• Published 15th Jul 2022
  • 305 Views, 3 Comments

A Haunting Prize - Silver_Cloudsky27



Rarity won a mansion and asks two of her friends to go with her to clean it up.

  • ...
1
 3
 305

Chapter 2: Ghost Mansion

The dark-lit mansion received little light from the giant windows covered by thick white curtains enough almost to block out the outside light until the three visitors opened the giant mansion door and revealed light into the mansion.

The said place was weird on the outside as Dash said but it was creepy on the inside as it contained sofas, couches, cabinets, and types of furniture covered with thick dusty ivory blankets. That wasn't the only thing dusty, everything in the palace-like place was dusty.

"It's not that bad. It's just dusty, so all we have to do is clean the dust from the walls, floor, ceilings, and the types of furniture just in case the blankets that had covered them had holes and some dust went through. We want this place spotless. I didn't know what to use this whole place for but I'll figure it out,"

Rarity explained as she looked back to the others and took out the little pieces of a broom and connected all of them and there were 3 brooms. She also took out more cleaning equipment. "Alright, I'll work down here, Pinkie you'll clean the 2nd floor, Rainbow Dash you clean the ceilings of both floors, and is it alright if you also clean the attic?"

"I clean things fast but now that I'm cleaning and flying? Consider it done!" The pegasus gave a salute and snatched one of the brooms, a little towel, a big plastic bag for the dust she'll be collecting, and a spray from the unicorn's magic grip, and started immediately.

"Same for me!" The enthusiastic pony said as she also took the same items that the pegasus got and started heading towards the stairs until the fashionista stopped her with a hoof.

"We need to give Rainbow Dash a little head-start so that before we start cleaning the floor, the dust from the walls and the ceiling will get cleaned at once. Dash will drop some of the dust with the broom from the areas she's cleaning and after that, we'll start cleaning too as she heads towards the attic." The purple-maned pony explained.

"Okey-dokey-lokey!" The party pony exclaimed as she watched the cyan pony clean the walls and the ceiling precisely and perfectly while keeping her speed.

As the rainbow-maned pony started heading to the second floor, Rarity quickly started her work while Pinkie Pie followed the flying pony. Pinkie was watching the pegasus with awe at how fast she was cleaning the higher walls and the ceiling that was out of reach from the pink pony but became a bit worried as the once blur pegasus started getting slower as she moved from room to room... to room... to room.

"Wanna take a break, Dashie?" The pink pony yelled out to the pegasus who had just come out of another room and looked at her.

"I-I'm fine, Pinks. I'm almost done anyways," Panted the exhausting pony as she slowly landed next to the now glaring pony who suddenly became a pink blur as she fetched a cold bottle of water and handed it to the confused pegasus.

"Did you even see Rarity carrying that blue box? Turns out that there were drinks and some food in there! So here you go!" The smiling pony said to the Wonderbolt.

"Thanks, Pinkie." was the last thing Dash said to Pinkie as she continued her cleaning and headed to the attic to start cleaning there but once she entered she was half surprised to see that the attic was as huge as a masters bedroom. She sighed and started cleaning, singing the sweeping song she had sung with Applejack and Twilight as they were cleaning while Pinkie Pie was just giggling.

She sang a bit louder until she felt like she was being watched. She continued singing and quickly turned around to see a little pink blur and then she noticed that she was late.

Pinkie Pie? Probably, Pinkie was full of pink! But why would she try and scare her? Pinkie is a prankster, yes, but Pinkie clearly knows how important cleaning this place is for Rarity and saw me all tired-like. Pinkie couldn't have done this but who else? Rarity? The confused pony just shook her head and chuckled. It would have been either a purple or white blur, not pink and Rarity would never go all the way up here just to try and scare me... Wait, I'm not scared! The frustrated pony growled and turned around again to continue cleaning.

"Whoever you are, stop it! I have better things to- GAAH!!"

