• Published 8th Mar 2022
  • 487 Views, 18 Comments

Auto-Generated: The Search - Devona



Watch an AI try and write an MLP fanfiction about Celestia's search for something that could reverse the past

  • ...
2
 18
 487

Dreams...

Princess Celestia woke with a start, gasping as she sat bolt upright. Her heart hammered against her chest as she struggled to take deep breaths. Sweat dripped from her brow and soaked through the thin cotton blouse that covered her breasts.

She was still trapped. The darkness had never faded, it merely seemed to have grown larger, stretching in all directions. It was impossible to escape, but at least she could see where she was trapped in this nightmare.

The air smelled faintly of sulfur. There were no walls or any ceiling, just endless black nothingness, stretching out endlessly into the darkness.

Her breath came quicker now and sweat dripped off the tip of her nose. Her heart pounded so hard she thought she might be deafening herself.

“You can’t hide forever, Celestia!” her sister called from behind her, her voice echoing throughout the empty room. “You can run away, you can fight back, you can even scream
if that will make it hurt less! But you know what else? It won’t stop me!”

Princess Luna stepped closer and grabbed her foreleg with her magic, forcing Celestia to turn to face her sister. Tears streamed down the princess’s pale cheeks, her eyes widened in terror.

“You are mine, Celestia,” said Luna, tightening her grip on the pony princess’s leg. “And I intend to own you.”

Celestia screamed again and kicked Luna hard in the chest. Luna cried out and released her hold, stumbling backwards.

“If you’re not careful, you’ll lose your only friend,” said Luna, glaring back at her older sibling as she slowly straightened up. She looked angry and determined.

"It won’t do you any good.”

The pair stood there staring at each other, both shaking with fear. Neither dared move as Luna continued to watch her sister with intense, angry eyes. Finally, Celestia dropped onto her side, curled up into a ball.

Light. Blinding light.

Again. It happened again. Another dream, another nightmare. A thousand years have passed since the banishment, and yet, so much still lingered on, so much still on her mind...

Princess Celestia stood up from her spacious, royal bed and went downstairs through a long, spiral staircase. It was today that her search would start. The search for something she should've looked for long ago. The search for a scroll that might, just possibly, turn back the turn of events... or, if she was really lucky, maybe even prevent them entirely. She walked through a large, brightly lit hallway and approached the kitchen where the cooks always waited for her.

When she got inside the dining hall and took her usual seat, she saw an enormous feast spread before her. Servants lined up with platters full of delicious food, waiting patiently for her attention. She smiled shyly and lowered her gaze to her plate.

"Celestia," one of the servants whispered. "Have some wine."

A small glass of white wine appeared next to Celestia's hooves as she lifted it to her mouth. She sipped it and nodded at the servant with gratitude. The servant returned with a second glass and placed it near Celestia's lap.

As the servants left the room, Celestia sighed deeply and leaned back in her chair. She needed to be well fed for the journey afoot... It was almost time to leave.

The sound of footsteps made Celestia jump slightly and she glanced toward the door nervously. When she heard the soft click of horseshoes approaching, she relaxed ever so slightly.

"Princess!" said a familiar voice. Princess Celestia turned around and grinned when she saw Twilight Sparkle.

She was wearing her favorite purple dress with golden embroidery, as usual. This time, however, she was holding a bouquet of flowers wrapped tightly in brown paper with her magic. "You're going to need this," she said blankly with a wide, friendly smile. "Or, well, at least you can use a little smile before you set off."

Celestia laughed, taking the flowers gently with both of her hooves. She knew she couldn't wear them on the trip through Equestria, but it was nice seeing that Twilight thought to bring them to her anyway. "Thank you, my dear. This is lovely..."

"Well, it's not exactly traditional, but it'll have to do," said Twilight as she sat down across from Celestia and began unwrapping the flowers. "I'd hoped we'd find some roses, but these are fine. At least they weren't wilting."

Celestia nodded, before slowly heading past an ever so slightly disappointed Twilight. Normally so considerate of everypony else's feelings, currently, Celestia couldn't help but focus her mind oh so utterly on something completely different.