• Published 15th Mar 2022
  • 247 Views, 0 Comments

Candyland Conquest - Badguy400



Sombra and Flurry Heart adventure series short story/side adventure

  • ...
 0
 247

Prologue: A Conundrum of Mishaps

Author's Note:

Keep in mind, I haven’t played Candyland in a long time since I was a child. So if there’s anything wrong with the characters from Candyland that’re mentioned in this story, then that’s why. Hope you’ll understand, and enjoy the story! Peace!

The Royal Parents are currently in their castle, chasing down Flurry Heart since she wanted to play chase; (or something resembling tag).

Flurry Heart giggled while flying and said; “can’t catch me!”

Looking determined, Cadence replied back while chasing her daughter; “oh we shall see honey… . Just you wait!” With that, Flurry Heart screamed, then giggled while continuing to fly away from her mom. Her dad however, is currently trying to get to his position so that way Flurry can be caught while Cadence is chasing her down. Flurry doesn’t know it yet, but she will.

Zipping and zooming, dodging and vaulting, gliding and near missing, the chase for Flurry Heart is on. And it is epic! Right up until… .

“I got you now Flurry… . You’re mine!” Shining Armor said as he’s about to capture Flurry Heart. Unfortunately for him, at the last possible moment, Flurry Heart flew upwards as a means to dodge her father’s capture; which unfortunately caused Cadence to realize too late that she was about to crash towards her husband. And with that… a mighty boom was heard, and something falling onto the ground as a result.

Realizing that her parents are hurt, Flurry Heart stopped in her tracks midair, says; “uh oh… ,” and flies downward to see if her parents are alright. Upon seeing that they’re anything but alright, Flurry Heart knelt down to the ground, tears starting to form from her eyes, and then she cried out; “I’m sorrryyyy…. !” before she began crying because she made her parents hurt themselves, and she thought that it was her fault because of it.

Seeing their daughter cry, the parents did their best to get themselves off the ground, and then Cadence began to say; “it’s alright Flurry… . We’re fine see?” Her husband then responded; “I’m not… .” Scowling towards Shining Armor, Cadence growled out in a whisper; “not, helping!” and then turned back to her daughter so she could begin calming her down. “Hey sweetie: how about we go and get you something to snack on. Would you like that?” she said in a motherly tone. Sniffling, Flurry Heart then wiped her tears away, and her nose before saying; “y-yes please mama… .” Cadence smiled, then said; “okay little one… . Let’s go,” before putting a hoof to her daughter’s cheek, and giving it a kiss. Smiling, Flurry Heart flew off to the kitchen to get a snack, with her parents following close behind.


Poundcake is currently trying to lift his tray of poundcake batter to the oven so that way it can be baked. Reason? Poundcake is eight and a half years old, and is currently being trained on how to bake something; let alone on how to do so on his own if his parents were to retire one day from the bakery, and that he and his sister were to be put in charge of for when that happens… . And as for Pumpkin Cake? She’s currently busy drawing something with a paper and crayon while she’s waiting for her mom to prepare the register for training on how to use the register for when her parents are gonna retire. And also for counting and such when pricing and handing out change. That’s all.

“Okay Poundcake, just slide the tray into the oven, and I’ll close the door for you. Okay? You can do it!” Carrot Cake said, trying to sound motivating for his son.

Poundcake is struggling to keep his balance due to the weight of the tray slowing him down, and throwing him slightly off balance; causing him to sway and get bits of batter all over the floor. “T-thanks dad. I-I’ll try… .” Unfortunately, right as he was just about to get the tray into position, some bit of batter got in the path of Poundcake, causing him to slip and fall; tossing the tray high up into the air, and then clattering all over the floor, making a big mess.

Keeping his cool, Carrot Cake then said; “it’s okay son… . Another time…”, while trying to sound reassuring; despite the fact that he knew that it was gonna happen, and that he blames himself for having his son lifting something so heavy without warning him first about it; let alone having him lift something heavy in the first place without any prior knowledge to it. So because of that, his son made a mess, and he has to clean it all up while Poundcake recovers from his fall. He wasn’t too hurt, but it still hurt regardless.

