• Published 28th Mar 2022
  • 315 Views, 6 Comments

Wings of Love - Starry Hope



2 ponies, 2 lives and a single event to bring each other together. Sweet Nightingale and Rage Quit tell the tale of their lives before they met each other, when they were seperated and what their lives were like before they fell in love.

  • ...
2
 6
 315

2 1's and 0's the mare who changed my views. (Rage Quit)

"Dude get up, you're gonna be late!" I heard banging on my door as my brain slowly turned back on. I would rather just sleep, let me just sleep. I muttered as I rolled my head on the side and groaned as the knocking kept going on. "Alright Rage I ain't waking you up then. You can miss school then." The voice said and I opened my eyes already irritated on the fact that they woke me up already. Spending all night calibrating the newest game idea I had prepared which in a sense drained all energy or even strength I had left to just poof into dust. Getting off my bed I dead trotted over to my desk while avoiding the mess of game controllers, papers and even old tech equipment and my blurry vision, to grab a bottle of eye drops and held it up and then put 1 in each eye. I blinked with relief until my vision became clearer than a level in a game that was polished for 3 years. "You coming or what Rage?" I turned my head and noticed a grey stallion in my room looking at me all dressed up. His blue coat nearly buttoned up and almost didn't show his white sweater inside of it. His mane and tail all nicely done and it almost looked like he did something else to it, cause it looked even more fancy than how he usually looked. His name was Crimsonbolt, some writer that I had as a roommate.

Though we bickered and fought almost everyday. He was quite the experienced writer and usually was always hoof first in a book or helping somepony and usually getting in trouble cause of it. "What time is it?" I said as I grabbed my brush and straightened up my not so long mane and tail. "Dude, don't you remember. Today is the first day of college, didn't you even read the message I posted on your computer?" Bolt said and I just turned my head back and looked at my computer that stared at me in a bright red icon facing me. Upon it I noticed a message written detailing the location of the school, times and even what classes. Bolt took it to a whole new level. Guess I shouldn't expect from the apparent star student of his classes. I muttered and just laughed afterwards ditching the thoughts and he walked away, leaving me to pack my things up and grabbing only my notebook and portable tablet for me to work on and my coat cause it was suppose to be cold today.

Leaving the house and packing my thoughts of anything was harder, especially from what happened yesterday. Me and Crimson spent the entire night working on the newest game he wanted to make, some kind of adventure game he was jumping up and down like a filly on sugar. He even kept talking about it on the way to college while I constantly rolled my eyes with every idea no matter how big or small. To him as he would quote. Every idea is a good idea. There are no bad ideas only ideas that can go terribly wrong, if you got that mindset than nothing can stand in your way.. I said to myself and would always laughed at it but he kept a smile on his face. Though I knew his past and his pains... he still keeps his head up higher than the clouds, smiling even at the darkest of times. "OH SHOOT!" Bolt exclaimed as he turned his head to show his watch to read...

"5 minutes till class begins!" Bolt screamed as his wings sprang out where I noticed him wince from the pain but didn't care and tried to fly up, only to fall on his face. Bolt.... I muttered as I watched him begin to panic and I began to worry if he would go into a trigger. Especially since he didn't have his calming item to keep him from losing it. "Dude c'mon, just lets run it... we should be able to make it if we bolt it" I said trying to laugh and he slightly smiled and after cleaning him up a bit, we began to trot slowly until he fully booked it. I followed right behind feeling my hooves slowly burning from the amount of exercise from it until we saw the college. Upon reaching the door I stopped for a break or even to catch any of my breath. But Crimson opened the door and told me to hurry up. He only cares about school huh...?

I muttered and he didn't even noticed and continued to scan each room as he ran around like a mare with it's head off. My hooves were sore with every other step cause of how much we ran. Finally reaching the door I tried to open it but the door was shut, locked even. "We can't be late... can we?" Bolt said I turned back to him and smiled. His face looked with worry as I backed up a bit and ran to the door and smashed into it trying to bust it open. "DUDE! You can't go and break down doors!" Bolt yelled at me but I turned and smiled again. "You wanted to get to class, guess we got to fight our way in." I said with a smile and he laughed as he joined me.

"Okay on 3. 1...2...3!" I said and we both charged into it, but then I heard the door unlock and before I could stop we tumbled through the door. "WAIT FOR US!" I screamed to anypony who could've saw me and bolt come flying through the room crashing and tumbling through the floor. When I finally came to, I looked up to see.... A mare, a beautiful mare staring at me with a look of confusion. My heart skipped 2 beats as I stared at her with a look of complete shock. She's... beautiful* I said to myself not caring on who would hear the words. "Dude, next time you decide to run into a door, DON'T change your mind mid run." Bolt said as I looked at him and how dirty he was from our rude entrance. "Ah Rage and Bolt... glad to see you 2 finally made it.... 30 minutes after class started" A pony said and when I turned my head after staring at the mare in front of me almost a little too creepy. I noticed a stallion standing there looking at us. "Uhh, yeah... we kind of lost track of time." I said trying to laugh through it, but I heard a slight sigh behind me and turned and nearly caught a slight smile from her. "Well, I should have you 2 expelled for the damages you did... but you cannot expel what hasn't fully entered yet." The stallion said and after getting our cards and disappearing like a wizard. (Really weird and if I was a Unicorn I would SO do that.) We all left for the photos.. As the mare walked in front of us, I barely couldn't take my eyes off of her... but she was in front so it looked like I was...

