• Published 21st Feb 2022
  • 874 Views, 15 Comments

Union of Hope: Shrouded Great War - Kvnhuang1222



On August 2028, the world is invaded by an evil mad scientist, who swore revenge on humanity. As NATO and other non-NATO nations united together, they found that other species have the common enemy.

  • ...
3
 15
 874

Chapter 4 - The Secret

April 10, 1043 CE, 04:01:41
Violet Harmony’s room, Castle of Friendship, Ponyville

While Princess Twilight Sparkle and her two husbands, King Flash Sentry and King Courageous Heart, were in deep sleep, Twilight and Courageous’s daughter, Violet Harmony, was studying in her room. She was staying up late for sure. Yet, who could do something to her? After all, her biblioholic characteristic was inherited from Twilight. So did social, she wasn’t willing to make friends in the beginning, but when she attended the School of Friendship, she became socialized and made some friends. Additionally, ever since Violet Harmony befriended a human named Megan Williams, she had a strong curiosity about the human world. One that made her astonished was that Megan’s human world doesn’t have any magic - not even the slightest - vastly different from the mirror world that Twilight had visited.

Despite wanting to know more about humans, Megan’s knowledge was limited, therefore Violet still have some gaps in information about them. For this reason, Violet borrowed lots of books and scrolls about humans from Canterlot Library. Since humans were regarded as mythical creatures in Equestria in ancient times, their records were too rare that needed to be stored in Canterlot Library.

What Violet was reading was about humans’ inventions and society. From the most ancient stone tools to various metal weapons, made Violet hard to believe that humans can make these without magic. So did their architecture, though they used the same material as the ponies like stone, wood, and hay in ancient Equestria, their structure was quite complex, which made Violet even more astonished.

“Humans are incredible,” exclaimed Violet. “I wonder what other interesting things do they have.”

However, as Violet turned the pages to the very end, she noticed that some pages were torn down. She was dumbfounded.

“How the hay did this book get torn so many pages? Has it always been like this?”

She closed the book, then depressingly laid in the bed.

“How could somepony do such a vile thing to that book…” She complained.

Later, due to staying up too late, used too much energy, she instantly fell asleep. Little did she know, a shadow was watching her through the window from outside with a cold smile, then disappeared later.

==================================================================================

The next day, 09:43:40
Dining Room, Castle of Friendship

The next morning, Twilight Sparkle, Spike, Courageous Heart, Flash Sentry, Evening Twinkle, and Shooting Star were having breakfast. On the table, there were some pancakes, cupcakes, and salad made by Evening Twinkle. The whole family was enjoying the meal, except that Violet Harmony was absent.

“Violet, she probably stayed up late reading again. She’s just like you, Twilight,” said Courageous.

“Yeah, she is.” Twilight sighed, “If she won’t come, she would miss this divine breakfast,” then she sipped some tea.

“I’ll go get her.” Evening Twinkle left the seat and went upstairs.

As she arrived in front of Violet’s room and was about to knock, Violet just walked out of her room.

“Morning, Violet, I was trying to call you. Come and have some breakfast.”

“Mmm… okay.”

After Evening brought Violet to the dining room, the family welcomed her with a smile. While they carried on eating, Violet just stared at her pancake instead of using her utensils. Evening, sitting next to Violet, noticed her unusual behavior, she confusedly asked, “What’s wrong, Violet? Why aren’t you eating? Does the pancake I made not suit your taste?”

“N…no, your pancake is always my favorite.”

“Are you feeling ill then? Didn’t you spend all night reading?” asked Twilight, concerning Violet’s health.

“Well…it’s true that I stood up late last night, but not because of this. The reason why I’m upset is that one of the books I borrowed from Canterlot Library got torn down.”

“What’s the book about?” asked Courageous.

“It’s about the legend of humans in ancient Equestria,” Violet explained. “I want to learn more about them by researching what ponies during that era thought about them. When I was about to reach the end, the book stopped for no reason. Not to mention that it was purposely torn down like something cannot tell anypony.” She stabbed a piece of pancake with a fork and took a bite.

“Can I take a look at the book you mentioned? I want to find out what’s going on.” Twilight put down the teacup and said.

Violet nodded and trotted to her room, later she returned with a book moments and gave it to Twilight. As Twilight opened the book to the torn page, she looked at its previous page, which was about Celestia and Luna visiting humans. Other than that, nothing significant was found.

“It seems it was cut off at the part where the royal sisters visited humans. I have a feeling that something ominous happened on them, though I’m not sure what.” Twilight concluded.

Twilight put the book down, then suddenly it accidentally knocked over the teacup. The tea inside of it spilled on the back endpaper.

“Mom!! Tea!!!” Violet shouted in panic as she looked at the book was dyed in brown.

Twilight was also panicked, she quickly took some napkins to wipe the surface and the book to avoid any stain remaining. But then, Courageous noticed something appeared on the endpaper, he pointed at it, “Hey Twilight, something strange appears on the endpaper. Looks like it’s a symbol.”

Twilight stopped and took a look at the endpaper, there was a small symbol on it. From its look, it was some kind of a rose and a letter N in its center.

“I’ve never seen this symbol before.” Twilight analyzed the symbol. “Hmm…I don’t know whose, but I guess this letter is the owner’s initials. Plus, it has been here for a long while.”

“And likely responsible for damaging the book.” Violet added, “but why did he or she tear down the pages?”

“Not a clue. Maybe we can ask Celestia. You put this book away, for now, we’ll bring this to her. Spike, please bring a quill and a parchment for writing to Celestia after breakfast.”

“You have my word, Twilight!” answered Spike, crunching an emerald.

After everything was settled, all ponies carried on eating.

Author's Note:

Just back from military service for long holiday, so that I can upload the new chapter. I hope you enjoy the new chapter.