• Published 31st Mar 2022
  • 869 Views, 28 Comments

Enforcing Change - Scootaboom1



By pretending to have a special power to explain his knowledge Nightlight manipulates everyone around him for the future.

  • ...
7
 28
 869

Ch 23 Discord Awakens (rewrite)

Nightlight

Since Luna had returned I had became a candidate for Lunar Captain.

I was still not sure if I would take the position if offered.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to have some pony above me in the chain of command.

Yet I don't really want to deal with the added responsibilities of being captain.

Though as I think of it I would also gain additional freedoms as a result.

I would also be able to be more open about telling others what to do.

Velvet got along great with Luna too.

Hopefully we won't have to deal with the whole Tantabus situation in the future.

Velvet had always been better at the emotional stuff than me.

As for where Velvet and I will be heading to vacation well after Iron Shield retired to Van Hoover.

I had promised to get him an update on Bon Bon, or rather Sweetie Drops.

I wonder how he will feel about her being in a December-May relationship.

Well they aren't an official couple yet but they will be someday.

When the train Velvet and I would be taking arrived I noticed that the field trip from Ponyville had arrived.

Luna

I still was not sure if I would be picking a captain yet.

Nightlight was still uncertain about accepting the position and I did not know enough about the others in my guard to pick any of them.

My return was with mixed results.

Some had not even known that I had even existed.

The nobility had decayed into self absorbed fools.

I never could win with them.

And now they consider me old fashioned and out of touch whatever that means.

Despite that I am also considered a forward thinker with them somehow.

The mother of Twilight Sparkle was helping me every now and again.

At first I found it strange when I would talk with Dame Velvet.

It was as though she had known how raise the mood of one who was feeling guilt over their past actions.

I asked and she had just smiled and said that she had already had practice with Nightlight.

I knew of his origins as much as Celestia but I had not considered that Velvet could have known more.

What actions had Nightlight done in his past caused him grief?

Velvet had reminded me of his ability and asked if I understood all that would come with it.

I had admit that I was unsure of what she meant by that.

She then asked me if I had met the parents of Applejack.

I admit that I was unsure since I had been introduced to so many of her relatives.

She then asked for the names of her siblings.

I knew those Big Macintosh and Apple Bloom.

She then asked for the name of her grandmother.

Her grandmother was Granny Smith.

She then asked if I knew any of her cousins aunts or uncles.

I did not since they were lost among all the names.

It was at this point that I had realized that I had not been introduced to them at all.

It didn't make sense for them to not be there at that time made no sense.

Velvet explained that Nightlight apparently had known that something was going to happen to them but could not intervene due to the risk of adding an unnecessary variable.

This was just one example of a situation where Nightlight felt responsible for a bad situation.

I had started to understand but that was not the same as my situation.

He may have done things that he can not forgive himself for but he had reasons for them I did not have such reasons.

Nightlight

Luckily Velvet and I were already long gone by the time the crusaders were in the castle.

And as the students left the statue of Discord my shadow copies were keeping an eye on the situation.

As the statue cracked I heard a cackling laugh.

Discords body shock in unnatural ways and cracked in unsettling ways.

He started to look arou...

Discord

Boring...

I want to take over from here.

Author

Fine but we are only doing this joke once.

Discord

After I was freed from my stone prison I knew that my first course of action had to be getting rid of those blasted Elements of Harmony.

As I gazed around my surroundings I saw that I had a second shadow on the opposite side it should have been.

That alone wasn't weird.

In fact it having a sinister face and waving at me was not enough.

It was that I had nothing to do with it.

How curious.

I asked what this shadow had wanted with me.

It smiled and said in the greatest of voices my own that it was the one who would get rid of my bothersome ex mare friend.

This made me pause.

How did it know about her. *shivers*

Before I could respond it offered me a deal follow a general script and be freed again later with the answer to a question I never asked.

Or it could release her and doom us all.

I used a spell to ensure that it was telling the truth only to recoil in horror at the truth in it's words.

This thing was a demon no a devil.

It was capable of untold cruelty.

Pure evil.

I was listening.

The ultimate plan was more like basic guidelines.

I could work with this kind of plan and got to work.

This will be fun.