• Published 21st Jan 2022
  • 298 Views, 2 Comments

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity: Trio in time - FireDasher24



Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity travel through time, and meet their younger selves. Our three heroes must save Princess Celestia, and the past from a alien race called the shroobs.

  • ...
 2
 298

Yoshi Island

Author's Note:

The world they will be go to next will be in the Mushroom Kingdom Universe. Hope you all enjoy it.

Once again, the six of them are traveling in the time hole until something shows up on the screen.

"Mushroom Kingdom Past. Yoshi's Island." The screen read before the six of them were engulfed by the white glow.


They all exited the time hole and found themselves in another place in the past. There were trees and giant footprints where they just arrived.

"Now where are we, and what is this place?" Rainbow Dash asked looking around.

"There's a sign here that says: Welcome to Yoshi's Island! See our enormous big egg now for viewing." Applejack read.

"What the hay is a Yoshi?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"No idea." Applejack shrugged. They all go inside a shelter, but froze when a bright flash lit the room.

"Aw, whatta lemon! And this film ain't cheap, neither!" Not asking questions, the six of them go to the female koopa and starts asking questions.

"I was primed for a scoop, and all I get are whiskers and a couple sap fillies!" This caused the three present mares to look at each feeling confused.

"Uh, ya mind telling us who you are?" Applejack asks her.

"Huh? Me?" She introduces herself. "Kylie Koopa, ace reporter! The Koopa Kronicle's best! You know about the giant egg, yeah? Why it just appeared! And THIS dame's got a hunch it's connected to the shroobs."

"Actually, we were about to check it out." Rainbow Dash said.

"I thought I'd get the straight dope from the locals, but... This place is like a morgue! Where is everybody?" Goes over to the jump spring. "And speaking of fishy, this jump platform positively reeks of mystery. REEKS of it! But... I hopped up there, and it didn't do doodley-squat! I wonder if I'm too heavy for it...

"Come to think of it, so are we." Applejack said.

Kylie Koopa turns toward the fillies. "Say, do me a favor and hop up there, will ya?"

The fillies walked over to the jump spring and bounced up to the top.

"Ritzy work!" Kylie said.

The fillies were at the top, and they found four different colored yoshis. They were all confused at first, but two were just staring at the fillies, and the other two were cowering in fear.

"See anything?" Kylie called out to them.

"Shh! Don't make noise!" Yoshi tells the fillies which confused them even more.

"What's the word?" Kylie calls out again.

Just then, there were loud and thunderous footsteps coming from outside.

"Uh, what was that?" Applejack asked.

"NOOO! WE MUST FLEE!" Yoshi cried in panic as he and the other three yoshis jump down the hole and leave.

"What? What?" Kylie Koopa was confused when she saw the yoshis leaving. "Ooh, this reporter just got that front-page fever! " She rushes outside to follow them, but accidentally bumped into Rarity causing her to spin and left her dizzy.

"Where are her manners?" Rarity said feeling annoyed.

"We'll deal with it later, but let's go see what this is all about." Rainbow Dash implied. The fillies came back down and got back on their future selves.


As they got outside, there was a loud roar coming directly above them. They all turned around, and they were shocked to see what it was. It was a giant pink yoshilike beast that had glowing red eyes, and two claws on each hand.

"Back inside!" Rarity suggested as she and the other five quickly head back inside the shelter.

The giant beast jumped down and slowly walked over to light blue yoshi, who was cowering in fear yet again. The beast stuck its tongue and ate up light blue yoshi while he was yelps as he got eaten.

Kylie Koopa goes up to the beast and snaps a few pictures. "WHATTA SCOOP! It's huge! Exclusive! Stop the presses now!" All of a sudden, the beast turned around and quickly ate up the female koopa.

"Aw, raspberries! My scoop snacked me! " What happened next was the beast gurgling its mouth. "Yick! It's all so... ooky and gooky" The beast spits her out with her hiding inside her shell and bouncing of the walls. It slowly walks over to yellow yoshi who was still cowering in fear. Once again, the beast stuck out its tongue and ate yellow yoshi too as he yelps.

