• Published 31st Mar 2022
  • 871 Views, 28 Comments

Enforcing Change - Scootaboom1



By pretending to have a special power to explain his knowledge Nightlight manipulates everyone around him for the future.

  • ...
7
 28
 871

Chapter 13 Twilight Sparkle and Friends (rewrite)

Nightlight

As time passed I started to see Shining Armor develop the interests he had in the show and comics.

When Shining Armor was a year and a half Starlight Glimmer and Sunburst were born. I order to not have to do it later I sent a shadow copy to each of them right away. I even had one extra to stay around their town for when the time comes.

The first among the main six to be born was Fluttershy when Shining was three. The next a year later was Pinkie Pie and a month later Rainbow Dash.

Trick Star had ended up in a encounter with the receptionist from before but she wanted nothing to do with their daughter.

Trick Star couldn't afford to pay for both himself and Trixie so I anonymously helped him out by informing the princess that she would do important things in the future.

She raised an eyebrow at that and asked if I was just trying to help a friend.

I corrected her by explaining that Trick Star and I hate each other but get along really well for some reason.

I decided to use the receptionist for something I was planning. Though I will have to keep quiet on that one so that I won't be connected to her disappearance.

But finally the little lavender unicorn Twilight Sparkle is born.

You know Shining Armor was really looking forward to having a little sibling.

I on the other hoof am questioning my decision making abilities. Since I always knew that foals were terrifying, but now more than ever do I understand why characters seemed to have such large age gaps between siblings.

Though I also happened to learn where Spikes egg came from.

Garble

When my parents made me come along with them to check out the migration route I was peeved.

I mean really why did I have to come along. I wasn't even allowed to raid some small villages.

The only good thing that came out of this was that the wind revealed some cool things in the sand.

It looked like some kind of battle occurred out here in the middle of nowhere.

I knew that I couldn't take everything with me so I had to look for the best stuff among it all.

Most of it was nothing to interesting with the exception of an awesome shield. I think it's fire proof or something.

When considering what else to take a scratchy voice told me that I had good taste.

Turning to the voice I saw some kind of fabric with a face.

I was a little confused about what I was looking at but before I could say anything it began to tell me about the shield.

It was called the Talos. A pony artifact that was used by some pony named Flash Magnus. About how he was a member of some kind of group called the Pillar of Unity who sacrificed themselves to seal away something called the Pony of Shadows.

In irritation I told him that I don't care and that it was now mine.

It had what I could only guess was a look of confusion and laughed.

I prepared for a fight when it said I must protect it for the sake of the future.

Now I was confused.

It's voice grow somber and it began to speak.

Apparently this Pony of Shadows will be unleashed and when it is it will begin it's plans to shroud the whole world in darkness and despair.

Using magic it made a world map covered it in a shroud of shadows.

When it did this it felt like something was crushing my heart making it so I couldn't breathe.

It then told me that I must hold on to it until the dragon Spike and a rainbow maned pegasus come to claim it.

It told me about how this dragon Spike would help save the Crystal Empire from the Tyrant King Sombra and that he would succeed Dragon Lord Torch.

It also told me about how I would meet him and how it must go.

I just wanted the crushing feeling to end so I agreed and honestly this Pony of Shadows thing was starting to get to me.

I told the thing that I would take it's quest and vowed upon my dragon code.

As it saying how glad it was it suddenly looked north.

When I asked what was wrong it said that its' 'hatchling' sitter has been trapped in a horror novel.

I don't even want to know, but apparently it was proud of her already.

Without me noticing my mother landed behind me and asked if I was busy so we could leave and move on.

When I noticed her raise an eyebrow at the weird cloth thing I explained what happened.

She hummed in thought and asked the thing if it was looking for something it could potentially use.

It was now the things' turn to raise a eyebrow and ask what she meant.

My mom bought out an egg she said was a dud and gave it to the thing.

When it was passed the egg its' eyes widened and it said that this was Spikes' egg and teleported away.

Nightlight

When I touched the egg visions started flowing through my head and I knew that the egg I was holding was Spike.

I guess I can add those visions to the list of side effects from overuse of time magic.

Regardless I have most of the pieces I need to ensure that my plan is successful.

I really should have taken the time to ask them a bit more about dragons.

As for the remaining element bearers Rarity and then Applejack were born the year after my little Twilight.

Author's Note:

Good news the next chapter will be the start of the Cadence Arc.
yay:yay: