• ...
16
 8
 481

Hearth's Warming Eve

*Danyelle's POV*


I was up in Canterlot with Twilight and her friends. Despite the countless stares that my Changelings were getting, the other ponies kept their distance since they knew better than to agitate a queen.

Ben spoke "Sweetie, don't get carried away with your status."

I spoke "I know Ben but I'm going to be a good queen, a responsible leader like Celestia and Luna are."

Daria trotted beside me while carrying Thunder and Bluestar in her saddlebag.

Daria spoke "I’m glad to hear that."

Petting Daria on the head, I spoke "Unlike a certain bug I'm not going to mention..."

The pony-changeling fusion that Lillian had seen before was in my line of sight for some reason as if to warn me of a bigger threat than just what I had seen in my visions.

Lillian asks "You saw it too?"

I spoke "Yeah... It's as though she's trying to warn us."

Me and my best friend shivered at that sight.

Even Korra, Brandy and Chloe were shaking as well.

Korra asks "But why though?"

Brandy spoke "Beats me."

Chloe whimpers "And somehow, I don’t wanna see that again."

I spoke "Whatever it was, we need to be careful."

Me and my four friends nodded in agreement.

I spoke "Since Sonic is with his family for the holiday, it was nice that Twilight's parents invited me and my family over."

Lillian spoke "Oh, did you hear? Twilight and some of her friends are gonna be in a play."

I ask "Oh?"

Sunset spoke "As well as me since I lost all contact with my family..."

I drape a wing around the crying Sunset.

Crying, Sunset spoke "I feel so out of place here...."

“Don’t worry, we’ll find a way to help you get back to normal.” I assured Sunset.

Sunset spoke "What that jerk did to me can't be reversed...."

Maria spoke "She's just like me... the only family I have left is Shadow..."

Lillian spoke "I can understand that, but I heard that every sickness has a cure. So there’s gotta be a way to revert Sunset back to normal."

Maria spoke "I was once frail myself... the illness I had was incurable..."

After the Mane Six had left, my family and I headed to Twilight's house.

I spoke "*sigh* I'm not sure how Twilight's brother will react..."

Ben spoke "Sweetie, I'm sure he'll understand."

Kevin spoke "She was talking about us Changelings...."

Ben spoke "I was actually referring to you guys."

Kevin spoke "But with that wedding coming up, ponies are wary of us."

Lillian spoke "Point taken."

Sunset's ears twitch before running off somewhere, leaving a trail of fire in her wake.

I spoke "Lillian, follow her."

Lillian spoke "Got it."


*Sunset's POV*


As I followed the sound, I soon find an empty dumpster.

After prying open the dumpster, I find not one but two babies cuddling together though one was bigger.

I think "Wait... isn't that a beast-lord? Why is one here of all places and not with its parents? Either way, I'll take them with me until I can find them a home."

I pick up the foal with my arms as the baby beast-lord followed after me.

I soon spot Lillian.

"Lillian! I need help with something!" I called out.

The baby beast-lord nuzzles against me.

Lillian gasped. "A baby foal and beast-lord? Where did you find them?"

The "foal" mewled like a cat as it stretched its wings.

I spoke "I found the duo in a dumpster.... Someone left them there on purpose."

Lillian spoke "Oh Chaos... I'll look after them."

I ask "But can you even handle a baby sphinx?"

Lillian spoke "I'm sure I can."

I spoke "It's a girl though... And she's a runt..."

Lillian spoke "That means she's different from the others."

I spoke "Just keep her out of the catnip...."

Lillian spoke "That, I'll keep in mind for sure."

I spoke "that stuff can affect Mobian cats too..."

Lillian spoke "Please don't remind me! I had nightmares about it after what happened to Blaze."

I spoke "*shudder* I had the same nightmare after Lance got into the stuff....."

A strange whinny was heard.

I stammer "wh-what was th-that?"

Danyelle soon arrived with Ben and the others.

Danyelle spoke "let's go girls, Twilight's parents are waiting."

“Oh, right! We’re coming!” I responded.

Danyelle asks "is that a beast-lord?"

Lillian spoke "yeah, it got separated from its parents..."

Daria asks "Wait, is that a sphinx?"

Danyelle spoke "A runt but yes. Her parents likely abandoned her due to her being small."

Lillian spoke "Yes, and I’ll be taking care of them."

I spoke "I'm the one that found them though."

Lillian spoke "Are you sure? You’re not exactly a mother, yet..."

I spoke "I know that but I can ask you and Danyelle for help."

Lillian spoke "If you’re absolutely certain."

I spoke "I may be 16 but these two need me. Plus I can ask that lilac cat to help with the beast-lord since she has one of her own."

Danyelle spoke "Okay. But don’t hesitate to ask for help if you need it."

I spoke "I know."


*At Twilight's home*


Shining Armor was a bit wary of the 21 Changelings.

Shining Armor asks "Care to explain what’s going on here?"

Danyelle spoke "All 20 of them along with Iris left their swarm since they were sick of how they were treated. But unlike a certain bug whose name I won't reveal until later on, I'm going to be a good queen."

Shining Armor spoke "Well, I hope so."

Kevin spoke "Sorry if we gave you a bad impression but I have news about your sister, she adopted a pair of children. A Pegasus colt named Dusk Shine and a chakat named Silverstorm."

That certainly surprised Shining Armor.

Danyelle spoke "It's true and I heard you gave Wendy bit of a scare a year ago..."

Shining Armor spoke "Oh. Uh… Sorry about that."

Danyelle spoke "Yeah but it's in the past now, plus she's dating Spike now."

Shining spoke "Heh. Spike, my little brother, dating another dragon. That’s good for him."

Danyelle spoke "I agree plus Wendy's closer to Spike's age too so it works out."

Shining Armor spoke "I don’t doubt it."

Danyelle asks "So uh, how is your marefriend?"

Shining Armor spoke "Uh… Well… Please don’t tell Twilight, because I wanna tell her myself, but… She and I are… gonna get married in a week or two."

I spoke "It might be hard for me to keep it a secret from her since I'm her roommate."

Kevin spoke "That's great dude!"

Danyelle pulls Lillian into a different room.

Danyelle asks "Remember that vision I had about the royal wedding?"

Lillian spoke "Yeah."

Danyelle spoke "Chrysalis is planning to attack that day though..."

Kevin spoke "And it would be wise to have security increased that day too... My former queen is planning something nasty...."

Daria spoke "But this is Chrysalis we’re talking about. She’s really sneaky."

Kevin spoke "I know Daria but even with a siren, the Mobian Guard, the Mane six and Lillian on our side.... That bug brat is going to be a problem."

Danyelle spoke "This is gonna be hard."

I spoke "Either way, it's best you have Blaze and Millie with you."

Kevin nuzzles Daria.

Kevin spoke "We're not going back to the swarm, our home is in Ponyville where our friends are."

Daria had a small blush as she agreed.

Danyelle spoke "I'm not that good with keeping secrets though."

Lillian spoke "Maybe Pinkie’s Pinkie Promise could help."

I ask "A what?"

Lillian asks "You seriously don’t know?"

I spoke "Nope, I'm not familiar with the term though. Sorry."


End