Yoshi gets angry and decides to go up to the beast. "YOU! RELEASE THEM!" Realizing his mistake, the beast slowly turns around towards Yoshi.

"Doh." Yoshi tries to run, but he gets eaten as well, and the beast lets out another loud roar.

Meanwhile, the six ponies were still hiding inside the shelter avoiding the beast.

"What do we do now?" Rainbow Dash asks her friends.

"Maybe if we wait long enough, then the- WOAH!" Applejack yelps as she almost gets caught by the beast's large tongue.

"WE'RE DOOMED!" Rarity cries in panic.

"Comin' through!" Kylie Koopa calls out as she bounces of the walls and exits while she was still inside her shell. The footsteps were still heard outside until it slowly became quiet outside.

"Is it gone?" Rarity asked.

"I'll go check." Rainbow Dash said going outside while carrying her past self. "All clear!"

The others came outside and Kylie Koopa reappears out of breath. "Huff... Huff... I haven't been this jazzed in a Blargg's age! I can see the headline now! Monster Yoob from Shroob on Ravenous Rampage!" Tops!"

"I'm probably guessin that giant pink monster is a Yoob." Applejack thought.

"Why, I saw an evil-looking blue unicorn head into that building just now, but..."

"Wait! Did you say blue unicorn?" Rarity interrupted.

"Yeah. Why?"

"I have a feeling that must be Trixie." Rainbow Dash replied.

"Anyway, I gotta concentrate on this story! This could be my big break!" Kylie said as she leaves.

"Let's go check out that building." Applejack said as they head inside. Sure enough, Trixie was in there pilfering a bunch of treats.

"Snacks... Must find snacks..." Trixie thought. "Score! And doesn't look like anyone's home, so I'll just help myself to the goods." She snags the last cookie then quickly looks around. "You gotta wonder why this place is so empty, though..."

"It's not empty anymore Trixie!" Rainbow Dash said going up to her.

"Whoa! You pesky ponies again! Chased me all the way to this stupid island, have you?"

"That's right! Now give us back them Cobalt Star Shards." Applejack requested.

"Huzzat? You want the Cobalt Star Shards back?" Trixie repeated. "Well forget it, I've got my own problems. I'm on a snack run for Princess Chrysalis. She's on the cliff top. I don't have time for you six! These snacks ain't gonna snack on themselves!" She leaves the six of them behind and rushes off.

"We better follow her." Applejack insisted. "Ah think she's knows a little more about this."

"Let's do it." Rainbow Dash agreed as the six of them exit the building.

"YAAAAAACK!" A familiar scream was heard and it appears to be Trixie. The six ponies turned toward her and found she was right by a familiar beast. The Yoob then sticks its tongue and eats the blue unicorn. However, he spits her back out and then leaves.

"Hey, what's your problem, pal? I'm not tasty enough for you?! I'm The Great and Powerful Trixie, you snob!" Trixie angrily complained then calms down. "You're lucky I'm in a rush. I gotta get these snacks to the princess, pronto, or I would whip that snooty pink tail for you." Trixie leaves the area not knowing that Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity are following her. They enter the next building as Trixie leaves immediately. Inside the room, they all found a bunch of yoshi cookies laying there and Stuffwell jumps out.

"Yes those are Yoshi cookies." Stuffwell tells Applejack. "...Mostly just Yoshi crumbs, it seems... Trixie may have pilfered them all." Stuffwell jumps back in Applejack's backpack.

"Let's go ya'll." The cowgirl tells her friends. As they leave the area, Rainbow Dash sneaks back inside and looks around to make sure no one is there.

"I'm sure no one would mind if I take these." Rainbow Dash thought as she takes all six cookies. As she was about to have one, Filly Rainbow Dash looks at her as if she wanted one too. Rainbow Dash thinks for a minute, then gave it to her.

