• Published 8th Apr 2022
  • 380 Views, 16 Comments

Torn Too Soon - wileytwily



Pinkie and Twilight have feelings for each other, but it may be too late before they realize.

  • ...
3
 16
 380

Awoken Feelings

Everyone gasped and she was suddenly flooded with questions and reactions.
“Woah, really? Another Pinkie?” Rainbow Dash exclaimed.
“I’d love to babysit for you once they’re born!” Fluttershy offered.
“Oh, deary me! Do you know if it’s a girl or a boy yet?” Rarity asked.
“Wow! I never woulda guessed that you’d be a momma! You’ll be a great one, I’m sure!” Applejack encouraged.


Twilight stayed quiet and simply smiled. She was happy for the couple of course, but why is she thinking about Pinkie in that way again? It’s been years.
Imagining them with a family. With kids. Happy together.
No. Twilight thought as she kept her winning princess smile. That ship has long sailed. It’s over.


“Yeah, we’re super excited!” Cheese Sandwich cheered. “We’re gonna have our own lil’ cheese!”
“I just found out, so it’ll be a while until we meet ‘em, but for now we can plan!” Pinkie added on.
“Have you figured out a name, yet?” Rarity asked. “Duh!” Cheese Sandwich retorts. “Lil’ Cheese!” Pinkie and Cheese say in unison.
“Wait… That’s not a nickname?” Rainbow Dash inquired.
“Kinda! Their full name will be Lillith Cheesington.” Pinkie replied.
“What if it’s a boy?” Applejack asked.
“Hmm.. Louise Cheesington!”
They all laughed and congratulated her, but as everyone was leaving, Pinkie couldn’t help but notice that Twilight almost hadn’t said a word. She replied to some stuff, and reacted, but never spoke outright.


Pinkie stood at the doorway by Sugarcube Corner, watching her friends walk away.
“Sugar lumps?” Cheese Sandwich called out. “Is everything okay?”
“Uhuh!” Pinkie called back. “Just gimme one minute!” she said as she started lightly sprinting to Twilight.


Twilight felt a tug on her tail and turned around to see a very out of breath Pinkie Pie.
“Pinkie! What are you doing? You can’t run like that while being newly pregnant! You see, the foal needs time to-“
“Twilight, shuttup for a second okay?!” Pinkie blurted out, much to Twilight’s surprise. “Sorry, mood swings I guess. Why were you so quiet in there?”
“Ah, guess I’m just tired. You know me, stayed up way too late studying!” Twilight said in an almost convincing voice but then let out an awkward chuckle that gave away her ruse.


“You’re not.. upset about me and Cheese having a baby, are you?”
“No! Not at all! Why would I be upset about that?” Twilight retorted back. And it’s what she meant, but deep deep down in her inner psyche, she was the tiniest bit upset.
Pinkie turned away from her. “Let me remind you that it was you who rejected me.”
“What? What are you talking about??? This isn’t about that at all!”
“Oh, isn’t it?” Pinkie countered. “You looked slightly uncomfortable the entire time, but enjoying yourself! And I know when you’re slightly uncomfortable but enjoying yourself, you’re hiding something! What is it, Twilight? Spill it!”


Twilight’s ears slowly drooped as she looked to Pinkie. “I don’t know why I feel upset, okay? I don’t want to feel like this. I’m happy for you two, genuinely I am, but my brain is putting images in my head I don’t want.”
“Like what???”
“Like us being in a family! I know it never could work out but that doesn’t mean I ever lost feelings!” Twilight nearly shouted.


Pinkie looked at her dead on. “You missed your chance. I don’t want to see you for a while.” Pinkie turned around and started walking back.
“What??? No, Pinkie! This is a misunderstanding! I’m happy for you, really I am! I don’t know why I-“ The door slammed. “-think this way…” Twilight looked longingly at the closed door before turning around and walking back.