_____-----------*********-----------_____

Rarity stopped cleaning for a second. Was that a scream? It sounded like Rainbow Dash... Probably saw a rat. The fashionista's eyes widen as she shivered at the thought but giggled. She continued cleaning until she saw a fading green blur in the corner of her eye and looked side-to-side and turned around but saw nothing except mud in the middle of the area she had already cleaned. The confused unicorn looked around and went towards the mud. How did this little mud get here? This area was dusty and dirty but she didn't see a single mud until now. She just shook her head and wiped the mud off the floor with one of her wet towels from a bucket and turned around to continue cleaning the living room.

RIP!

The once-cleaning pony turned around and gasped as she saw the teared-up ivory curtain. She heard another rip on the other side of the room towards a slightly glowing pony. "H-hey! Who are you? Stop tearing the curtains!" The confused pony yelled as she was unsure of what to do. The glowing pony turned around and was now standing a few feet from Rarity. The glowing pony was a unicorn, with lime fur, and a slightly dark green mane and she was wearing a green dress.

The only thing that scared Rarity was that the glowing pony had faded green eyes that she could barely see. If she didn't look enough, she would've thought that the pony had no eyes. The frightened unicorn backed away until she hit the ripped curtain and the window behind it as the green ghost closed in on her, grinning at her despite missing a tooth. The white pony closed her eyes as if waiting for an attack to come but opened one eye and saw the other unicorn still grinning at her. The curious pony looked at the green pony with both eyes open and waited... The white pony was about to speak until the other unicorn quickly stuck a tongue out and galloped away. Tearing curtains and somehow leaving mud behind as the prankster laughed.

Rarity blinked in surprise for a moment and blinked again, seeing the mess the green unicorn has left. "That... That bratty little unicorn! Come back here!" She yelled out and galloped after the trouble-maker.

_____-----------*********-----------_____

The party pony stopped cleaning for a moment as she heard a scream that sounded like Rainbow Dash. She ignored it as she thought that the tough pony can probably handle the thing that scared her. She continued cleaning again until she heard some noise downstairs and out of curiosity she went near the door to go outside the room and look at what was happening. She opens the door but she only sees a blue blur as she was pushed back into the room and fell on her back.

"Hey! What gives!?" She rubbed her head, opened her eyes to see who it was, and gasped when she saw a glowing pony. It was a unicorn who had an azure blue coat, navy blue mane, wearing a blue dress, faded blue eyes, and was also wearing one black glove on her left hoof.

"Oops. Didn't see you there," The blue unicorn said with sarcasm as she jumped over the shocked pink pony. Ignoring her as if nothing happened and proceeded to go open a drawer that contained one of her gloves. She puts it on with her magic on her right hoof and turns around to exit the room to still find the pink pony looking at her.

"Move it, pink stuff." The unicorn said harshly but the bubbly pony sat there and eventually stand up. But they just stared at each other until the dressed pony got irritated. "Ugh, I don't have time for this." She complained as she pushes the now angry pony and went towards the door.

"Can you please stop being such a meanie? I didn't even do anything!" exclaimed Pinkie as she came up with an idea and gave the cruel unicorn a big smile. "How about a game of tag? That'll surely cheer you up!"

"Oh, you think you can catch me?" The glowing pony then chuckled when she saw a hard nod. "Even Emerald got tired of chasing me when she got mad at me! Think you can do better clown? Come and get me." She said the last sentence with a challenging grin and she galloped away.

"I guess I'm it!" Giggled the cheery pony as she gave chase.

The earth pony didn't realize that they were now in the kitchen until she saw a cake that she secretly made for her friend. They were gonna eat it after cleaning up and the cake was supposed to be inside Rarity's cool box. She used them before, she just didn't know what they were called. She went towards the cake to put it back inside the box until she saw a blue blur go past her and went towards the cake.

"Is this yours?"

"Eeyup! But it's not just for me, I made it so my friends and I can eat it. You can get a slice or two if want!" The enthusiastic pony informed the unicorn who gave a grim smile.

"No thanks." A white light was then portrayed through the whole room and when the party pony put her hoof down from covering her eyes, she didn't see the cake anymore!