"Alright, here you go." Rainbow Dash said as she tosses the cookie into Filly Rainbow Dash's mouth, then leaves.

They all reach the end and head inside the blue pipe taking them to another part of the island. They found Trixie again on her broomstick. Trixie tries blocking their path as they all tried getting through.

"Boy, you pesky ponies just stay on a pony's tail and STAY there, dont'cha?"

"We're not leaving you, until you tell us what's going on." Rarity said to her.

"Well, try this on for size..." Trixie said as she floats higher and uses her horn to fire four blasts of magic turning them into fires. She then returns to the six.

"Zip! Zap! Zow! Unless you all have wings, you're gonna barbecue, you weenies!" Trixie said. "Give up now! You really think you're all tough? Then make it to the cliff top, losers! I'd LOVE to see it!" She then flies away.

"Any ideas?" Applejack asked.

"How about this?" Rainbow Dash asked pointing to a sign. "It says: Yoshi Island Springwater. A healthy, yummy drink ideal for growing fillies! Remember: drink like a pig... and your belly will get big! What does this mean?"

"It means that one of these fillies has to drink this water." Applejack answered for her.

"Well I'm certainly not having my past self drink that water." Rarity protested.

"I'll have my past self do it." Applejack said. "After all, Granny Smith did tell me ah have an appetite of a full-grown stallion." Her past self starting drinking up the water and became full of water. Stuffwell then jumps out.

"Well, look at that filly guzzle! As you can see, if Filly Applejack stands in the water, she drinks." Stuffwell explains. The counter by Filly Applejack reads '4'. "You all see that number doohickey in the little bubble near Filly Applejack's head?"

"Yeah, what does it mean?" Rainbow Dash asks.

"Yes, well, that is the number of water drops she can spit up, disgustible as it sounds."

"I have to agree with that. That is disgusting!" Rarity said.

"To get her to stop drinking, move her off the water."

She moved off the water and she was completely tubbified with water.

"Yes, you see, Filly Applejack is tubbified now. If you would, press Y with all speed."

Filly Rainbow Dash swung her hammer and made Filly Applejack spit out a drop of water.

"Filly Rainbow Dash whacks Filly Applejack with the hammer making her spit up. That is...gross."

"Quite." Rarity added.

"DON'T forget, the number on the hammer icon shows spit-up ammo. I advise you spitting on everything you see." Stuffwell suggested before jumping back in Applejack's backpack.

Filly Rainbow Dash follows Filly Applejack to the first fire, then whacks her with the hammer and spits out another drop of water putting out the fire. Then whacks her twice spitting out the last two drops of water.


They all head off further into the island and saw some small birds on carpets hovering above them(or Pidgets), and quickly defeated all of them. The fillies then head over to the spring and bounced into the clouds. They collected six smash eggs and defeated the Pidgets and the Gnaratulas, then hopped back down and continue their journey.

They reached a split route ahead and head right where there was another fire and another spring. The fillies go up into the clouds again where there was another water area to drink out of. They collected some heart pants and coins and also defeated the Gnarantulas and Pidgets. The fillies rush over to the Springwater and Filly Applejack quickly fills up with only one drop of water, then they walk over to the tube where there was an arrow pointing into the tube. Filly Rainbow whacks Filly Applejack yet again and the drop goes into the down then down from the sky.

Back where the present mane three are, the drop lands down on the fire and puts it out. The fillies hop back down and all six of them hit a large red block. On the top screen it reveals a large red block in a certain area. They all go back the way they came and noticed a large red block that appeared. They all jump on it then go to another part of the island where there were many gaps and a green block in the center.

"How can we get that?" Rarity asked.

"Look here." Applejack said pointing to a sign. "It says: Yoshi's Island Beach Jump-Training Ground. Here, ponies can practice spin jumps! Start at the far right and try to cross the gaps smoothly with spin jumps."

"But two of those gaps have fires." Rainbow Dash pointed out. "How do we put those out without water?"

