• Published 22nd Mar 2022
  • 1,197 Views, 19 Comments

Search For The Lost Race - ClockWorkCleo



After all of the mane six turn into alicorns and not just Twilight. Celestia and Luna reveal to them the remnants of the Alicorn Draconeques war. And send them off on a journey to find more alicorns.

  • ...
2
 19
 1,197

Chapter 1: The Beginning

Author's Note:

I will be adding artwork as well as things go along! Thank you so much for reading my story and I hope you enjoy it! here is all the art linked in this chapter!

The Spell

Twilight

Fluttershy

Pinkie

Rainbow Dash

Rarity

Applejack

Celestia

Luna

Chapter 1: The Beginning

In a universe we all know well a lavender unicorn with a navy mane streaked with pink and purple named Twilight solved Starswirl’s spell and became an alicorn. This, however, is not that universe. After the Crystal Empire a different Twilight, this one a dark purple with lavender stockings and a streak up her nose between her blue eyes, her mane still navy blue, but it is now streaked with pink and a light blue. Her cutie mark still having the iconic star, although the white has been replaced by a darker pink, and the five stars now blue, arch over the main star. This Twilight insisted with Celestia, no more secrets, no more tests, Celestia needed to treat her like an actual pony not some solve all weapon to throw at things. No more putting her and her friends into danger unexpectedly. Half of them weren’t even properly trained in fighting.


Celestia agreed, although she did still hold out on one thing. She sent Twilight Starswirl’s book only telling her that it was an unsolved spell of Starswirl’s that even she and Luna could not figure out. What she did not tell Twilight was that this was a spell Starswirl has started when he was helping Celestia and Luna try to find a way to make more alicorns. Before they knew of Cadence or had thought to mentor a pony specifically for this, they had hoped to make a spell to find ponies with the capability of turning into alicorns.


Twilight, excited at the prospect of seeing some of her idols unseen work, although not so eager as to cast the spell without trying to figure it out, set to work right away. After weeks locked away in her library thinking, Pinkie, not a bubble gum pink like many are used to. Her main body being brown, with darker and lighter patches, almost like chocolate cake or a brownie. Her chest and hooves had feathers, which Twilight had always puzzled over but Pinkie always distracted her with something else. She had pink eyes, and a hot pink mane streaked with yellow and blue, she had 2 scars running along her shoulders and back but always had a different wacky story for how they got there. Her cutie mark still included her balloons, one blue one yellow. They floated above a cupcake with light pink frosting and a blue and yellow wrapper, behind the balloons and cupcake was hot pink confetti.


Pinkie Pie came to the library and dragged Twilight out by her tail and made her take a break. Come have lunch with the girls and stop stretching herself thin trying to solve this puzzle, that the longer she looked at the less it made sense. Pinkie Pie made no mention that it had been Luna who had suggested that Twilight may need a break. The dark blue alicorn with black appaloosa spots and a starlit mane had begun to be worried when she noticed how little Twilight was sleeping. It was then that the spell clicked, surrounded by her friends she realized that she, and Starswirl, had been thinking about this all wrong. She dragged her friends home with her as she set to writing, even making some changes to the original part of the spell.

From one to another,

Another to one.

The marks of our destinies,

Brought together, fulfilled.

From all of us together,

Together we are friends.

With the marks of our destinies made one,

There is magic without end.

With that Twilight asked her friends to help, through her research finding that the elements were meant to be tied to this spell. With all the elements of harmony standing in a circle, she cast the spell, beams of light shot out at each other from the elements and soon the 6 ponies had vanished, leaving a burnt-out library and a frightened dark purple dragon. When they all opened their eyes, they saw a seemingly endless void full of stars. Celestia, her orange appaloosa spots and waving sunset colored mane a contrast to Luna’s darker colors, her mane like the rising night sky. The two princesses appeared before them, looking confused, neither had known what the spell was going to do, or why it would send the mane six here. Before they could say anything though or ask Twilight what had happened, all six ponies started glowing and once again disappeared. But the two sisters felt a ringing at the base of their horns, and they looked at each other in shock and hope, as they had only felt this once before. They rushed to exit the astral plane and head to Ponyville.


