• Published 4th Aug 2022
  • 562 Views, 6 Comments

E*Q*U*E*S*T*R*I*A 4077 - Prismfire Productions



Twilight Sparkle, fresh off a short stint on Earth with the M*A*S*H 4077, is happy to have returned home. However, when threats arrise from multiple sides, Twi must rely on her newfound friends to save not only those she cares about, but the world.

  • ...
2
 6
 562

Through the Early Morning fog I see...

Twilight Sparkle, ever since she was little, had been taught about the value of not taking things for granted.

Whether it was a new book, or stretching out her weekly allowance, she knew to be appreciative of everything that she had been given. After her fateful magic test that resulted in Spike being hatched, and likewise being brought under Celestia's wing, that core attribute exponentially increased. Learning new spells, and interacting with the same nobility that her parents often frequented with, she took it all in as she dived deeper into her studies. While the experiences absorbed into the young unicorn's brain like raw material, Celestia refined it like the royal blacksmith, hammering and molding it by having Twilight send friendship reports after she went to Ponyville. Twilight, to her credit, was thankful beyond belief that Celestia had done so; for she realized that if she had stayed in her studies only, she would not have the friends and experiences that she had come to cherish.

Being an Element of Harmony, and likewise redeeming Princess Luna, had taught her that everything happened for a reason. Deep down, she felt as if Celestia had known all along that she was going to be the Bearer of Magic. Everything that she had been taught as a filly, no matter how pointless, had been preparing her through her love of knowledge to have a mental defense for whatever challenges she and her friends faced as they protected Equestria. However, being teleported to another world altogether had taught her that friendship comes in many forms and ways, and gave her a refound gratitude for how peaceful Equestria was in comparison to the 4077 in Korea. Meeting Hawkeye, Charles, BJ, and several others gave her hope that the Flame of Friendship never died even in the bleakness of war.

That was something she intended to share with her friends, to give them a confidence boost that they could overcome any obstacle presented before them. Her only regret was not having more time to get to know her new friends better, but she had a feeling that the opportunity to meet them again was just around the corner, and she looked forward to seeing them again. For now, she was safely in Celestia's teleport, the feeling of weightlessness soon ending when she felt stone under her hooves. Opening her eyes and observing her surroundings, Twilight saw she was in the throne room of Canterlot castle. A warm sensation of nostalgia from sitting in on countless court sessions filled her and washed away several concerns, but before she could locate the rest Celestia distracted her by running a wing down her back.

"Welcome back home my faithful student." Celestia said in a smooth, motherly tone. Twilight nodded in acknowledgment but she still didn't feel like she was her old self, then again, no sane pony would after all that she had experienced recently. She knew she was now safely home, but at the same time it felt like a piece of her was missing. She tried to locate exactly what it was, but she was interrupted from her thoughts by Luna coming over to the pair. "Glad you haven't collapsed Lulu, would have hated you not being able to greet Twilight upon our arrival."

"Verily dear sister…" The Princess of the Night said with exhaustion in her tone, clearly a side effect of the spell that teleported Celestia and Twilight back to where they now were. Despite that, she was able to bury it as she gave the unicorn a hug. "As Tia said, welcome back Twilight, I am glad that you are safe and sound, each of your friends missed you."

"It is good to be back," Twilight replied, forcing a smile. She had half lied, where it was true she was happy to be back in Equestria, part of her surprisingly didn't want to leave Korea. "Saw a lot of things that I never saw before, so it is good to have things return to a degree of normalcy."

"I think you deserve a well-earned rest, considering you are probably going to develop PTSD from experiencing your first war zone." Celestia commented, but before she could add to her statement Luna's features turned to a mix of shock and fear. "Now Luna-"

"Did you say a war zone? Where in bloody Tartarus did you end up Twilight?!" Luna exclaimed, her look only becoming more cemented as Twilight explained in detail all that had happened during her brief stay in the camp. She remained silent, allowing her to continue without interruption and by the time Twilight was done the navy mare looked downright sick to her stomach. "For Faust's sake, that sounds horrific. Me and Tia have had to partake in our fair share of skirmishes during the Tribal Wars, but nopony should have to experience things to that-"

Before she could finish, it was as if she got hit by Karma for cutting Celestia off as Shining Armor busted into the throne room. His eyes were bloodshot, his breathing ragged and clearly out of breath from a long gallop. Even with him being the Captain of the Guard, the timing caused the three mares to give him an annoyed stare and Luna to lightly grit her teeth. "This better be good Captain Armor for you to come barging in like that, rank or not, the orders were clear for no interruptions unless it was an emergency."