"We could check up there." Applejack suggested pointing to the nearby cave.

There was another sign and she reads it. "Yoshi's Island Beach Spelunking Grounds. Dig under the gate and explore the cave!"

"Once again, we can't fit in there." Rarity said pointing to the entrance with was blocked by a gate and very small.

"Well we can't, but our past selves can." Rainbow Dash said.

The three fillies all stood in a tower formation and drilled underground and went inside the cave.

When they were inside, they stumbled upon a Gnarantula and it charges at them.


[Enemy Battle: 3 Gnarantulas]

The fillies were in their fighting stances as Filly Applejack cames down and gave all three of them equal damage. One of them goes to Filly Applejack and hops twice before attacking her, but she blocks with her hammer and gave it damage. The other two do the same thing to Filly Rarity and Rainbow Dash, but they got blocked and got damage too.

Filly Applejack takes out her hammer and takes one of them out. Filly Rainbow Dash does the same thing and took out the second one, and Filly Rarity takes out the last one with her hammer.

[Enemy battle over]


They walked over to another springwater pipe and Filly Applejack drinks up yet again and got enough water for two drops. They go over to one of the holes and Filly Rainbow Dash uses her hammer to makes Filly Applejack spit a drop of water in one of the holes leading outside and puts out one of the fires. They go to the next hole and repeat the same process putting out the other fire outside. They head back to the cave entrance and drill underneath the gate and they were back outside.

"Rarity, could ya watch the fillies while Rainbow Dash and I go hit that block?"

"Of course darling." She replied.

Rainbow Dash gets on top of Applejack and they both use the twist to get over to the green block and hits it. Another large green block appears in a different location. They all leave the area and head back the way they came and head to the right.

They head up and found another fire blocking the path to the last block. There were also four blocks connected to pipes in an L form it's they each hit a block and it's pointing towards the fire. The fillies hop up to the sky and found another pipe with springwater. Filly Applejack fills up enough for one drops then goes over to the pipe and Filly Rainbow Dash whacks her making her spit the drop down the sky right where the present mane three are and the fire is extinguished. The fillies hop down and they hit the block as it appears in another location.

They go back the way they came and head up the large blue block and quickly defeated the coconutter. The six of them jump into a pipe and head to a different location of the island. They defeat the coconutters in their path and the fillies hop on the spring and head into the clouds, defeat the Gnarantulas and hop back down in a higher location.

The mane three go back the way they came and hop up the large steps and find a sign.

"Normal spin jumps don't do it for you? Why not try a thrilling twister jump?" Applejack read. "Uh do ya'll know what it means?"

"Maybe we just head into that mini twister right there." Rainbow Dash implied pointing to it. They all get into their spin formation and head into the mini twister and get extra spinning power reaching the other side. When they got there, they found a familiar blue unicorn on a broomstick.

"*gasps* You meddling ponies again?" Trixie said as she flies off again.

"Oh no you don't." Rainbow Dash said trying to go after her, but Applejack stopped her.

"Easy there Rainbow. We'll deal with her later." Applejack said.

They got in their twist formation again and used the mini twister to get to the other side. They found their past selves, defeated the pidgets, and continue their journey.

The trio head into the next section defeat the coconutters in their path, got a few shells, hop up a large step and their past selves hop off while they spin over to the other side. They defeated the pidgets, collected a 1-up mushroom Rarity received, and hit a ! block. When the block was hit, a column moved down and revealed a secret passage. The fillies go in the secret passage and came out a large hole where there was another pipe with more springwater. Filly Applejack filled up enough for one shot and hop back down to where their future selves were. Filly Rainbow Dash used the hammer again to make Filly Applejack spit out the water drop and extinguished the fire.

They go into the next section and defeat the coconutters. They go over to the large spring and the fillies jump on up to the sky again. They get some super mushrooms and three cannonballers, and also defeated the gnarantulas in their path and go back down. They end up on the opposite by the door and wait. Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity hop up the large steps and find the mini twister going back and forth. They get in their twister formation, wait for the right moment and got across to their past selves. They all stepped on the large blue button, and the door in front of them open and they go inside.