Twilight opened her eyes and looked around, her vision was blurry, she had her contacts in a second ago why couldn’t she see? She saw the blurry forms of her friends and got up feeling her wings shift at her side as she did. Wait. Her wings? Her vision cleared quickly after that as she stared at her back in shock. She looked up however as she heard Rainbow Dash, a dark blue pegasus with light blue markings on her legs, belly, and face. Her primary feathers on her wings had been this same light blue but now looked as though there was a faint rainbow coming in, almost as if it was growing stronger by the moment. Her hair rainbow hair cut short besides her long tail she liked to have streaking behind her as she flew. Her cutie mark still having the iconic lightning bolt but at the end of it a sonic rainboom sprouted. and on the sides of the multicolored bolt were two light blue wings. The blue pegasus screamed and Twilight saw her with her hoof against her horn. Her horn? Oh gods what was happening. She looked around at her friends worried, all of them had wings and horns. That’s when Celestia and Luna lighted down.


Before the sisters or Twilight to get a word out attention was brought to Applejack as she also let out a similar scream to Rainbow. Applejack was a warm brown, her back half being darker while she had lighter brown freckles, as well as lighter stockings, muzzle chest, and belly. She wore a red bandana and a dark brown hat atop her blonde hair streaked with red. Her cutie mark is a heart shaped apple cut in half with green leaves falling all around. The massive brown earth pony had her new wings outstretched in a panic. the light brown on her new primaries quickly turning to orange and red.


“Celestia what’s going on? I finished the spell and we cast it and then…” Twilight trailed off and just wiggled one of her wings. Dark purple with lighter purple primaries. Well, she thought that’s what it had been a moment ago, quickly a gradient of blue and pink was appearing on her wings. Much like the gradients on Celestia and Luna’s own wings. She also noticed ponies coming out of their homes rubbing their eyes to then stare at the scene in front of them. It was the middle of the night now; it had been sunset when she cast the spell, how was it already so late?


“I think it’s best we explain everything back at the castle” Luna said quickly as Celestia was opening her mouth, Celestia looked around and saw how many ponies were leaving their homes to gawk.


“That’s probably a better idea sister.” With that Celestia pushed everyone together with a sweep of her wings and teleported. Now they were all inside Celestia’s bedroom. As Twilight was about to ask another question she stopped as Celestia and Luna embraced each other in a hug, with giant smiles on their faces.


“I knew you all had the potential but all six of you becoming alicorns at the same time was certainly unexpected.” Celestia said with an amused tone turning to the six new alicorns, who had a mix of shocked and terrified faces. Except for Pinkie, who looked seemingly upset as she looked at her new wings, her primaries turning from a light brown to a soft pink with darker hot pink tips.


“So, we’re alicorns now? I mean how did this even happen? Was the spell even meant to do that? I thought it was supposed to be a power up for the elements of harmony?” Twilight stammered now walking in circles.


“Twilight stop worrying, this is a great thing.” Celestia said putting a hoof on Twilight’s shoulder to stop her. “Me and Luna have been the only alicorns, well besides Cadence but she’s only been here for 12 years, for millenniums.” She looked at Luna sadly, “one of those I spent entirely on my own because I was foolish,” she turned back to Twilight. “But it’s finally time. After so long we will no longer be alone.” When all she got was a confused look from Twilight and her friends, she face hoofed. “I forgot they stopped teaching about the alicorn draconeques war a very long time ago.”


“Maybe we should just take them there, I haven’t gone since I’ve been back.” Luna said with a somber expression, met with even more confused looks from the six. Celestia nodded and they were once again teleported. They were on the very far east side of Equestria, or maybe not even in equestrian anymore Twilight wasn’t sure. As they looked around, they saw many statues, some crumbling from time. Celestia had her wing around Luna as they walked around and came to stop in front of two statues. Two alicorn statues.


