• Published 14th Feb 2022
  • 2,706 Views, 238 Comments

Cybertron Girls - SonicSpeedster97



The fate of an entire alien world rests in the hands - or rather, around the necks - of the Main 7, as they fight to save Cybertron and Earth from the Decepticons.

  • ...
4
 238
 2,706

Lightning Speed

“Okay, kidnapped by a motorcycle robot and locked up on an alien spaceship to be tortured. Hm. Well, I guess I have had weirder days.” Rainbow shrugged as best she could against her restraints.

“Really? I’ve been in Vortex’s care three times before today.” Drift shrugged. “Heck, I think these are even my same restraints. They are, aren’t they Vortex?”

“What can I say, Deadlock? I’m nothing if not sentimental.” Vortex smiled madly as he looked over almost medieval tools on his table.

“What were you doing here before?” Rainbow was right to ask; she didn’t know much about Drift’s time with the ‘Cons.

“Capital punishment. Dereliction of duty; 20 minutes with this nutcase.” Drift shrugged, indicating over to Vortex as he prepared a massive electroshock staff with an expression of pure insane glee.

“Whew. Man, Megatron must really take loyalty seriously.” Rainbow shook her head.

“Oh, I do.” As if on cue, the great warlord strode in with a scowl on his face. “Which is why I take such exception at one of my greatest soldiers betraying me.”

“Well, you really should’ve thought about that before you had Turmoil order me to slaughter those innocents.” Drift scowled.

“Yes, the Vos Massacre was a mistake. But it communicated resolve; any who stand in my way will be shown no mercy.” Megatron scowled.

“So then, what? Does that mean you’re gonna kill us both?” asked Rainbow.

Megatron simply glared down at her in disdain, almost disgusted by the presence of an organic lifeform on his ship. “Perhaps later. For now, I simply wish to offer my great soldier one chance; denounce the Autobots and join me again, and we can forget all about your recent transgressions.” he offered to Drift.

“I’d rather be melted down for spare parts than ever work for you again, Megatron.” the samurai scowled.

“I can easily arrange that.” Vortex smiled madly. “And what about the human, Lord Megatron? Shall I hand her mangled frame off to Flatline once done?”

“Perhaps in a moment,” Megatron noted, glancing at Rainbow. “She still has something I want.”

“If you’re gonna ask me to give you my piece of the map, you can forget it bucket-brain,” Rainbow assured. “I never leave my friends hangin’.”

Megatron scowled at the organic girl. “The Autobots are hardly your ‘friends’. Surrender the map and your world will be spared.”

“Nice offer, but how do I know you won’t just blow up the planet the minute you’re done with Cybertron? Simple; I don’t.” Rainbow brought up. “So if it’s all the same to you, I think I’ll just wait for my friends to come to save me.”

“And what makes you think they won’t just leave you to die?” asked Vortex.

I wouldn’t. And they know that.” Rainbow assured, before she suddenly Ponied-Up, provoking some serious confusion from the Decepticons.

Vortex seemed particularly interested as he scanned her. “Incredible. It’s as if her ornament is acting as a spark.”

“That’s why you can use Spark-Shift Armor.” Megatron realized, quickly grabbing Rainbow from her restraints and holding her up to his face. “Where did you get this item? Speak!”

“Sure, just as soon as you answer me something; when was the last time you brushed your teeth?” Rainbow taunted, gagging. “Smells like I’m breathing exhaust fumes.” Drift laughed at that while Megatron only snarled… before his com-unit activated.

Lord Megatron, we’re detecting something off the starboard bow.” a soldier reported. “Whatever it is, it’s small, fast, and headed straight for us.

“The Autobots.” Megatron scowled. “Blast it out of the-!” He couldn’t finish that thought as the ship suddenly lurched to the side, knocking Megatron off-balance as he dropped Rainbow, who quickly stopped her fall with her wings.

“Told you my friends would be here,” she smirked… only to start eating her words when her Armor shot through the wall and locked around her Geode, pulsing with light. “Not what I was expecting, but this works too.”

The Armor gave a loud ring as Megatron tried to reach for her, only to be suddenly blasted into the wall by a massive gust of wind that shot from Rainbow’s Geode, before it formed around her into a tornado as it drew metal in toward her – including Drift’s restraints, freeing the samurai – all forming around her into a suit of armor as lightning coursed around the suit, changing its color. Her hands and arms turned sky blue, while her wrists took on the red, yellow, and blue colors of her wristbands as her shoulder-plates turned darker blue with bright yellow lightning bolts along them, with her breastplate turning the same blue with white down the middle as her Geode formed into a blue lightning bolt-shaped button on her collarbone.

