• ...
16
 8
 484

Dragon Quest

*Spike's POV*


Despite Rainbow and Natsu's efforts to get Fluttershy out of her house, the others and I went to see the dragon migration. Wendy was with me as well since she was curious about it.

Nashi, Luke and Layla were with their parents.

“Ooh! I can’t wait!” I said in excitement.

Lucy spoke "It's a first time experience for me, Natsu, Wendy, Gajeel, Nashi, Luke and Layla too."

A black dragoness flew over the group with her mate, a purple dragon.

“Whoa! What was that?” I awed.

Danyelle spoke "I have no clue but those two dragons seem familiar to me... And no Lillian, you can't reveal their names yet."

Lillian spoke "Oh okay."

Okay, now I’m curious.

Natsu spoke "I wonder where they're going."

“As much as I wanna see where they’re going, I gotta check up with the others.” I remembered.

Wendy spoke "I'll go with you then Spike."

Natsu spoke "Dragons gotta stick together."

Lucy spoke "Yeah."

Nashi, Luke and Layla all chirp in agreement.

Lucy asks "What about you Gajeel?"

Gajeel chuckles "Heh, haven’t seen much dragons, so what the heck? I’ll go along with ya."

Wendy spoke "Awesome!"

“We’ll, let’s get going!” I declared.

Twilight spoke "Be careful Spike."

Lucy spoke "It'll be fine Twilight, my friends and I will go with him."

Wendy carries me on her back as she flew with the other six as we headed off after the dragons.

Unknown to me or any other dragons, Twilight was planning to follow us.

Rainbow Dash asks "We’re following them, right?"

Twilight spoke "Yes."

Danyelle spoke "Oh no you don't Twilight, you could get hurt and I don't think Flash or your brother would be happy."

Twilight spoke "But I’m worried about Spike. He’s a brother to me."

Danyelle spoke "Relax Twilight, he has Gajeel with him. Plus Gajeel is scary when mad."


*After arriving where the other dragons were*


Natsu spoke "Woah! I've never seen so many dragons in one place!"

I was scared of talking to the big ones, before I saw smaller ones down there. “Teenage dragons, that seems more of my size and my speed.”

Wendy was shaking a bit.

“Hey, are you alright?” I asked in concern.

Wendy spoke "I'm just a bit scared since feathered dragons don't have the same immunity to lava as normal dragons..."

“Oh.” I realized.

Wendy spoke "Plus that red dragon teen is staring at me..."

Little did the seven and I know, Rainbow had followed us while disguised as a dragon.

Rainbow Dash thinks "Thank Celestia that Twilight learned some transformation spells. Wait, I was so much in a hurry to follow Spike, I didn’t check out what I could do as a dragon. This necklace is awesome!"

The three younger dragons were hiding under Lucy.

Lucy spoke "Hmm… I wonder if there are dragon hatchlings around here..."

Wendy spoke "I don't see any around here though..."

Natsu spoke "Come on, Lucy, I’m sure we can find some for the kids to play with."

Lucy spoke "Okay Natsu."

Gajeel spoke "I'll keep an eye on Spike and Wendy so they don't get into trouble."

Natsu spoke "Heh. I forgot that you can be a cool and great guy when it counts, Gajeel."

Gajeel spoke "Don't push your luck Salamander. I'd rather not have an angry pregnant unicorn yelling at me if Spike got hurt... OR an angry alicorn if Wendy got hurt."

That certainly frightened Natsu.

Even Lucy was now scared.

“Come on, I’m sure Twilight wouldn’t go THAT crazy.” I assured.

Lucy asks "Have you SEEN how scary Danyelle got when she was on her first pregnancy?"

Wendy spoke "Think about it Spike, mood swings mixed with firebending...."

That made me realize with a pale face. “Oh…”

Natsu spoke "Scary stuff...."

Lucy spoke "Oh hey Dash."

I shrugged it off before reconsidering what Lucy just said. “Wait, Rainbow Dash?!”

Rainbow spoke "Yeah, it's me... Twilight came up with the idea since she couldn't risk a miscarriage if she got hurt."

“Why are you here?” I asked in annoyance.

Lucy spoke "Spike, calm down."

Rainbow spoke "Look, I’m really sorry about earlier. That was uncool of me, and the reason I’m here is because Twilight’s worried about you. You’re like a brother to her."

Lucy notices the fang.

Lucy asks "Isn't that one of my fangs?"

Rainbow spoke "Yeah, Danyelle and Twilight worked together to make it and wearing this, I can switch between pony and dragon at any time."

Natsu spoke "That is cool! Celestial Fury fangs are magical enough on their own but add a transformation spell to one and the end result is that. But it's best you keep it a secret... Most dragons hate ponies..."

Rainbow spoke "Got it!"

Lucy spoke "Plus Celestial furies are extremely rare..."

Rainbow spoke "Wow! That’s awesome!"

The black dragoness I had seen earlier was heard roaring.

Rainbow asks "What was that?!"

Lucy spoke "I heard of her once.... her name is Cynder... Many Mobians called her the Black Terror."

Rainbow spoke "*Shiver* Somehow, I wouldn’t be surprised if she was literally in someone’s shadow."

Lucy spoke "She's not one to do that sort of stuff anymore, not since her mate saved her from the darkness..."

Rainbow asks "And who would that be?"

An adult purple dragon spoke "That would be me, I'm Spyro."

Rainbow spoke "Whoa!!!"

Cynder spoke "hey."

Rainbow spoke "Gah!"

Spyro spoke "I do apologize for her looks but there's... *sigh* something we have to tell you..."

Spike asks "W-What is it?"

