• Published 3rd Mar 2022
  • 172 Views, 6 Comments

Your Heart of Cosmic Foliage - GermanBrony_12



Treehugger is selected by raffle for the RESA interstellar mission, but not everything goes as planned...

  • ...
 6
 172

Clue

Nothing.

The companions searched high and low, but found the room to be perfectly clean and nearly empty. At this, the two were entirely befuddled. The last trace of Applejack had now faded, proving to the crew that she would never be found, but this raised a new question; she must have died, but how?

With a new purpose, Treehugger and Bloomberg decided to check the room again, this time on a spiritual level, for even when one cleans a room, the auras still remain. She sat under the boughs of Bloomberg to survey the area in this way, yet even with an hour's meditation, no other traces could be found.

Curses! That dastardly knave must have used white chalcedony! No other crystal could have cleared away the energy of the culprit which, without a doubt, was entirely negative. It could make a perfect weapon too, she thought, if the case turned out to be a murder.

It was true. The crystal held such powerful cleansing energy; it could have easily erased the energy of so evil a pony. Plus, with its hardness of seven, it surely held great bludgeoning power as well.

With this in mind, Treehugger thought back to her own crystals, but quickly realised that none were missing from her collection, and thus none of hers could have been used here. This left one option for the origins of the stone: Limestone Pie.

This valuable discovery sent her towards the door in a hurry, but in this rush, the artificial floors worked against her, and she was sent sliding uncontrollably to her doom. Yet no, she stayed above the ground; she had fallen gracefully into the boughs of Bloomberg.
She looked up at him, his sturdy boughs breathing life into the empty void around them. It was like the Big Bang, creating a whole new universe within Treehugger. Was this…?

She shook the thoughts from her mind and returned to her more relaxed self. She thanked the tree after letting herself drop to the ground, then continued to pull him along with her to the next refuge of evidence: Limestone Pie’s cabin.

A long journey through the lengthy corridors brought the pair to the home of their rock-loving comrade. Following their calls, Limestone Pie opened the door and let them in, glaring at them as they did so. Treehugger looked around and closely examined the pony’s collection of rocks and crystals alike. Like many on the ship, Treehugger had already seen the collection at the invitation of Limestone Pie, however she was the only one who had really paid attention to them. No doubt Bloomberg would have done the same, had he been invited, however nopony seemed to take the time to get to know the tree - a shame considering his rich personality.

With a thorough scan, Treehugger found a gap in the neat row of gemstones atop Limestone Pie’s Rock collection. Before she could ask, however, Limestone Pie spoke to her, using her usual aggressive tone.

“I don’t know what you’re up to here, but you better not even think of touching one of my ro- Hey! Somepony’s stolen my rock!”

Aha! The rock had been stolen! Immediately. Treehugger began searching for traces of another pony there. Alas, the energy of the crystals overpowered that of all the ponies that had entered the room, and any traces of those who had once been there had vanished from the room. She had no choice; she would have to call a meeting amongst her compatriots and ask them directly.