• Published 6th Jun 2022
  • 127 Views, 2 Comments

Enforcing Change Side Story 2 - Scootaboom1



Follow some of the monster hunting adventures of Sweetie Drops.

  • ...
 2
 127

Ch 3 Nue

Sweetie Drops

When the AMS started to get reports from towns which involved a few recurring elements.

The sound of some kind of bird before or after strange events.

The bird had an unnerving sound to it but that the events have been getting worse.

It apparently started simple enough.

First ponies would find doors of all kinds suddenly opened or closed in addition to objects being moved around.

Then more important stuff started to disappear.

Documents, expensive products, and even life saving medication.

Then things started to get weirder.

Mean spirited letters, graffiti, dishes smashed, and mutilated animal carcasses.

This was at about the point where we started to investigate what was going on.

The first major clue to what was going on was strange dreams and visions of a monster.

The monster had the head of a howling monkey the body of a tiger and the front half of a snake.

Sometimes before or after a one of these incidents a the shadow of a monkey, tiger, or snake would be seen.

After hearing about one of the incidents resulting in a filly being injured I decided to go help Pretzel Stick who had originally been assigned to the task.

Pretzel Stick had been staying in an old inn in the town which was known for it's spa.

The inn had dealt with quite a few of the incidents. I planned to get my own room before searching for Pretzel Stick to help her with the investigation.

When I entered the inn I was shocked to see Pretzel Stick wearing a uniform and cleaning the lobby.

What was she doing?

If this incident is not resolved then ponies could die!

Without thinking I asked her what she was doing only to get a response from who I learned was the owner.

Apparently Pretzel Stick had caused the boiler to burst and was working to pay it off.

When she had some free time she explained that she had gone down to the boiler room which guest were not allowed to enter and thinking that something was wrong with the boiler messed with the nobes causing it to burst.

The inn had three other guests all earth pony stallions. A skinny blue one, a muscular brown one who rarely left his room, and grey one of average build.

They were apparently taking advantage of the drop in price from all the recent events.

While I started to investigate on my own I found that the stallion who stayed in his room had some kind of argument with the grey stallion.

Yet that was about all I learned since not a single incident occurred.

I went to check up on the filly that was okay but when I returned I found Pretzel Stick and the owner confronting the grey stallion.

He started to laugh manically as a black fog flowwed out of him and he called out to two individuals who he called snake and tiger.

Two more clouds of black fog flowwed into the room and covered the stallion and he transformed into the monster that the reports described.

The monster towered over them as the fight broke out I joined in to help Pretzel Stick against the beast.

When the head howled it would sound like the bird call that had been reported, but far louder.

When it did this my vision would blur and shake making it hard to move.

The tiger claws would slash at us tearing apart anything in their paths.

When we tried to get behind it the snake head would lash out at us.

We managed to continue to avoid the attacks but we were not making any progress on beating it.

Suddenly the voice of the grey stallion called out in rage asking why snake and tiger were holding back.

The snake lightly chuckled and said that he couldn't forget the act of kindness Pretzel Stick had shown him.

The tiger had apparently been talking with the snake about this and frankly he hated monkey as I learned the head was called.

Snake

When I went to the boiler room I had originally planned to just turn off the boiler, but I had never used a boiler and had no idea what I was doing.

When I turned some of the valves and before I knew it the boiler was on the verge of exploding.

Things had got very very out of hoof.

I only wanted to cause a minor inconvenience not blow the inn up.

Then that mare Pretzel Stick came in a told me that she would fix it and to get back for my own safety.

She managed to minimize the damage but I was still panicking.

Monkey would be mad.

He didn't want to be to inconvenienced by the boiler being broken.

I thought that monkey would kill me, but Pretzel said that she would take the blame for it.

Sweetie Drops

As the different parts of the monsters continued to conflict with each other.

Then they started to come apart and the snake and tiger parts started to fade away.

As this happened to monkey head continually cried out about them abandoning him.

As they faded away I looked around and saw Nightlight with a almost smug grin, but in the blink of an eye he was gone.

Pretzel Stick and the owner did not seem to notice.

Pretzel Stick then explain to me that the owner of the inn had been a member of AMS in the past.

Together we wrote our report on what had transpired before returning to base.