But then the next thing I knew, Spyro and Cynder were hugging me.

Cynder spoke "We were so worried about you...."

Spyro spoke "We're your parents..."

That took a couple of seconds for my head process this before… “P-P-P-P-P-Parents?!?!?!”

Natsu, Lucy, Gajeel, Wendy and Rainbow all exclaim "They’re your mom and dad?!?!?!"

That sudden information bomb literally sent me flying into a wall. “WHAT?!?!?! My parents here… And I never knew… Oh Celestia!” Then I fell flat on my face.

Cynder spoke "*sigh* It started 14 years ago...."


*Flashback to 14 years ago*

*Cynder's POV*


I was holding my last remaining egg close to my chest since I had already lost five of them.

I spoke "Spyro, I'm scared that Malefor will come looking for this egg..."

Spyro spoke "I know... But maybe Danyelle can find a safe place for our little Spike, we can't let Malefor know about him."

I spoke "I know Spyro, she's our only hope..."

With Danyelle and Sonic's help, Spyro and I had sent our remaining egg to another world where it would be safe. It soon ended up in the hooves of an alicorn pony who would soon use it as a test for a potential student.


*End Flashback*

*Spike's POV*


Spyro spoke "You see son... We had to send you away for your own safety... We didn't want you to end up like your brothers and sisters... dead..."

I… I didn’t know what to say or think… All if this time… My parents… Were actually… The grown dragons right in front of me…

Wendy started to growl when Garble and his friends approached.

Lucy growls "What do you losers want?"

Garble spoke "We heard about the shrimp’s backstory, and honestly, that helps him sound pretty tough."

Layla, Luke and Nashi were hiding behind their mother. Natsu had Rainbow behind him so Garble didn't see her.

Lucy spoke "Unless you want a Celestial Dragon Roar to the face, I suggest you forget about raiding a phoenix nest!"

Garble asks "Hey! How’d you know we were gonna offer the squirt that?"

Lucy spoke "Like I'd tell a wimp that."

Cynder and Spyro both growl.

A white dragon teen spoke "Dude, those two adults are the shrimp's parents...."

A brown dragon spoke "Yeah, and not just any normal dragons from how they look."

A smaller dragoness pokes her head out from behind her mother.

Cynder spoke "Oh, and Spike…"

Spike asks "Yeah?"

Spyro spoke "I don’t know how he did it, but Volteer hid one of our eggs, so you can meet your little sister."

The little dragoness looks at Spike.

Spyro spoke "Spike…"

Cynder spoke "Meet your little sister, Viola."

Viola hides again.


*Meanwhile,*


Danyelle was near a phoenix nest while chirping at the two adults, warning them of a possible raid on their nest.

The adult male chirps back before passing two eggs to Danyelle for safe keeping and thanking her for the warning.

After placing the eggs into her tail fur, Danyelle chirps a "You're welcome" to the two before slipping off through a warp ring to avoid the teen dragons.


*Later*


Garble scoffs "Whatever, let's go raid a nest!"

Danyelle spoke "Sorry dragons, but you won’t find any nests."

Lucy and her friends walk over to where Danyelle was since they don't attack other nests.

The adult phoenixes that Danyelle had warned were perched on her wings while glaring at Garble's group as four of the hatchlings were on her shoulders.

Danyelle growls "Leave now and NEVER RAID ANOTHER PHOENIX NEST AGAIN!!"

Garble and the other teenage dragons said nothing, but they flew away.

Danyelle spoke "Hey Spike, I'm sorry for following you but I had a vision tough... Those jerks were planning to attack a phoenix nest."

“Well, thanks.” I said in gratitude.

The adult female chirps as well.

Danyelle spoke "It would have been worse if I hadn't arrived."

“Yeah.” I agreed. “But you and the others won’t believe what me, the others and Rainbow Dash found out about myself! And Twilight will go completely Twilynanas!”

Danyelle spoke "It's good to see you again Spyro and Cynder."

Spyro spoke "I said it before and I’ll say it again, thanks for keeping Spike safe."

Cynder spoke "And I see you started a family of your own."

Danyelle spoke "six kids isn't easy since four are still in diapers. Plus it was Twilight that had hatched Spike."

After using a warp ring to get back to Ponyville, I ran up to Twilight and hugged her.

Twilight spoke "It’s good to see you again, Spike."

“Me too, Twilight. And our family’s bigger now! Meet my dad, Spyro, my mom, Cynder, and my little sister, Viola.” I say.

But when I looked back at Twilight, I knew I had broken her, seeing her go all Twilynanas at the discovery.

Danyelle had dislodged the phoenixes when she burst out laughing.

On her back while laughing, Danyelle spoke "You got her good Spike!"

Spyro asks "So she’s the one who hatched you, Spike?"

Cynder asks "Your big sister, Twilight Sparkle?"

Twilight spoke "*ahem* Yes, I am."

Rainbow had switched back to her normal form.

Spyro spoke "I knew you were a pony, Rainbow Dash."

Rainbow spoke "I had to keep it hidden from that jerk though."

Two chirps came from Danyelle's tails since the eggs had hatched.

Twilight asks "Whoa! Are those baby phoenixes?"

Danyelle spoke "Yeah, a group of teenage dragons were planning to destroy them but I was able to save them in time. As well, I decided to relocate them to a safer place so that the babies could grow up without fear."

Twilight spoke "Whoa...."

Danyelle spoke "Yeah plus I told off that group of teenagers too."

Danyelle soon burped up a letter from Shining Armor suddenly.

Danyelle spoke "Huh, I wonder what this is about."

Twilight spoke "It's from my brother!"

Sunset asks "Oh?"


End