"I think the news I was given would fall under a nationwide emergency, but first;" Shining said before trotting over and giving Twilight a younger unicorn was more than happy to return it, but the looks the royal sisters were giving him threatened to combust his fur at any moment before he cleared his throat. "Right, um, as glad as I am to have you back Twily, business first. The matter at hoof actually involves my LSBFF, because Tirek has declared all-out war on Equestria if we don't give her to him. He means business considering he joined forces with King Sombra and Queen Chrysalis. We probably could take them individually, but as a combined force, we are certainly overmatched."

"What would he quite possibly want with me?" Twilight asked, her confusion keeping her from gulping along with Celestia and Luna. All three mares, however, had the same collective thought of "oh come on" considering the circumstances. "I know I am the Element of Magic, does it have to deal with that? Otherwise, I see no reason for him to come after me, I'm just a simple unicorn."

"You may be a unicorn, but you are a very special one." Celestia sighed, a sad smile forming as Twilight tilted her head slightly to the side. "There is no doubt in my mind that the reason he wants you is because it involves your destiny Twilight. I was hoping that his attack would not be so soon, especially with the fact you just got thrown from one war zone and are about to be put into another. I will fully explain when we get to Ponyville."

Before Twilight could protest, Celestia's horn glowed as she teleported the four of them to the Ponyville square. To both Twilight's and Shining's shock, a second flash of gold happened and when it died down the other Elements of Harmony were looking around confused as to why Celestia would summon them in such a manner. Upon seeing the Princesses, they went to bow but Celestia raised her hood to stop them. "Do not bow my little ponies, for this is urgent. Tirek has declared war on us if we don't turn over Twilight. The reason why is because she is destined..."

A flash lit up from her and Luna's horns and caused a sphere of magic to form around Twilight. When it dissipated, there were a pair of majestic Alicorn wings on her back as Twilight, her friends, and the nearby towns ponies all gawked in shock. The other ponies all gave the newest princess a bow, something that was cut short as Celestia cleared her throat. "To be the Princess of Friendship. Now, Twilight, as the newest princess, feel free to have the stage."

"Thank you Celestia, but pleasantries need to be set aside for the time being seeing as how we are on the brink of war." Twilight said, addressing the current issue as hushed whispers of fear started to build. However, before the townsponies could hit the threshold to start a panic stampede, Twilight called attention back to her. "I know many of you are probably worried about hearing that, and that is perfectly fine considering how scary it sounds. That being said, fret not, will win this war, for I know of some very special friends I meet recently that can help us."

"They will be of great assistance, of course you would have to teach them about pony anatomy, but otherwise it is a splendid idea." Celestia chuckled, a mix of amusement, thoughtfulness, and jealousy creeping into it since she didn't think of that idea. In addition, the proclamation caused all whispers to turn from panic to curiosity, something Celestia had not thought Twilight was capable of so soon. "The fact you are now an Alicorn will take some of the pressure off of me and Lulu since, with your now-enhanced magic, it will be easier to cast and maintain the spell. You should be able to go retrieve them with no issue since there should still be a faint magical signature from us leaving such a short time ago."

"Then we have no time to lose, we must get back to the castle post haste!" Luna exclaimed as the three princesses teleported away, leaving the others to blink in confusion.

"What the hay just happened?" Rainbow asked, trying to figure out the solution herself. "That did not seem not normal in the slightest."

"I hav' notta clue sugahcube." Applejack said while shuffling her hoof in the dirt. With her being the Element of Honesty and admitting she was stumped, they all knew it was something big. "What do ya think Pin-. Oh…"

Pinkie Pie couldn't answer on the account since she had passed out into a soft sleep after Celestia, Luna, and Twilight left. Considering how active the party mare normally was, plus it being so late at night, it surprised nopony that she had fallen asleep so fast. Her slumber had another effect, as seeing her like that made the others follow her lead and head to their respective homes. The crowd dispersed while Dash and Fluttershy helped Pinkie home, and soon it was like nothing even happened as the only sounds that could be heard were cricket chirps, frogs croaking, and the howling of distant timberwolves.

As Ponyville settled in for a long night of slumber, back in the Canterlot throne room, Twilight and the total sisters were completing the finishing preparations to sense Twilight on a return trip to Earth. The older two were side by side, filled with worry as they looked down at the younger princess, knowing that everything rested in Twilight's hooves.

"Good luck Twilight, and remember, the spell only has enough power to keep you there for about two days Earth time. That is all you got to convince them to help our cause." Celestia noted as a reminder but she mentally facehoofed at the fact she even did that since she was talking to Twilight Sparkle of all ponies. "Think you can do it under such a tight timeframe?"

"Don't worry teacher, I got this, just try to keep everypony from freaking out while I am gone." Twilight said, giving a final nod of approval as the spell was cast and she headed back for Earth. She wouldn't admit it to anypony, but she was silently thankful this was happening just to see her new friends again and return to her second home. Granted, she wished the circumstances were different, but she was thankful nonetheless. "No need to worry, my friends, I'm coming..."