• Published 9th Jun 2022
  • 117 Views, 0 Comments

Forest Treasure - MirroredHawk



Small group of students went to test a prototype during the extremely inappropriate time

  • ...
 0
 117

Get out of here!

Door slammed and March hopped into the hut with a revolver, “Who 's Sturdy Planks?” To her surprise she found Byrk doing something with the saw in the centre of the room.

“Oh, March,” Frist exclaimed, “Raiders are here.” Right at that moment two gunshots roared behind the wall. All lumberjacks took what was close to their hooves: axes, saws...

The ochre unicorn stood up from the wall close to the window and said, “I'm Sturdy, ya' hav' my rifle?” March took it into the teeth and thrown to unicorn. Sturdy caught it with his magic and took the ribbon with shells, loading the double-barrel. “Now we’ll talk with 'em.”

March nodded and quietly opened the door. Any sound except the loud gunshots drowned in the blizzard. She hopped out and hid herself behind the small wheelbarrow from the approaching raiders from the left of the hut. She saw small green light above the log. Guud work, she complimented Fire in her thoughts.


Ponies in the hut were careful not to walk past the windows. Blizzard was raging on. Suddenly an eye appeared in the window, looking right into the muzzle of a rifle. Loud gunshot, broken glass and cold wind rushed into the hut blowing out the only lantern.


It was unbearably hard for Fire to hold the "firefly". Suddenly the feeling of cold disappeared and everything started to flow before his eyes. Three more gunshots and the "firefly" disappeared. Strangely loud gunshot came from somewhere near, but Fire already lost his sense of reality. He watched at the starry skies lying on the warm snowy field. No more raiders or sawmills. It was just a bad dream.

“STOP, RIGHT, THERE!” Fire heard the mare's voice behind him. It was strangely familiar to the one that he heard in the Canterlot...

“Princess!?” he asked bewildered, lifting his head. Fire turned and saw Princess Luna, her horn glowed brightly with turquoise-blue light and she was quite tensed.

“Don't you dare to lose consciousness!” she shouted, her horn glowing brighter. Fire was completely stunned. “A bit more!” Luna shouted spreading her wings. She flapped hopping right close to him. “Wake up!” she hit him on the croup with her hoof. He shrieked in surprise. Cold wind once again hit him in the muzzle.


First March heard gunshot from the hut. Second later she noticed a flash on the right side of the hut. She peeked out and shot there from the revolver. Two more gunshots were heard from the left, soon they will be in front of wheelbarrow. Suddenly in the end of the shed something light turquoise-blue flashed with the loud shriek of Fire.


Byrk decided that now it is the moment. His horn flashed and saw started to roar, mixing with the blizzard. “Golden! Davay!” he shouted. With a light yellow flash saw was brought up with a magic quickly rushing through the broken window outside. Loud shrieks of fear came from the left side of the hut with several gunshots. Shooting came much closer to the hut.


Turquoise-blue flash soared into the skies and with the last thunder roar wind disappeared. All snow suddenly fell down in an unnatural manner, covering everycreature on the ground. Fire jumped up and noticed to the hut's left a pony with a rifle, in horror looking at the blood-stained saw chain. A pile of snow close to him was covered in blood. Close to the hut entrance there was a pile of snow behind the wheelbarrow. Several crystal ponies were hiding behind the trees not far away from the pegasi in the Whinnyapolian uniform. All gunshots went quiet as all ponies suddenly were able to see their surroundings. Fire felt the pain on his croup and fell behind the log.

“Fire! Rifle!” a voice shouted behind him as gunshots roared again. Something heavy have fallen close to the Fire. Unicorn raised his head noticing Night. He wasn't moving, holding rifle in his teeth. There's a raider, a thought rushed in his mind. He took rifle with his magic and checked the bolt.

March shook off the snow and searched for revolver. She crawled from behind the wheelbarrow and noticed a terrified pony with smoking rifle in front of her. He looked at her with his wild eyes and turned the rifle in her direction. Loud gunshot came from the shed, pony's eyes froze and he fell on his side. March gazed at the shed seeing Fire with "Lily" peeking from the log. Her gaze fell on the revolver on a distance of an outstretched hoof. March quickly grabbed it and peered around the corner to see three raiders hiding from the pegasi wing behind the trees.

“Get out of here!” shouted Sturdy from the hut shooting his double-barrel from the window to the crystal unicorn behind the tree. Pony only managed to scream in fear. Two bullets immediately landed next to the window.

Fire saw five crystal ponies behind the trees from his side. One of them aiming at him. He barely had time to hide before a bullet whizzed over his horn. He jerked the bolt handle and crawled along the log to the right side.

March fired a single aimed shot from the revolver before hiding behind the corner. Some disordered screaming and shouting came from the raiders. Several bullets landed on the hut and on the Fire's log. From the roof of the second hut came a single shot. It was a pegasus who returned with a second rifle.

Several shots fired from the forest. Somepony loudly screamed. Fire peeked with one eye out of the log and saw a raider hastily reloading his rifle. He was covered by the hut from the other raiders now. Fire showed his head and brought rifle to aim. Come on, it's like in the shooting range, he tried to reassure himself. Exhale and shot. Raider gasped in surprise when his rifle's stock shattered in two. Fire immediately ducked down and continued his way to the other side, clinging the bolt handle. Second shot came from the pegasus on the roof.

Another shot from the hut, three shots from the forest. One bullet flew through the hut breaking window on the door's side and landing right into the log in front of the Fire's tail in a way that he twitched. March galloped switching the corner and now looking on the left side of the hut. She nearly got the bullet, destined for her when she looked around the corner. Not hesitating, she drew her revolver shooting at the crystal pegasus, who tried to get closer. He screamed in pain.

“We surrender!” shouted somepony from the forest in unison with 5 shots from pegasi wing. Somepony screamed in pain again.

“Drop ya'r weapons!” a shout came from pegasi. Fire crawled to the right side and peeked out seeing a raider who threw his rifle away. Fire drew "Lily" to aim without the intention to shoot. March checked her side seeing two crystal ponies dropping their weapons and moaning pegasus on the ground.

Pegasus on the roof shouted, “Central one hasn't dropped!”

“Drop it!” shouted another pegasus.

“Show ya'rself!” shouted the first pegasus, who commanded to drop weapons. Raiders from March's side left their covers. “On the ground!” — he commanded. Raiders obeyed.

“Traitors!” shouted somepony in the centre, gunshot from the hut followed. Earthpony on the Fire's side started to gallop away.

“Get him!” shouted third pegasus and two of them got off, quickly reaching and pinning the raider to the ground.