• Published 23rd Jul 2022
  • 458 Views, 9 Comments

The Symbiote Attack!!! - Adamverse

  • ...
 9
 458

Chapter Two

The sun rose up into the sky, the light from the large star began to enter the bedroom of Canterlot City’s favourite farm girl, Applejack. As the light hit her eyes, they began to flutter open; she sat up in her bed and began to stretch.

Once she was fully awake, she needed to start her morning routine; she got up and got dressed. Before she left her bedroom, she almost forgot her trademark fashion choice; the old fashion cowboy hat her father left her.

Applejack put her hat on and looked in her mirror; her eyes were fixed on the hat, she muttered to herself, “Miss ya, Pa.” She left her bedroom and went out into the hallway, that’s when she had a thought.

What better way to start this morning, than with a song. Applejack began slowly walking down the hall as she began singing to herself.

Original.

“We're late to bed,

We're early to rise,

Wipe the sleep from our eyes.”

She began thinking about all fond memories she had of working with her family.

“We head to work,

We catch a lift;

Walk through the smoke,

Can we start this shift?”

Applejack then reached the stairs; before she went down, she kept singing.

“We open up, we start to wake,

Maybe it's gonna be our day.”

“And suddenly we start to smile,

The sun is out for a while

And you may see this place in final worth;

But it's a little piece of heaven here on Earth.”

The farm girl then imagined she was on a stage, like how she would be with her friends; in her imagination, she began singing for the crowd.

“Yeah we always have a good time;

Whether it's hail, rain or in sunshine.”

“Yeah we're all living the good life;

Whether it's hail, rain or in sunshine.”

She snapped out of her fantasy, went down stairs and found her family already eating breakfast; she kept singing her song as she danced past them.

“We miss the tap,

We took the fall,

But we laughed through it all.”

She waved to her family and went outside to begin her worked.

“'Cause we're dreaming of the better days,

It's always been a way in,”

Applejack kept singing as she began sweeping the porch.

“You may see my friends in final worth,

But no I'd never go and change them for the world.”

She imagined she was back on the stage, this time her family was there with her, playing the instruments while she sang.

“Yeah we always have a good time,

Whether it's hail, rain or it's sunshine.”

“Yeah we're all living the good life,

Whether it's hail, rain or it's sunshine.”

Imaginary Big Mac was banging on the pots and pans like they were drums, Applebloom was tapping a spoon and pan together; while good old Granny Smith tapped her foot in her rocking chair.

The loud music then stopped and all was calm, Applejack sang…

“Yeah we always have a good time,

Whether it's hail, rain or in sunshine.”

After that, the loud music came back.

“We always have a good time,

Whether it's hail, rain or in sunshine.”

“Yeah we're all living the good life,

Whether it's hail, rain or in sunshine.”

The Apple Family then started rodeo dancing together, all the way up until the song ended.

Applejack was deep in her thoughts, so deep, she didn’t hear her granny yelling for her.

The old woman yelled, “Applejack! Applejack! Snap out of it, young lady!” That did it, Applejack snapped out of her thoughts and turned to see Granny Smith watching her from the back door to their house. “Will you stop singing to yourself and get in the van; Applebloom’s little friends are here, you promised to take them to the airport.

It had completely slipped her mind, she agreed to drive the Cutie Mark Crusaders to the airport today. She dropped what she was doing and ran for the farm van parked out front.


Applejack drove down the dirt road, on her way to the airport; as she had promised to take her little sister and her friends to catch their plane.

Ever since the Battle of the Bands at Canterlot High all those years ago, the Cutie Mark Crusaders wanted to be a part of rock band, and this was their chance to make it to the top.

“Did you remember to pack everything, Sugarcube.” Applejack asked, calling her sister the cute nickname she gives everyone.

Applebloom replied, “Yeah, Applejack; toothpaste, pyjamas, guitar pick.”

Scootaloo then said, “It’s a good thing Rarity had all our instruments mailed to the hotel we’re staying at. It means fewer luggage to carry.”

“Speak for yourself.” Applebloom then said, pointing at the back of the truck. The back was filled with Sweetie Bell’s suitcases, only a few of them carrying actual clothes.

