• Published 31st Mar 2022
  • 865 Views, 28 Comments

Enforcing Change - Scootaboom1



By pretending to have a special power to explain his knowledge Nightlight manipulates everyone around him for the future.

  • ...
7
 28
 865

Ch 19 The Hive (rewrite)

Celestia

I couldn't believe it.

He is making a weapon out of his son.

I don't know what happened but something is rubbing me the wrong way.

Iron Shield said that we knew that this kind of stuff could happen but still.

When he gets back from the Changeling Hive I am going to have a long talk with him.

Nightlight

To be honest I was still a little stressed about going to the hive.

I was using my warped true form while I was there and was not worried about the eye thing anymore but still.

It was honestly pretty interesting to see what life was like in the hive.

When Thorax said that all the ever did was hunt and train he was not wrong but it can be misleading.

The thing he doesn't really mention is what kind of training they do.

You see the changelings are a giant military so there is more to it than just fighting.

There is equipment that needs to be made and maintained.

Battle plans to write.

And young to care for.

They do have some personal time but most of it is spent with their hobbies.

The thing is that some hobbies are encouraged and anything that isn't be considered useful will cause the changeling the go through hazing.

For example Thorax learned to make his dolls in battle tactics training.

This was where changelings learned how to make and use battle maps.

I was taking a small tour of some of the locations in the hive.

I was planning to spend some time with Thorax and Pharynx.

Though to prevent it from being obvious I was going to be sharing time with unrelated nymphs selected at random.

When they arrived I informed them that we would be going out of the hive for a short excursion.

Pharynx was worried that Thorax should not leave the hive.

I assured him that there would be no danger on my excursion.

I planned to take them to different spots where they would suggest strategies for capturing the creatures there.

Then the next day they will see the hunts in action.

As the time to go out approached I asked what each of them was planning to do as they got older.

Pharynx was planning to become a member of the guard.

Though he didn't say it directly my guess was that this would let him protect Thorax from the others while at the hive.

He likely also thinks that Thorax should pick a roll that will keep him in the hive.

Of the three other nymphs the one named Mandible wish to be a hunter, using metal work to make traps.

Scorpion planned on being an assassin, with a nack for potions.

Flutter planned on being a scout, and battle tactician.

Thorax had no idea what he wanted to do.

This earned him a grilling from the others including Pharynx who said that he needed to pick a direction in life.

I decided to put a stop to it quickly.

When I had there attention I suggested that he become a long term infiltration unit.

Saying that his naturally timid disposition would work to his benefit as he could use it to have others give him space.

After that I had them follow me to begin our excursion.

As night set we were at a camp that I had them set up in a cave.

I would stay up while they went to sleep.

From behind me Pharynx walk towards me and I asked what he was doing up here and not sleeping.

When I turned to him he salute and asked for permission to speak freely.

I told him to be at ease and gave him permission.

He asked why I suggested a job that requires Thorax to leave the hive.

I told him that Thorax had a destiny outside the hive that will lead him down a path that will change the course of changeling history forever.

I knew that he had not been told about my 'prophetic power' so I explained it.

Though reluctantly he did accept it.

Though even with that he would not understand what I really meant.

After returning them to the hive I made my way back to Canterlot expecting a full lecture from Celestia.

As for Sunset Shimmer well when I learned that Celestia had her as a student I got a shadow copy in her before she left.

Celestia

When Nightlight returned I had planned to talk to him about what happened with Shining Armor.

But now I want to talk to him about Sunset Shimmer.

Sunset please be okay.

Nightlight

When I was asked if Sunset was okay I could only answer maybe.

The last time that mirror was used was when Trick Star was being an idiot.

From what I could tell this had caused a delay on the crossing.

I didn't mention this but said that that she should be okay...
...
... I think.

I blamed Trick Star.