"Huh? Where did it go? Where did you teleport it to?"

"Some place where you can't find and you don't know that much about this place, and that only increases my chances."

"Oh! Let me guess!... I have to chase you aga-" The earth pony said enthusiastically but was cut off when a smudged cupcake was suddenly on her face and the pony responsible was now galloping away. Pinkie ate the cupcake with her tongue that somehow leaving nothing at all on her face. "Delicious!" She complimented and gave chase again while the unicorn randomly threw food at her which only encourages her more to continue chasing the suspect since she was able to dodge or eat some of the food thrown at her.

_____-----------*********-----------_____

The jumped wonderbolt turned around and met faded pink eyes meeting her wide magenta ones. She jumped back to give herself space from the pink unicorn and observed the stranger. The unicorn had fuchsia fur, a hot pink mane, wearing a pink dress, and was carrying a hand mirror with her magic. But all our brash pegasus mentally noted in her head is that the stranger was all pink and could probably get along with Rarity with that mane style. She was about to say something when the glowing pony cut her off.

"I know I'm dead but I've never seen an angel as beautiful as you before..." The pink unicorn said as she was looking at the rainbow-maned pony while covering her mouth with a hoof.

The pegasus mare was in complete disbelief as she looked at the pink unicorn. How could she think that she was an angel! She was tough, confident, and element of loyalty and she's also the fastest pony in the world as she was able to break the sound barrier and the light spectrum - she learned this when Twilight made her do a couple of rainbooms so she could see how she did it and there was this thing called a Mach cone where the alicorn got her lead - and she had received multiple and different comments about what she does and her appearance but no one has ever called her an angel. "H-hey! I-I'm not an angel and by beautiful, you mean cool, right? But, anyway, don't call me that again!" The flustered pegasus stammered as she quickly tried to sweep the unicorn away with the broom. "Now get out! I'm trying to clean here!"

"Clean? A mare as beautiful as you? Cleaning?" The unicorn then proceeded to teleport the broom out of the pegasus's hooves. "Until you call yourself beautiful, I won't give this broom back." The glowing pony winked as she galloped towards the door and galloped away with the broom and her mirror in her magic grip.

The pegasus gave chase but every time she gets close, the unicorn teleports a few feet away and this repeats as they reached the stairs leading to the ground floor. "Stop calling me beautiful and give me the broom back!" Pleaded the nervous pegasus as she wished her friends didn't hear what she had just said.

"But you are beautiful! But I feel like something's missing... AHA!" She then grabbed a fabric that was once covering a sofa, dusted it with her magic in the air, and suddenly stopped galloping and wrapped the now surprised pegasus.

"Let me go!" Squirmed the wonderbolt as she tried to get out of the rope-like blanket. Her hind legs weren't tied up, it was only her front hooves and wings but the main reason she couldn't move was because of the magical grip the unicorn has on her.

"Not until I give you a makeover, darling." The pink unicorn said as she floated a box towards her and scanned them to make sure she had everything she needed and started taking out some makeup equipment from the box.

"I am not getting a makeover!" The pegasus squirmed more once the unicorn started to do her work on the pegasus's face.

"Not with that attitude." Chuckled the dressed unicorn as she started working on the cyan pony's mane and formed a beautiful bun with it.

"Just who are you anyway!" The cyan pony yelled in frustration.

The unicorn stopped what she was doing for a second and somehow got a rainbow dress out. "Oh dear, where were my manners!" She giggled as she levitated the once-tied-up pony and got the dress on her. "I am-" She stopped as the both of them heard a commotion coming towards them. They didn't have any time to react when they all collided.

"Rarity!?"

"Rainbow Dash!?"

"Pinkie!" The pink pony exclaimed as she got between the fashionista and the wonderbolt as both of them rolled their eyes and saw glowing colors behind the pink pony. The party pony followed her friend's eyes and saw three glowing unicorns in front of them, just a few feet away. The unicorns in front of the three of them were the ones they'd encountered already but they didn't know all of them.

