• Published 8th Apr 2022
  • 380 Views, 16 Comments

Torn Too Soon - wileytwily



Pinkie and Twilight have feelings for each other, but it may be too late before they realize.

  • ...
3
 16
 380

The Beginning

Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle were two members of the saviors of Equestria, the Elements of Harmony, and the most iconic pony group around. They and their friends have defeated villains stronger than themselves and saved the world time and time again. Yet, something as simple as a crush felt too scary to ever pursue.

Pinkie Pie had always taken a liking to Twilight. From the moment she first saw her in Ponyville, she knew she was somepony special and was honored to become her friend later on. Pinkie loved her dorky personality and teased her relentlessly with her randomness, but she was sure that Twilight hadn’t liked her back, so kept the crush quiet and only told one other pony- her most trusted sister, Maud Pie. Maud had always supported her sister in her love endeavors, but was worried she was going to get herself hurt.

As for Twilight, she’d almost never admit that she had it bad for Pinkie. At first, she was heavily in denial about these feelings and had (regretfully), treated her harshly the first month or so of knowing her, trying to push away the growing feelings. Though, obviously that didn’t work. There was just something about Pinkie’s spontaneous and bubbly personality that Twilight couldn’t figure out. And that fascinated her more. She wouldn’t ever admit these feelings directly to her, either out of anxiety, or a fear of commitment that she didn’t realize she had. Though, that didn’t stop her from quietly pining.


Completely unbeknownst to each other, they had mutual feelings. Pinkie’s crush seemed obvious to few, but others couldn’t see it. Twilight dared not to show hers.
And that’s all it was for a while, a small crush that no one would know about. After Twilight became a princess, their crushes distanced more due to her having a busy life.
But, once a stallion rolled his way into town, everything changed.


Cheese Sandwich was the name, and party planning was his game. He was the perfect match for Pinkie, even Twilight could see that. Though, for some reason, it still hurt every time she thought of them spending a life together. It’s not like she would ever make an advancement towards Pinkie, right?

Pinkie initially wasn’t interested in Cheese Sandwich in that way. She liked him a lot but saw him more as a friend. Once other ponies started lightly teasing her about a possible relationship between the two is only when she contemplated the idea.
It didn’t seem unfitting. Cheese and her had almost everything in common and have lots of fun together. But, whenever Pinkie thought about Cheese, a certain purple alicorn would pop into her head instead.


“I don’t get it, Maud.” Pinkie Pie whined to her sister. “I thought I was over Twilight! Now when I’m trying to move on, she keeps popping into my head!” Whenever Pinkie has these problems, she takes the train to the old rock farm because Maud is the only one she can confide in with this. Maud glanced at Pinkie, seeing how distressed she was. “Pinkie Pie, I think you need to tell her.” she flatly responded.
“Yeah, yeah, Maud. You always say that!” Pinkie replied in annoyance, rubbing her head trying to get the image of Twilight out. Maud had usually suggested it, most of the time it being sarcastic. “No, I’m serious.” Maud spoke. This got Pinkie’s attention as she looked to Maud, now listening.
“I’m not saying you should try and date her, but this emotional baggage will follow you until you get it off your chest. Twilight really cares about you, I can tell.” Maud said. “I doubt she would be upset if you confessed, even if she did reject you.”
Slowly, Pinkie Pie nodded. “You’re right, sis. I just don’t know if I’m ready.” Maud simply put a hoof around Pinkie.
“You don’t have to be.”