And as to what happened with the other sibling… , “Oops…”, Pumpkin Cake blurted out while looking at the now ruined cash register in shock. Apparently; like any magic user, Pumpkin Cake sneezed, and blasted the register with so much force of her magic, that it just simply exploded; (upwards like as if it was a cartoon. Ironic isn’t it)?

“Oh dearie… it’s alright. It happens… .” Cupcake said also trying to sound reassuring toward her daughter’s mishap. Unfortunately, she too also blames herself for her mistake; not having literally everything in the bakery being magic proof to a degree so it wouldn’t be damaged or destroyed because of Pumpkin Cake’s power sneezes; (which is something like blasting out magic while sneezing. Interesting, right)?

Sniffling due to the sneeze from seconds ago, Pumpkin Cake looked at her mom with sad regretful eyes, and says softly; “I’m so sorry mom… . I really am… .” Cupcake then just smiled, wrapped her daughter into a hug, and then said; “eh no worries. We were just planning on getting rid of that old thing anyways… Hmhm.” Carrot Cake then responded from afar; “no we weren’t! I was planning on selling it!” Cupcake then replied; “honey! Not, helping!” Carrot Cake then softly said; “sorry dearest…”, and then resumed cleaning up the mess. Turning back to her daughter with a smile and calm expression, Cupcake then offered; “how about we go and try out some cookies that your brother has baked. At least that wasn’t an upside down cake”; referring to the spill from earlier. Poundcake then replied from afar; “hey?” causing his sister and mother to laugh as a result. With that, Pumpkin Cake and her mother went to the kitchen to meet the two boys, and then went to the fridge to fetch everyone and themselves some of Poundcake’s cookies to snack on.


Cozy Glow is currently being watched over by the ex villains since a: it’s unsure as to whether she had a family or not before she was a villain. B: she’s still too young to be left alone. And c: sugar rush… .

“Ugh… . What am I gonna do with her… ?” Tirek said as he’s rubbing his face with his hand from being exhausted. As for Chrysalis; she’s just watching it all unfold on a lawn chair, and with a tub of popcorn. Cozy Glow however was still bouncing around the walls of the caverns. And by bouncing, she’s literally ricocheting off the walls like a cartoon character that’s too hyped up on sugar. Unfortunately… later on in the story… , it won’t be her last encounter with sugary sweets. Just you wait… .

“Okay, I’m bored now”, Discord said whilst getting up due to also watching the situation unfold. “I’m gonna go get something to drink. Want anything?” Chrysalis nodded, and said; “I’m coming with you. Tirek?” Tirek is too busy with covering his head with both hands that he can’t seem to respond right now. So with that, Chrysalis said; “lemon lime it is!” and went with Discord to get some drinks.

“I’m having the best time of my life! Wooo!!!!” Cozy Glow said before beginning to run around the caverns this time. Tirek then blurted out; “can’t anyone stop this madness?!” Unfortunately, no one could. That’s all.


King Sombra is currently in his castle fast alseep, with a book to his face. Reason? He’s reading one of Shining Armor’s old comic books, and loving it. Well… , up until he fell asleep that is… . So since he’s asleep, he’s probably dreaming about something right? He was… , when suddenly there’s a knock at the door. Given the fact that he’s still asleep, he ignores it.

The knocker decided to check up on him since Sombra wasn’t at the door. The knocker used their magic to teleport themselves inside, saw that Sombra is asleep, and decided to open the door quietly so that way the knocker’s buddies get inside before shutting the door completely, and quietly. Who were they? Well… .

“Sombra, wake up… . We wanna play with you… .” Flurry Heart whined. Sombra then got up, rubbed one of his eyes, and then says sleepily; “flurry… . Can’t you decide that some other time? I’m tired… . And… .” Sombra pauses since he just realized what Flurry Heart just said, and then asked with wide eyes; “wait. What do you mean ‘we’?” Flurry Heart blushed with a smile, and then flew away from his point of view to let him see by what she meant as “we”. Seeing that Flurry Heart is with the Cake Twins and Cozy Glow, King Sombra groans to himself while facepalming with both shadow hands, and then lays back on the couch with a thud. It didn’t hurt cuz of the pillows. “Why can’t I just get a break… ?” Sombra said; not happy about having to involuntarily babysit his pals, and such.