They go right until they hear someone eating. The stay behind the wall and peeked to see Trixie with Princess Chrysalis as the changeling is scarfing down a bunch of Yoshi cookies.

"Ugh, doesn't she have any manners?" Rarity asks.

"Not to loud Rarity, we could get caught." Rainbow Dash warned her.

"HURK! HACK!" The changeling said feeling full.

"Princess Chrysalis, LITTLE bites!" Trixie tells her. "Oh, here, have some warm milk! It's uh, from an evil cow."

"Where in Sam hill did they find an evil cow?" Applejack wondered.

Chrysalis takes the milk and drinks up right away. "AHHH!" She said feeling relieved. "Nothing quite like Yoshi cookies and evil milk. I was a little creeped out about at first, hanging in this ghost town, but... Then I realized there was no one to stop me from eating every cookie in sight. YESSS!"

"Yeah... It's been... great." Trixie replies dryly.

The fillies come out of hiding surprising both of them.

"Ack! Filly Alert!" Trixie said.

"So much for the surprise attack." Applejack said as she and her friends come out of hiding.

"Grrrrr What are you meddling ponies doing here?" Chrysalis asked then she realized why. "Ah-HA! You followed me all the way here to swipe my treasure, didn't you, you scums?

"How dare you call us scums, you insect?" Rarity asks feeling shocked.

"Yeah, and technically, we found them fair and square." Rainbow Dash added.

"Not to mention you got to give those cookies back too."

"Huh? Not just the treasure? You want the cookies too?" Chrysalis asked then laughs. "Bwah ha ha! You've gotta be kidding me! You stole the treasure in the FIRST place!"

"So what? It's not like you were using it." Rainbow Dash said to her."

"Which means YOU'RE the bad guys!"

"We are simply not." Rarity disagreed.

"So all this stuff stays MINE!"

"No it doesn't." Applejack said.

Chrysalis levitated the shards in front of her. "These! And those!" She said pointing to the pile of cookies. As soon as she turned they all didn't even notice the three fillies ate the entire pile of cookies. They all paused for a moment witnessing what just happened.

"Uh, did they just eat that entire pile of cookies?" Rarity asked in disbelief.

"How in the world did three little fillies eat a large pile of cookies?" Rainbow Dash asked with a confused expression.

"OH NO!" Chrysalis cried. "STINKY FILLIES!" As the past Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash go back to their future selves.

"Princess Chrysalis, take it easy!" Trixie assured her.

"Hrmph... Cookies..."

"Leave this rabble to me." Trixie tells her. "You just go walk it off, Your Hungriness!"

"Grrr! You pesky ponies got LUCKY, hear me? Stealing food? Who does that?! You'll pay for those cookies!" Chrysalis angrily said.

"Technically, you stole them in the first place." Rainbow Dash said.

"Oh, all right, fine! FINE! Trixie... I'm counting on you to finish these snackaholics!" She walks off angry.

"Whew... You ponies are really starting to become a thorn in my side." Trixie complains. "I'm gonna yank out all those hairs from your bodies...AFTER I beat those cookies out of you!" She fires a blast of magic towards the six.


[Boss Battle: Trixie]

Trixie takes out her broomstick and hops on.

Applejack selects the smash egg and takes one out. She goes on the opposite side of Trixie and bucks the egg at the unicorn. It bounces off Trixie and goes towards Rarity. Rarity then kicks it at Trixie and the egg goes to Rainbow Dash who kicks it back to Trixie giving her damage. It goes on and on until the egg breaks.

Trixie then uses her magic to send two spike balls above Rainbow Dash. Filly Rainbow Dash uses the hammer to send it back to her and gave her a little damage.

"Well then, lets see how you like this!" Trixie said as she casts a spell and there are four more duplicates of herself. "GYAH! YAH! GWAH! Oooh! Which one is the real me?"

