, closing the door.

“And lastly these.” said Rarity, handing Skystar a pair of light blue shoes.

Rarity opened the door in a dramatic fashion. “Soarin, here’s your lovely date this evening.” she said.

“Um… wow, you look--” said Soarin as he watched Skystar exit the RV.

“Enchanting?” asked Rarity.

“I was going to say beautiful, but that works.” answered Soarin.

Skystar bushed a little. “Thanks.” she said.

Soarin held out his hand and took her to his car.
“You kids have fun.” called Sunset, as Soarin & Skystar got in his car.

Soarin took Skystar to a seafood restaurant. They got an outside table because it was a very nice night.
“What will be having?” asked a waitress.

“I have the fish sandwich meal & a cherry soda.” answered Soarin.

“Miss?” said the waitress.

“What’s a plant burger?” asked Skystar.

“It’s a burger with kelp in it on a plant made bun.” answered the Waitress.

“I’ll take that.” said Skystar.

“Drink?” said the waitress.

“Oh yeah, um a strawberry soda.” said Skystar.

“Okay, um both meals have fries on the side. Would you both want your own side of fries or one big plate of fries?” asked the waitress.

“I don’t mind sharing, you?” asked Soarin.

“No, that’ll be fine.” answered Skystar.

“Alright, it’ll be out soon.” said the waitress and she left.

“I hope this place is okay.” said Soarin.

“No, it's perfectly fine, i’m not picky.” said Skystar.

“Great, because I was worried.” said Soarin.

“You don’t strike me as worried, I figured with what Dash told me, worried wasn’t you.” said Skystar.

“What did Dash say?” asked Soarin.

“That you were confident, a nice guy and bit of a showboat.” answered Skystar.

“That’s only when I do sports and around my friends, this kinda makes me nervous.” said Soarin.

“Well I’m really nervous too.” said Skystar.

“Here’s your drinks.” said the waitress, setting them on the table.

“Thanks.” said Skystar.

“Food will be about 20 minutes.” said the Waitress.

“Thank you.” said Soarin and the waitress left.

“What sports do you play?” asked Skystar.

“I’m on the soccer team with Dash and I also play baseball.” said Soarin.

“Cool.” said Skystar.

“What about you?” asked Soarin.

“I don’t play anything.” answered Skystar.

“How do you know Sunset & the others?” asked Soarin.

“Myself & Silverstream have known Sunset for a little bit. Mine & Sunset’s moms are friends and that’s how we met.” answered Skystar.

“Where do you go to school?” asked Soarin.

“Home schooled.” answered Skystar.

“What grade?” asked Soarin.

“Final year.” answered Skystar.

“Home come you’re not in public school?” asked Soarin.

“My mom wanted me to focus on school, because I go off and wonder about. So she hired the best teachers for me.” answered Skystar.

“So your mom’s kinda controlling?” asked Soarin.

“Oh yeah, she wants me to take over for her when she steps down. That’s another reason for homeschooling.” answered Skystar.

“She’s a hard woman to please then.” said Soarin.

“Yeah, that’s one of the reasons why I was very nervous to be here.” said Skystar.

“Mom’s gotta approve of the boyfriend.” Soarin chuckled.

Skystar put her hair in her face. “This is also my first date.” she said.

“Oh!.” said Soarin, he moved her hair away. “It’s the same for me.” he added.

“That makes me feel better.” said Skystar.

Dinner went well, afterwards they went through the shops next to the beach and then went for a walk on the beach, other People had gathered for a fireworks show on the beach.
“Tonight was great.” said Skystar.

“I’m glad I made it great.” said Soarin.

“It was nice to have fun & relax, I don't get a lot of those.” said Skystar.

“Hopefully we can have more nights like this.” said Soarin.

“I would love that.” said Skystar.

“That’s a relief.” said Soarin.

“I see the others over there.” said Skystar pointing to where her cousin & the rainbooms were.

Soarin pulled a red box from his pocket. “Before you go, when we were going through the shops I found this.” he said, it was a small silver hairband that sparkled with small blue butterfly wings on the sides of it.

“It’s lovely, thank you.” said Skystar and she put on the hairband.

They continued walking and started holding hands, the fireworks then started. The fireworks were multiple bright colors, the crowd reacted with cheers, oohs & awess. Soarin & Skystar looked at each other, they moved in slowly and did a quick kiss.

Skystar smiled and they continued to watch the firework show, when it ended they walked to Rarity’s RV.
“So did we have fun?” asked Sunset as the others walked up.

“Yeah.” answered Skystar.

“See you tomorrow.” said Soarin.

“Yes.” said Skystar.

Skystar smiled big and excitedly waved as he drove off.
“So what happened?” asked Rarity.

“Just had a fun night.” answered Skystar.

“Did he buy you that hairband?” asked Twilight.

“Yes.” answered Skystar.

“Anything else happen?” asked Applejack.

“Nothing much.” answered Skystar and she entered the RV.