• Published 2nd Apr 2022
  • 2,639 Views, 18 Comments

Tom and Jerry: Everfree-For-All - TheLegendaryBillCipher



Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie are sent on a friendship mission - only to encounter a cat and mouse.

  • ...
2
 18
 2,639

01 Everfree-For-All

The Everfree Forest on the edge of Ponyville was known for its strange plants, and it’s even stranger creatures. Ponies left it well enough alone, unless one of their own was in trouble or they wanted to pay the reclusive Zecora a visit.

But deep in the forest wandered the strangest creature of all: a little brown mouse named Jerry.

Jerry wasn’t like most mice. He walked upright as he strolled through the forest, flinching at every little sound coming from the brush. He’d managed to find himself a little path towards what he hoped was civilization.

What he didn’t know, however, was a dangerous predator was following close behind.

A shadow ducked behind trees and into bushes as it followed Jerry, making sure to keep just out of sight of the cautious mouse. Its yellow eyes were wide with hunger, its irises green with greed.

And then, it pounced!

Jerry narrowly dodged the clutches of a blueish-grey tomcat – named Tom of all things. He too walked upright, but for the sake of keeping pace with his nimble foe, he ran on all fours. He chased Jerry around a tree…

Only for a branch the clever mouse had held back to swing and smack him in the face. Jerry only got a few paces head start before the cat shook off the blow and continued his pursuit.

The trees grew sparser until they found themselves on the edge of the wood line. A wooden fence lay ahead of them. Jerry ducked under the lowest bar, while Tom vaulted over the top.

Their chase continued on into the endless rows of apple trees past the fence.


Pinkie Pie hummed merrily as she bounced into Twilight’s castle, a tray of freshly baked cupcakes bouncing along with her, perched precariously on top of her muzzle.

“Hey, Twilight,” she said in a singsong voice as she bounced into the Cutie Map room. Twilight was seated at her usual seat – after all, it was marked with her cutie mark. “I brought you some fresh cupcakes.”

Twilight set down the book she was reading. “Oh, thanks Pinkie. I could use a snack right about now.”

“Why are you reading in the map room? Don’t you have an entire library to read in?” Pinkie asked, her dexterous hair set the tray on the Cutie Map.

Twilight watched it, but out of experience with such Pinkie-related things said nothing. “Well, I figured I’d read in here in case there was an emergency.”

Pinkie tilted her head and popped an entire cupcake in her mouth. “Like what?”

There came a faint humming from the map as it activated, creating a holographic map of Equestria. A trio of party balloons and a trio of pink butterflies flickered into existence over Ponyville – the same party balloons glowed on Pinkie’s flank.

“Oh hey, a friendship emergency!” Pinkie remarked, glancing back at her backside.

“It looks like… you and Fluttershy. In Ponyville?” Twilight grunted as she slouched back in her seat. “Drat.”

“Don’t worry, Twilight. I’m sure the map will call you to a mission soon. Now where is—”

The door opened with a slam as a panting, flustered Pegasus flew into the room. “I-I’m here!” Fluttershy gasped. “Where’s the emergency?”

“Right here in Ponyville!” Pinkie chirped.

“Oh. That’s a relief.” Fluttershy landed next to Pinkie, quickly flushing with embarrassment. “I-I mean that it’s in town and not… abroad…” She trailed off into quiet muttering.

“Good luck you two. I’m sure you’ll be able to find it and solve it, wherever it is,” Twilight said with a reassuring smile.

As Pinkie and Fluttershy exited the room, Twilight returned to her book with a sigh. “I wonder who it could be…” she muttered to herself, glancing at the map.

Author's Note:

I've had this idea sitting on my desktop for over a year (since 08/07/20 in fact), perfect time to finally sit down and write it.