"I can't tell which is the real one." Rarity said looking at them all.

"I know how to find out." Rainbow Dash said.

"How?"

"Let's just use the smash egg again and hit it at all of them until one is left." She uses the smash egg again and hits the egg at one them, but it disappears. Rarity hits the egg at another one, but it disappears too. Applejack hits the egg at another duplicate, but she hit the real one and the other duplicates disappeared. The pattern goes on again until the egg cracks and reveals a 1-up mushroom. Rarity and filly self each take a turn and jump on Trixie. Trixie lost her balance and falls off the broomstick.

"AAACK!" Trixie cried. She then used magic to summon a fire as it goes over to Applejack, who jumps in time. Then goes over to Rainbow Dash, then Rarity, and goes back to Trixie and the unicorn suddenly catches on fire. She runs over to Applejack, but Filly Applejack uses the hammer to block herself and Applejack.

Applejack uses the shell, and Filly Applejack hops on the shell. Applejack kicks the shell to Trixie as it damages the unicorn, then goes over to Rarity who kicks it back at Trixie. Rainbow Dash then kicks it right back and the pattern goes on until the shell disappears and Filly Applejack goes back to her future self. Rainbow Dash uses the same item Applejack just used and the pattern repeats from before.

Trixie summons another fire, but the six of them dodge it and goes back to Trixie who catches on fire again. She ran over to Rainbow Dash, but Filly Rainbow Dash uses her hammer to block herself and her future self.

Rarity chooses the egg again and kicks it to Trixie and bounces off her and Rainbow Dash hits it back at her. Applejack kicks it back to her and the pattern goes on again until the egg cracks and reveals another 1-up mushroom. Trixie then disappears in a small explosion.

[Boss Battle over]

Level up: Applejack! Level 10: Additional HP added: 5

Level up: Filly Applejack! Level 10: Additional Def added: 6

Level up: Rainbow Dash! Level 10: Additional Speed added: 6

Level up: Filly Rainbow Dash! Level 10: Additional Def added: 3

Level up: Rarity! Level 10: Additional HP added: 4

Level up: Filly Rarity! Level 10: Additional POW added: 3


"Yoooorgh!" Trixie groaned as she laid on the ground feeling weak. The six of them walk around her and went after Chrysalis.

Chrysalis tried to get away but she reached a dead end. She looks around, there was no escape. "Grrrr Unbelievable! A stupid dead end!"

"Hold it right there!" Applejack called out.

"You meddling ponies!" She takes out the two shards. "Eat my cookies, will you? Fine! I'll eat the treasure instead!"

"She wouldn't!" Rarity gasped.

Chrysalis immediately ate the shards much to the ponies' surprise

"She did!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Urr..." Chrysalis groaned. "Wow! Yum! Those shards were DEE-licious!"

"Not if we have anything to say about it." Rainbow Dash said as she and Rarity hold her.

"Hey! What're you... LEGGO!" Chrysalis demanded as Filly Applejack repeatedly bounced on her head. "OOF! YURK! BLURP!" Just then, there were two ufos floating by and that surprised the seven of them as they came back, then left.

"This place has the ufos here too?" Rarity asks.

"Ah wonder what they're up to." Applejack wondered.

On the top screen, Yoob was climbing up the large tree and stopped midway. Three more ufos appeared and one of them zaps the Yoob and then it grows even bigger than before and spotted the ponies. It then roars loudly again as they run away.

"I can't believe that thing followed us all the way here." Rainbow Dash said.

"Why won't it leave us alone?" Rarity asked.

"Maybe he's looking for a -" Applejack gets cut off as the tongue tries to get them. The beast roars again as it tries to grab the six ponies, but they keep jumping out of the way.

Chrysalis appears but gets unlucky as the beast catches her with its tongue.

"OH NO!" Chrysalis cried as she gets eaten alive. The Yoob then grabs Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack and the fillies, and they all get eaten too. The beast lets out another roar.

To be continued...