Twilight looked around. It looked like this had been a battle, how had all of them turned to stone? Many were alicorns, and many more were draconeques. Some looked like they had been flying in the air when they had been turned to stone and fallen to the ground hard, being sunk into the dirt as a result.


“What happened to all of them, why were they turned to stone?” Twilight asked confused. Her question went unanswered for a long moment as the sisters looked at the two statues in front of them. Twilight saw the similarities in the features of the two ponies to the two princesses. One was a large stallion with his wings outstretched, standing on his hind legs, with his face contorted into an angry yell. The mare beside him looked equally angry, but also a bit sad. Her wings were at her sides, but it looked like they had been bandaged up. She was pointing her horn up at an invisible enemy in the air, one who had sunk into the ground not far away from the two. Twilight thought she looked eerily similar to Discord.


“Long ago, alicorns were just as much a race of ponies as the other three tribes, the tribes would come to us to try and end disputes and negotiate trades. After Equestria was formed they asked our parents, Solar Flare, and Falling Star to become King and Queen. It was peaceful for a long, long time. They had me and then Luna. But one day when I was about 16, Luna was 10. The leader of the draconeques came to the castle. Demanding that they be given rule over the land. She said they had been here long before the ponies, and that just because they had traveled away for a couple millennia didn’t mean we could move in. Our father disagreed; they had already been watching over Equestria for over 3,000 years. In the end war broke out. Our parents eventually decided, after years of war, many deaths, alicorn draconeques and pony alike, the only option was to get as many alicorns as they could together for a powerful spell. Using the elements as one final act they turned everyone to stone, even including themselves. The only ones who survived were me, Luna, and Discord. There were younger draconeques than Discord, but without the supervision of their parents, and Discord being a child himself, their magic went out of controlled, eventually Discord, prince of the draconeques, was the only one left. This is what eventually lead to him trying to take over Equestria. But we were all children. If any others did survive, they are in very deep hiding, where me and Luna have not had the time or resources to search for them.” Celestia paused to look at the six new alicorns before her. “But now if there are any others out there. We have a way to find them, whether they were born as alicorns, or have the possibility of accession.”


Twilight looked at her mentor “So you’re saying you want us to go out and look for more alicorns? Where would we even start? If they have been in hiding for years, how are we supposed to find them? Only me and Rarity even know how to use unicorn magic. I-“ Celestia put her wing over Twilights mouth to make her stop.


“We can worry about that later, right now,” she said looking at the rest of them, “we have a coronation to plan, we have six new princesses on our hooves.”


The eight ponies all spent the night in Celestia’s room as the sisters told stories of their childhoods before the war had started, of how if they found more alicorns they could study alicorns regeneration abilities and use it to help all of pony kind. And in the morning when Celestia and Luna brought the six into the throne room and brought their advisors in, the look on the advisor’s faces was priceless. Celestia could already hear the panic in their voices about how they were going to budget for six new princesses and how this would affect just about everything. Celestia shook her head and followed them, as Luna showed the mane six to their rooms in the castle. On the way a horrified Twilight realized she had been so caught up in everything she had forgotten about Spike and teleported away to find him. He had been in the library trying to clean up the burn marks and salvage what he could from the ashes when Twilight teleported in.


“Oh my god Spike I am SO sorry last night was super crazy and we were all up talking to Celestia and Luna last night and” she looked around the library in horror. “Oh gods was this what happened after we cast the spell?”


“You could have sent me a letter through Celestia or something at least. You’re lucky I saw Celestia teleport you guys away, so I knew what had happened, wait do you have wings?” The small dark purple dragon with bright green eyes stopped in his tracks and dropped the broom and dustpan he was holding. Twilight gave a cheeky smile and unfolded a wing to shake it.


“Yes I do, all six of us turned into alicorns. Where’s Owlicious? We should probably get back to Canterlot, Luna was in the middle of taking us to out rooms.” As she said that the great horned owl poked him head out from one of the burnt-out bookshelves and flew over landing on Twilights back. Twilight went over to Spike and before he could question how she could teleport that far as she hadn’t been able to before they were in the halls of Canterlot castle where Luna and the rest were waiting for them. “Sorry girls I realized that with everything going on I somehow got so caught up I completely forgot about Spike.” The rest of the mane six went pale as they realized forgotten pets or siblings.