Her legs turned a deep midnight blue with fading rainbow-colored lightning bolts moving up the sides as her feet turned bright blue and white with red soles. Her wings were suddenly contained in metal, her ailerons flipping out into feathers as her steel-cable hair turned the colors of the rainbow, flowing down her back as her blue optics opened to reveal the dark pink centers from her own eyes. Rainbow smiled at her new armor as she looked at Megatron as he stood up to face her. “Y’know something? You’re even uglier from this angle.”

(Cut it)

Megatron simply scowled as he tried to grab at Rainbow, only to miss his strike as Rainbow dashed away from him to Drift’s side. “Missed me.” she taunted as she grabbed the samurai and his swords before they dashed out the door.

“Decepticons, our prisoners are fleeing!” Megatron roared over the coms. “Do not let them escape this ship alive!” Suddenly the ship shook again, surprising him again. "Oh for the love of- Now what?!"

It surprised the escapees too. “What’s going on?” asked Rainbow.

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say Jetfire just showed up and is cleaning house.” Drift exclaimed happily. “That’s our ticket outta here. Can you transform?”

“I don’t think so. I might need an alt-mode.” Rainbow shrugged as they heard running footsteps down the hall.

“There’s a terminal over there.” Drift pointed to the wall-mounted computer. “Flip through the database and see what you like; I’ll cover you.” Quickly he drew his swords and dashed down the hall to meet the guards as Rainbow quickly turned on the computer and browsed through the options.

“Nope, nuh-uh, nah, no.” she shook her head as she flipped through several options, still worried about Drift… until she saw him deflecting laser blasts with his swords and slashing plain-looking Decepticon foot-soldiers apart like nothing. “Yeah, he’ll be fine.” she rationalized as she went back to browsing, her optics finally locked onto something that made her stop; an F-22 Raptor.

“Don’t mind if I do.” With that, she quickly scanned the jet, and its data was loaded into her drives, her wings shifting into the shape of the original, the engines formed in her feet, and a cockpit formed in her midriff. “Nice. Drift, I’m good; let’s go!”

“Our back-up’s on the top-deck; follow me!” Drift quickly ordered and transformed, flooring it down the hall as Rainbow quickly followed with remarkable speed, boosted by her new rocket feet. Since they weren’t sure exactly how to fight – with Drift unarmed in vehicle mode and Rainbow unsure as to what weapons she had in her bot-mode – they were forced to simply ram their way through whatever Decepticons got in their way.

Finally, they made it through one last door to the main deck… just in time to see something fly toward them. “Incoming!” Drift quickly transformed and pushed Rainbow to the deck just before the entity – revealed to be a seriously damaged Starscream – flew through the door and crashed onto the ground. Looking exactly where it came from, they saw Jetfire apparently having the time of his life blasting Decepticon soldiers all around him as Fluttershy basically hid on his back spinning her blades to act as a shield.

Jetfire nearly pointed his guns back at the door until he saw his teammates there and smirked. “I figured that plan would work.”

Rainbow quickly zipped over with a smirk. “You wouldn’t happen to have an escape plan, would you?”

“I do. But I don’t think you’re gonna like it.” Jetfire was right; they didn’t like his plan. Especially since it basically consisted of tossing everyone overboard, with all of them screaming on the way down as he turned on his comlink. “Jetfire to base; now would be an exceedingly good time for a GroundBridge. Preferably right below us.”

Comin’ up,” Wheeljack reported and opened the vortex right below them.

“Alright, now when we exit the GroundBridge, we’re gonna be moving at exactly the same speed as when we entered it, so be ready to catch yourselves!” Jetfire ordered, but only he, Rainbow, and Drift really managed it; Fluttershy had huddled into a fetal position once she fell and ended up having to be caught once she left the vortex.

“That was awesome!” Rainbow yelled happily, hugging Jetfire in victory.

“You are crazy, Jetfire,” Wheeljack remarked as the deactivated GroundBridge flipped back up into the ceiling.

“Well, as a great bot once said; ‘Sometimes crazy works'.” Jetfire reminded as he switched out of his battle mode.

“But we can discuss the great risk-takers of Cybertron's past another time. Until then, Rainbow’s spread her wings and she needs to know how to use them correctly.”

“Does that mean-?” Rainbow asked, knowing what it meant even without having to be told.

“Yep. Starting tomorrow, it’s time for flying lessons.” Jetfire smiled. “For now, go home and power down for the night. After the day you’ve had, I’d say you earned it.” Rainbow knew he was right and shifted back to human-form before Cliffjumper rumbled up and gave her a lift back to her house, extremely eager to learn how to fly for real.

Author's Note:

And now it's time to put up the bot forms for the past Fluttershy and the current Rainbow Dash.

Once again, art by eiloo