"What are you two doing here!? I thought I was doing the thing?" The green unicorn asked the other two glowing ponies.

"I was looking for my glove." The blue unicorn bluntly said.

"I found this pretty mare and I thought something was missing so I gave her a makeover and now she's gorgeous!" The pink unicorn said as she looked at the blushing pegasus.

"I am not gorgeous or beautiful!" If looks could kill the brash pegasus probably did it long ago to the snickering pink unicorn.

"So you did this?" The purple-maned pony asked the glowing pink pony as she gave her a nod. "I absolutely adore it! I don't know how you did it to Rainbow here but it is simply divine! I love what you did to her mane!" She exclaimed as she looked over the flustered and angry look of her friend.

"Me too!" Added the party pony.

"Rainbow? Now that's a name I won't forget! I'm Rose. Rose Quartz," The pink-dressed unicorn introduced herself. "And these are my siblings. Emerald," She pointed at the smirking green unicorn. "And Sapph Fire." She pointed towards the bored-looking unicorn.

"Pleasure to meet all-" She paused when she saw the green pony and shook her head. " Almost the three of you. I am Rarity and these two are my friends. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. You can probably already guess which one is Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie." Explained the white unicorn with a giggle.

"Now that that's out of the way. Why are you three planning to mess with us!?" The wonderbolt yelled towards the glowing ponies.

Before Sapph Fire and Emerald could yell back, Rose stopped them with her magic. "Let me explain." She said calmly and gently put the others down once they stopped struggling. "Despite the three of us turning into ghosts... We meet here every year because this was our house and then we saw you. Emerald decided to mess with you three. Sapph didn't really care and I didn't agree, it would be unladylike to do so. I was looking at myself in my hand mirror here until I saw a rainbow streak that went inside the attic, I decided to follow it out of curiosity and I saw Rainbow Dash cleaning! -" Before she ranted about how somepony with such a magnificent mane like her clean, she reminded herself that it was not the time and remembered a question she had in the back of her mind. "Which reminds me, why are three beautiful ponies cleaning such a dusty mansion?"

"Well... I won this fashion contest..." The fashionista uncomfortably said because she didn't know how they would react when their home was now hers but before she could say anything, her friends chimed in.

"And won this huge mansion!" The pink pony hopped happily next to the surprised white unicorn.

"We didn't know this place was yours and we only came here 'cuz Rares won the contest she's been working hard for." The cyan pony made sure she emphasized certain words to let the ghosts know how her friend technically earned the place.

"If you want this mansion, you guys should've said so!" The green pony said in a cheery tone. "Because we were gonna give you three activities that you will finish to earn it!" She added with a challenging grin.

"We are?" The other ghosts said.

The green unicorn then grabbed her other siblings and made sure the other three won't hear them. "We aren't just going to give it to them! There has to be some sort of challenge!" She whispered.

"Why are we even giving them a chance of giving them the mansion? This is our home!" The blue unicorn whispered back.

"They said that this was the award from the contest they won so this place is now technically theirs. I mean everypony just thinks that the place is abandoned since nopony can see us and we can go anywhere for that." The pink unicorn whispered.

"That's why I gave them this challenge, we have nothing to lose.
Second, they're the only ponies who can see and hear us and I wanna mess with them some more." The green unicorn explained and grinned when her siblings smiled at her. They turned around and the green ghost stepped forward. "If you do what we tell you to do, you get the mansion and do whatever in here but if you don't, it's ours and you three will leave!"

The other three huddled up.

"Maybe we shouldn't. We have nothing to lose and this mansion does belong to them." The white unicorn suggested.

"What!? No, it doesn't! At least, not anymore. You worked hard to win this place! You can't just give up! We are doing this!" Encouraged the wonderbolt while trying to maintain it in a whisper.

"Yeah, we are!" Laughed the party pony.

"Fine." The fashionista agreed and smiled at her friends as they met the stares of the three ghosts. "We accept!"

Author's Note:

I actually had fun doing this chapter and the drawing parts too!

So I hope you had fun reading this as I was when writing it. Have a great day!