• Published 5th Feb 2022
  • 335 Views, 20 Comments

Carrot Troubles - Matthais Unidostres



Angel Bunny is cursed with the worst possible luck after finding a big carrot in the Everfree Forest.

  • ...
0
 20
 335

4

Angel Bunny walked stiffly through the forest, looking down at his body. Both his back and his front were covered with a green herbal paste he had mashed together after finally gaining the courage, and rage, he needed to rip himself off of the tree. Zecora had taught Fluttershy how to make it. It apparently was a potion for regrowing animal fur.

Angel pulled his silver stopwatch out and looked at the time. He nodded, confident that enough time had passed, and then frowned as he began to peel the paste off of his chest. His frown became a smile as he saw white fur underneath. He quickly peeled the green pasted off of his body, revealing perfectly restored white fur. Angel stood proudly of his ingenuity, and then resumed sniffing around for the carrot Mr. Beaverton Beaverteeth had stolen.

Angel followed the scent out of the dense forest and to a small river. However, up the river was a very large beaver dam. Angel looked up at the large structure of wooden sticks, logs, and mud for a moment, then his eyes zeroed in the a small bit of orange in a sea of brown.

Angel quickly ran up the side of the river and arrived at the base of the large dam. The structure ascended up at least 8 meters up, a very impressive structure indeed. Up near the top was the large carrot, stuck prominently into the dam like a trophy.

Angel quickly climbed up the side of the dam, and raced up towards the carrot. Once he reached it, he smiled and grabbed it with his paws. He gave it a tug, only for it to not move. He frowned and stuck his feet into the dam, and then tugged the carrot again, only to quickly run out of breath. Angel scowled and grabbed the carrot tight and pulled so hard that his arms stretched out all the way.

POP!

Angel nearly fumbled the carrot, but got a hold of it and held it close. There was then a loud squeak from above, and Angel looked up to see Mr. Beaverton Beaverteeth, glaring down at him with his paws at his sides.

Before this situation could escalate any further, a rumbling sound caught Angel's attention. Then, a spurt of water suddenly shot out of the spot where the carrot had been.

Mr. Beaverteeth's scowl got even more fierce as he pointed to the carrot in Angel's paws.

Angel shoot his head and quickly stuck his right paw into the hole, plugging the leak. Angel smiled, and he held the carrot in his left paw and brought it up to his open mouth. However, his right ear twitched as it picked up another sound. Then, another spurt of water burst out of the dam near Angel's right foot. Angel huffed and promptly plugged up that hole too. Angel went to try and eat the carrot in his left paw again, only to be interrupted by the loud, aggravated, potty mouthed chittering of Mr. Beaverteeth. Annoyed, Angel looked up at Mr. Beaverteeth with a look of exhaustion and frustration.

The beaver stood glaring down hatefully at the bunny, tapping his foot impatiently, when suddenly the sound of another spurt of water could be heard, this one far off from Angel and to his left. Now Mr. Beaverteeth was growing actually concerned, and he jumped off the top of the dam and climbed down to where the hole was. He quickly plugged it with his right paw and sighed with relief, until a another spurt popped out to his left. He quickly plugged that with his left paw, only for his eyes to fill with panic when he heard another spurt below him. Looking down, the beaver reached out with his left foot, stretching his leg and kicking at the spurt of water until he was able to plug the hole with it.

Angel was laughing out loud as he watched the beaver's antics, and he smugly brought the carrot to his mouth to finally bite into it. At that moment, however, a new spurt of water shot out to his left. Angel stared awkwardly at it, and then Mr. Beaverteeth began to frantically explain to Angel what was currently at stake and what could most likely happen, and with not a single bad word throughout the entire explanation.

Angel looked worriedly at the panic stricken beaver, then at the carrot in his paw. Angel groaned, and he tossed the carrot up onto his head and used his ears to hold onto it. With his left paw now free, Angel was able to plug the newest hole with it.

The bunny and beaver clung to the side of the dam, their heavy breathing calming down bit by bit until they were both at ease. Mt. Beaverteeth turned to a group of beavers working in the woods some distance away and called out to them, then he turned to Angel and smiled. Angel smiled back, and the two of them shared a sigh of relief.

Without a warning, a larger gush of water burst out from a spot in the dam right between the two of them. The two of them gasped, and they both kicked out their free leg and plugged the hole with their feet. Then the two of them gasped at the revelation that their feet were touching and both pulled their feet back out. The two of them then began arguing over who should plug the whole, their words and head gestures getting more and more furious and demanding, both of them completely oblivious of the loud rumbling sound coming from the dam.

BOOOOOOM!

The massive burst of the dam could be seen from a great distance, and the roar of the water nearly overshadowed the screams of the bunny and beaver caught in the flood.

Angel held his breath as he flailed around wildly in the water. He tumbled and spun beneath the surface, and when he finally managed to right himself, he could see Mr. Beaverton paddling strongly with his webbed feet and strong flat tail, not overpowering the flood but keeping up with it. He paused in his swimming just in time to look right at Angel and make a slashing motion across his throat with his paw while sticking his tongue out.

Angel then was once again at the mercy of the flood waters as he was washed right out of the river as the destruction of the dam had caused the river to overflow its banks. In no time at all, Angel was carried across a field and right over a cliff. Angel briefly surfaced just as the water went over the side of the cliff. Angel took a quick glance down and then flailed his arms and screamed as he fell straight down.