• Published 16th Sep 2012
  • 604 Views, 2 Comments

A Place For My Thoughts - Cavemonkynick



The Journal of Devin Windelbane

  • ...
 2
 604

Progress

Spring, Week 11, Day 1, Year 990 of Celestia’s Reign (CR)

These last two weeks, sweet Celestia, these last two weeks… I’m surprised my wings haven’t fallen clean off yet. So this therapy involves me pushing my wings to my limits to break the muscles down then the unicorn overseeing me straps me into some magic… thing that is supposed to speed up the healing process. The whole idea is to train the muscles to do it themselves since they didn’t learn when I was developing or something. All I know is it is painful and exhausting.

But according to the doc’s, it’s working. Up to this point we’ve been doing sessions every other day but after tomorrow they want to dial it back to once a week. This means I can start my training with the Lunar Guard.

I sense more pain in my future.

All complaining aside though, I’m really happy here. Shining is a blast to be around, even if he did spend the first few days of my therapy poking fun at me because I couldn’t move. The docs are great about working with me and keeping me from killing myself. Shimmering Sky even stopped by the other day to see how I was adjusting to life on the ground. Everypony around here is convinced that it’s reality shattering for me coming straight from Cloudsdale but to be honest, the only thing that really stands out to me is I’m not the only one walking home now instead of flying. Ok, so maybe I was a little mesmerized by the plants at first but it was definitely intrigue and not culture shock.

Speaking of home, my dad wrote back to me. He said he was glad I was safe and while he didn’t like that I snuck off he understood and respected my decision. He also said that no matter what, if I ever needed it I’d always have a home with him. I’ll be honest, when I read that I almost cried. Knowing my dad is behind me… it means the whole world to me. As soon as I have the strength to do it on my own, I’m gonna fly up to Cloudsdale to see him. Right, well, early day tomorrow, time for some shut eye.