• Published 6th Jun 2022
  • 127 Views, 2 Comments

Enforcing Change Side Story 2 - Scootaboom1



Follow some of the monster hunting adventures of Sweetie Drops.

  • ...
 2
 127

Ch 6 Bugbear

Sweetie Drops

The time had finally come.

I had gotten a report that would lead me to the location of the Bugbear.

Fire Works

As Sweetie Drops left I reminded her that our job was to capture monsters as needed not kill them like what Nightlight did with the nuckelavee.

Even if they killed two agents and retired another.

Nightlight

After the whole incident with the nuckelavee Celestia had started to consider absorbing the organization into the guard and/or dissolving it.

When she learned that I kept the fact that Sweetie Drops was a member of AMS from her dad.

Iron Shield was not happy with me.

Though after she captures the bugbear I was sure that I could convince her to retire to Ponyville.

Hopefully not all of the fillies and colts will be killed.

Jelly Filling

When I was taken by the bugbear I was not sure of what would happen to me or the other fillies and colts.

I was hoping that it was actually going to be a nice monster but went it ripped open a colts gut while he was still alive and awake.

That was when I realized that I was going to die.

Sweetie Drops

The entrance to the cave was actually quite well hidden from view.

As I entered the cave I started to notice the smell of blood.

I took this to mean that I was in the right cave.

When making my way through the cave I made sure to keep myself quiet and had taken a potion to mask my scent from the bugbears' excellent sense of smell.

As I went deeper into the cave I heard the sound of fillies and colts whimpering.

I also heard snoring from a clearly large creature.

My heart started to pound in my chest.

I had finally found the bugbear and could finally take my revenge, but now my legs felt like jelly.

I started to take deep breaths to calm myself down.

Now was not the time to panic not when I was so close to my goal.

I took my axe out and looked into the room with the snoring.

I considered beheading it then and there but the fillies and colts all had unobstructed views of the beast.

Even if they had seen it tear their friends apart they didn't need to see that.

I swapped my axe for a morning star and a powerful sleep potion to make sure it won't wake up.

Unfortunately I stepped on a fragile bone waking it up.

When the bugbear opened it's eyes it swung it's forearm at me which I narrowly avoided by jumping.

Despite having the ability to fly the interior of the cave greatly limited it's movement.

This made it easier in some ways and harder in others.

When it slammed it's paw on the floor I hit it with my morning star.

As it tried to bite down on me I bucked it as hard as I could.

In it's dazed state I poured the potion into it's mouth knocking it out cold.

Thanks to the potion it would be out for at least a week for now though I needed to contact the others to take the remaining fillies and colts home.

Nightlight

Before the bugbear escaped from Tartarus I had made sure that it would lay low until the time was right.

Celestia had already decided that she would dissolve the AMS but I had convinced her that it had to wait until the bugbear escaped.

When Sweetie Drops asked why I didn't go after the bugbear when it escaped I said that it was outside my jurisdiction.

Unfortunately she didn't believe that and asked when that ever stopped me with a raised brow.

I sighed and said that I was going to make sure that the bugbear will not be a threat again until the time was right.

As she started to walk away I told her that I had a sweets shop that I could give her located in Ponyville if she wanted it.

She had accepted and left mentioning something about finding a roommate.