• Published 2nd Apr 2022
  • 728 Views, 62 Comments

Supermare, last daughter of Krypton - Guillermo



Coco Pommel knew she was special since she was just a filly. She could do things that others couldn't, and now that she was an adult, she would use those abilities for good. She would become Supermare.

  • ...
1
 62
 728

Symbol of hope

Coco stared wide-eyed at the pony in front of her, unsure how she should proceed.

"My... my father?"

"Yes... At least, a shadow of what Jor-El was, his consciousness... By inserting the command key, I was able to upload into its internal system and manifest myself."

Coco nodded slowly, getting the idea. Although he was him, he acted and looked like her biological father, or so she believed, he was really just part of the ship. She didn't know whether to be excited to finally meet him, or disappointed that he was nothing more than a super advanced artificial intelligence.

"I know you will have plenty of questions, and I am here to answer them, my little Kara."

Coco blinked, raising an eyebrow, perhaps...

"Kara? That... Is that...?"

"Your name... Kara-El, the last daughter of the House of El."

Coco heard the name... her name. She gulped as she watched her father, hundreds of questions trying to come out at once, questions she had asked herself countless times.

"Where am I from?... Why did you send me here?"

Jor-El nodded, pointing behind Coco, and turning, she saw that the huge gray sphere was taking shape, its surface becoming covered in the image of continents, seas, islands, an entire planet.

"You are from Krypton, a world much more hostile than Equs" more tendrils emerged from the ground, some becoming planets, some possessing symbols that Coco did not recognize and others the same 'S', others in ships, which addressed the first. "Once, our race expanded to the stars, colonizing new worlds, and for a hundred thousand years, our civilization prospered. This ship was one of thousands that were sent into space, preparing everything and waiting for a representative of House of El came to take care of everything."

"But it never happened" said Coco as she looked at her father with confusion. "The ship said the engines hadn't fired in millennia."

Jor-El was silent for a few seconds before speaking.

"There was a catastrophe in one of the planetary colonies" he said as he pointed to one of the worlds, which it changed its symbol to one that Coco recognized, an omega. "That caused the Council of Sages at the time to ban space exploration and order all kryptonians to return to Krypton."

The ships began to return to the sphere that represented Krypton, sinking into it while the rest of the planets returned to their liquid state and fell to the ground.

"For almost 10,000 years, our civilization stagnated, our culture, our science, everything remained exactly the same for millennia. In the end, our natural resources were exhausted and the Council, in a desperate act, decided to drill into the core, ignoring my warnings. ."

Huge machines arose at the poles and equators of the planet, firing beams of energy to pierce the crust to the core. Nearby, the gray liquid rose and transformed into two ponies, one was Jor-El, another, an earth pony mare, and between the two of them, they held a small filly, Coco didn't need to be told who she was.

"Knowing the catastrophe that was coming, we decided to send you here" the representations of her parents raised the filly, who entered a ship and flew away, quickly disappearing and returning to the ground in liquid form. "I knew that here, you would go unnoticed, the ponies are physically the same as us."

"If that's true... why am I so different from them?"

Jor-El let out a small chuckle as the representation of Krypton faded and split into four forms, on the right, an earth pony, a unicorn, and a pegasus, and on the left, a representation of Coco herself.

"Physically, on the outside, we are the same, but our biology is very different. For starters, your molecular density is much higher than that of a pony, which makes you more resistant. And since this planet has a gravity lower and a richer atmosphere than on Krypton, it gives you an advantage, but that's just the tip of the iceberg."

The three ponies disappeared and instead gathered into a huge sphere from which a single tendril sprouted and joined the representation of Coco.

"Our race has a very unique ability, our cells are capable of storing the energy of the stars, and depending on the type of star, we would have some effects or others. For example, Krypton orbited around Rao, a red giant..."

"Wait, it was orbiting the star?" Coco asked doubtfully, making Jor-El chuckle to himself.

"Right, I figured we'd get to this part sooner or later. This planet is the only one in the galaxy, and dare I say in the universe, where it's the star that orbits the planet."

Coco looked at her father with a raised eyebrow, but nodded. After everything she had heard, she wasn't going to be skeptical about a detail like that. When he saw that his daughter was paying attention to him again, Jor-El continued.

"As I was saying, Rao was a red giant, so the radiation we absorbed was practically zero, so we were as weak as ponies, although at least they have a greater connection with magic" Rao's representation shrank and almost twenty more tendrils joined the representation of Coco, who deduced that it now represented the sun. "Here, instead, the planet has a yellow star, barely out of infancy in stellar terms. Your cells have absorbed all that extra radiation, giving strength to your skin, your muscles, your senses, here you have become stronger than I could ever have imagined."

Coco carefully observed the hologram that represented her, listening, finally she had an answer to why she was so different. Her gaze went to her father, especially to the 'S' on his chest.

"What does the 'S' stand for? I have it for a cutie mark, but I don't know..."

"Cutie mark?" Jor-El interrupted with a raised eyebrow, causing Coco to look at him in confusion.

"Yes, cutie mark" she said as she showed him hers, which Jor-El studied with interest. "You know, it shows up when you discover your special talent."

"Interesting" said Jor-El. "Kryptonians don't have cutie marks. My guess is that since Equs is a planet with a magical field infinitely more powerful than Krypton, your body will have absorbed that magic and generated its own over time, allowing you to have a cutie mark. And to answer your question, it's not an 'S'" the stallion brought a hoof to his chest, patting the symbol. "The symbol of the House of El symbolizes hope, hope that, in each one of us, there is a force at the service of good. That is what you will bring to the world, my little Kara."

"What?"

"You are the last of the House of El, and as such, the last to bear the symbol of hope. You will bring that hope to the ponies, you will be a source of inspiration, an example to follow."

"Are you sure? I don't know if... I don't know if I will live up to your expectations" Coco said with concern, to which Jor-El shook his head.

"You don't have to be, my little Kara. I understand the enormous weight I am placing on your shoulders. I will understand if you don't want to take on that responsibility."

Coco was silent for a few minutes, thinking. Be a beacon of hope and a source of inspiration for the ponies? She didn't think she lived up to that, but… wasn't her cutie mark the symbol of his family? Moreover, it was the symbol of hope, and it got it by saving a life. If it was her destiny to become that symbol of hope, then she would do it without hesitation. The mare raised her head and looked at her father with determination in her eyes.

"That I have to do?"

Author's Note:

I am sorry that it is so short, a family problem has arisen that has not allowed me to write throughout the day and I am exhausted. But I didn't want to leave you without your daily ration, so here it is. Sorry for not being the usual size, tomorrow, maybe, I'll go back to the average length of 3000 words per chapter.