“Oh gosh poor Angel bunny and the rest of my animals they must be so hungry and confused” Fluttershy fretted hopping from hoof to hoof. She was still a pale yellow but with even lighter yellow patches on her legs and belly. With a swath of brown fur down her back and haunches, as well as a brown mask on her face. She was taller and less feathered than most pegasus normally would be. Her primary feathers now turning from the light yellow of her legs and belly to a blue and pink gradient. Her mane was still a soft pink although it was shorter than the Fluttershy we all know. Her cutie mark was an upside-down pink paw, with the main pad being a heart, and a blueish green butterfly on the heart.


“It is quite alright Fluttershy there is more than enough room for your animals in the gardens, after I show you your rooms, we can get to work on bringing them here, ok? The same goes for the rest of your pets, and letting your families know. Rainbow Dash, I have already sent for someone to go get your cloud home and bring it here, it should be getting here shortly” Luna said which seemed to soothe them for the time being, she brought them to their rooms, they had very large family suites with up to eight room for visiting royal families, although this one had five as Rainbow would have her house shortly. She was sure they would want separate spaces eventually but right now they should be there for each other.


“As it seems Twilight already has a handle on her enhanced teleporting skills, me and her will be teleporting you one at a time to your homes to grab some belongings and to tell your families what is going on. Fluttershy me and you will go first as yours is probably going to take the longest with the animals I assume.” Fluttershy nodded and they were off, Rainbow decided to just take off by herself because Cloudsdale wasn’t a far flight from Canterlot especially not for her so she could just go there herself and stop by to tell Fluttershy’s family.


Twilight and the rest decided to take Pinkie first because logically it would take the longest for her to grab all her decorations and party supplies. Pinkie gave Twilight some boxes first thing and yelled for her to start packing stuff as she ran downstairs to the Cakes. Twilight followed after a moment, she needed to know how Pinkie wanted things organized! You couldn’t just throw random items all together in one box!


“I got them back, I-“ Twilight heard as she came down the stairs. Seeing a glimpse of the Cakes enveloping Pinkie in a hug before she could finish her sentence. She tapped her horn “I also have this now to” Pinkie said after a while of crying and silence. Got them back? What did Pinkie mean by that? Twilights eyes trailed to the scars on Pinkies back, now just barely visible at the base of her wings. Oh gods. Who in tartarus would do such a thing to Pinkie, why had Pinkie never said anything, that’s why she had feathers! Twilight wanted to face hoof for not having realized earlier. She didn’t want to ruin the moment though, so she went back upstairs and just started putting random things in the boxes, to her own dismay. When Pinkie came back upstairs it looked like nothing had ever happened. When Twilight asked if she was ready to go to the rock farm however Pinkie hurriedly said no, and that she would just send them a letter.


Soon all the mane six and all their animals had settled in, with Rarity, a black unicorn with stark white marks on her legs and a white diamond on her forehead and her chest. Her cutie mark a geode with purple gems inside and a needle and thread surrounding the geode. Her hair is still a deep purple although she usually had it in a variety of styles not just a posh curl. Today her hair was loose wavy waterfall. The black unicorn, well alicorn now, insisted she make the dresses for the coronation, and had already started on them, as well as dresses for Celestia, Luna, and Cadence, as they had told her they hated the ones that they had used for Cadence’s ceremony. The main sixes dresses were all themed after the colors of their elements of harmony, as the elements were being turned into tiaras for all of them. Celestia’s dress was pastel yellow, pink, and orange like a sunset with gold accents, While Lunas was dark blue light blue and purple with silver. Cadences was a pink and purple shimmer dress with crystals from the empire sewn throughout.


All seemed well, Pinkie was a little more reserved than usual though, Twilight didn’t want to bring it up in front of everyone though. She would wait till she could get Pinkie alone.