"If your gonna stare at her flank all day, at least say something so you don't look like a weirdo." Bolt said and she turned around and I stroke a death glare to bolt the second the words came out of his mouth. Not the time bolt! I knocked his hoof and muttered under my breath. She continued to walk and I stared still, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. "Did you hear her name... apparently it's Nightingale, Sweet Nightingale" Bolt said and that name stuck with me. upon reaching the door I went to grab the handle but Nightingale grabbed it also and our hooves touched. Don't say anything stupid... don't say anything stupid. I said to myself as I tried to come up with a means to counter this. "Uh, oh sorry. I..uh, didn't mean to.. y'know, touch your hoof like that." She looked at me with confusion and opened it and walked inside. Bolt came and flicked his tail to my head. "Real smooth Romeo" He said as he laughed and I felt my stomach curl as I walked inside.

Upon entering and being the last ponies inside we felt like complete outcasts and then I began to notice Bolt was starting to shake out of fear. I wanted to hold his head up and his say he was fine.. but he was more worried than anything. But he seemed to calm down thankfully and I sighed in relief. It's bad enough that we look like fools, it would be worse I said to myself as we listened to the final message and then we got our picture's. Even though Bolt thought it would've been a smart idea to push me right into Nightingales photo as a joke which made things even more... awkward. But when I offered her the chance to make fun of mine, she took it to a whole new level. Upon that we ended up walking home and Bolt kept laughing at me for how I was acting. "Dude you looked so confused today... you've should've seen your face." He said laughing nearly even choking on his breath. But when we did get home, he was inside his room working on Celestia knows what while I went into my room and pulled out my journal.

I wanted to write inside my emotions or even what happened but it was like I had so many I couldn't find which ones made more sense. But over time I finally got something and reading back over it made me sound pretty crazy. At the bottom was a small little pony though badly drawn was suppose to be all 3 of us. Nightingale, me and Bolt. But then I could hear crying... no it was screaming. My eyes widen and I knew exactly what this was. Bolt... My mind raced out of thinking of Nightingale and ran to him opened his door and saw him on the floor screaming and kicking around, like a young filly scared of the dark.... cause he was. "Don't touch me!" Bolt screamed as he was begging for the lights to be turned on. I complied and turned them on and after a good 30 seconds of him breathing slowly and me comforting him by speaking to him in a light tone and not touching him. He seemed to calm down. "Are you okay?" I asked concerned as he got up and walked in circles in his room.

"I can't get these nightmares out of my head. I thought that I could be healed by simply taking that horrible medication." Bolt said as he began to cry and I could feel the heart begin to crush inside from it. "I... just want to be free." Bolt said and I leaned in to hold his shoulder but he shook as I got closer so I distanced myself from it. "You'll be able to, remember you got a friend like me. Remember our promise?" I said with a slight tearful voice unable to bear that they did this to him. He nodded and got up and walked over to his desk and I followed behind him.

"I just... thought about what life is gonna be like after this. Can I really heal, could I become somepony like you, one who doesn't get scared when somepony touches them, who can smile everyday?" He said slightly sniffling with every 5 words. "Would you ever forget me?" Bolt said and I knew this was the right time. I leaned closer and held my hoof to his heart and looked at him. "Hey, I ain't going anywhere. Your stuck with me forever, remember were the Raging Bolts." I said laughing and he chuckled and wiped his face from the tears. I can't leave him, he is a brother to me. One I cannot abandon" I said to myself and he walked back to his shelf and grabbed a little pony figure and handed it to me. "I forgot to mention, I repaired him... you can have him back now." Bolt said and I laughed seeing my old Calamity action figure from years back. I had gotten 2 but Bolt got none so I gave him one but he lost it when he left, so I finally gave him mine. Though it sucked, I wanted him to be happy.

I didn't really do much after except for talking to Bolt about game ideas, level progress and even the final boss design. Afterwards he went to bed, I had to watch him until he was fully out before I even THOUGHT about bed. He was like a child to me, one who always was suffering cause of his pains. I went back to our kitchen grabbed a bottle of apple cider and went into my room and went into my coat and pulled out my student ID with Nightingale there, smiling and me looking shocked. Heh, your something Nightingale.

I muttered to myself and finally caught myself.

AGH! I can't have emotions for her.... this isn't right, NO it can't be.... is it? I said to myself as I put my card down and began to question things... I had... something for her, and it was the FIRST day.... I still had 279 days left of college and if I felt this way NOW, I was screwed. I just sighed... packed my stuff for tomorrow and decided to just leave it for tomorrow, if I could even sleep or even make it through the day.

Author's Note:

Journal Entry 1

"Dear Mom, I know I haven't made these in so long, but I wanted you to know something. I started my first ever semester of college.... YAY! Bolt and I got accepted and he's been getting better. I haven't lost faith that he can heal from his past. The doctors told us the truth about his... sigh It doesn't matter anymore, so long as he is away from them and is free. I am happy. But I met a mare, her name is Sweet Nightingale... a wonderful and beauty to me... my heart shattered when I saw her in a good way. I think.... I, NO... that's not it. I just saw somepony that looked cute and it happened, I don't think it's true. I wanted you to know that I am doing better here and wanted to make sure you are happy where you are with dad. I'll come and visit one day when I got the time, maybe Bolt can come back and say hi. He's been able to talk to ponies and even sometimes lets me hug him or even hoofbump him which shows progress and even that he is able to actually get over some of the pains and heal.. But the triggers have been getting worse, he sometimes will breakdown from a simple thing like a leaf touching him. I need to be more cautious cause he's gonna be in classes where I am not gonna be there, we are gonna go tomorrow and find a custom item for him so he can use it as his stress relief, one that isn't a giant pony he has by his bed. How or WHY we even bought it was a mystery, but so long as he can heal... every bit helps him, cause I can't abandon him... I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did."



Love you always

Rage Quit