The pink and white haired girl replied, “What? Rarity taught me to go big or go home.”

“There’s a surprise.” Applejack said.

Everyone in the truck then burst out laughing; they told more funny stories and jokes as they made their way to their destination.

Right up until they arrived at the airport, the Cutie Mark Crusaders got out of the truck, grabbed their bags and began to walk towards the entrance. “Are ya sure ya don’t want me to come in with ya, Sugarcube?” Applejack offered.

But Applebloom just shook her head and replied, “No, it’s cool, Applejack; we’re all sixteen now, practically adults.” She laughed with her friends before saying, “We’ll be fine, I promise.”

“Okay, but be careful and have fun.” Applejack said before the three girl walked away, waving as they left. With nothing left to do here, the farm girl turned the ignition key and drove off.


Meanwhile, the police had made their way to the Life Foundation; Captain Gilda was on the scene, drinking her morning coffee and walking around the lobby of the building. She then looked at the hole in the wall, no longer surprised that things like this can happen in this town.

She turned to Spear Head who was walking beside her, Gilda said to him, “I don’t believe this, sergeant. I mean what, is this town over run with animals?”

Two paramedics were wheeling a stretcher out the door, they stopped beside the captain to show her something. “Captain Gilda, you might want to see this.” One of the paramedics lifted up the sheet that was covering the body; both Gilda and Spear Head were disgusted at the fact this person’s head had been bitten off.

“Cover that up and get it out of here!” the captain ordered. The medics did as ordered and covered the corpse back up, they then wheeled it away. The captain turned back to her sergeant and asked, “Were we able to recover the samples?”

Spear Head nodded, he then showed her the four containment capsules they had; each one containing a symbiote sample. He opened the outer hatch so she could see inside and explained, “After last night’s little accident, we were able to recover all four of the samples. The black one, the white one, the purple one and the…”

His expression changed to a shock of horror when he noticed the last capsule was empty; there was a small crack on the side, it must have been slightly damaged last night; just enough that a little blob could slip out and escape.

“The red one is gone.” Spear Head stated, everyone surrounding them heard that, they all began panicking and looked on the ground, trying to find it; even Gilda was a little scared.

Outside, the police were diverting the traffic; Applejack drove past the lab and saw all the police there. Normally, she’d wonder what was going on, but this was her time off, time away from super-hero stuff. So the farm girl just kept driving; totally unaware that she had just picked up a little hitchhiker.


The afternoon came quite quickly, Applejack was sitting at the kitchen table reading a newspaper when there was a phone call to the house phone. Before the farm girl could get up and answer it, her granny walked in and answered the call.

“Hello…” she greeted with.

As the person on the line talked, her smiled went away; when the called ended, Granny Smith turned to her granddaughter.

Applejack asked, “What’s wrong, granny?”

Granny Smith replied, “We gotta go to the police station; they have some information for us."


At the police station, Spear Head had returned from the Life Foundation and was told to sit down with the Apple Family; Applejack, Big Mac and Granny Smith all sat at the officer’s desk. Spear Head took a picture out of a folder and held it in his hand, not showing the family yet.

“I’m sorry this took so long to find, especially given the importance of this case; we’ve finally identified your son and his wife’s killer, Miss Smith.”

“What?” Granny Smith asked him.

The sergeant showed them the picture of the criminal, “His name is Switch Blade; in and out of prison since he was thirteen; wanted for armed robbery twelve times and one account of murder, you son and daughter-in-law.”

Big Mac picked up the picture, trying to see if he recognised the man in the photo; Applejack then took the picture off her brother to look at it herself. “I don’t believe this.” She muttered to herself. All of a sudden, she remembered the night she overheard her granny talking to the police at the door; the night she knew her parents weren’t coming home.

And it was all because of this man in the picture.

“I understand, can you put these photos away now?” she asked.

Spear Head explained, “You have understand, now that we’ve identified him, we’ll be able to find. Please be patient, we’re doing our jobs.”

“No you’re not doing your jobs…”

The sergeant turned to Applejack and listen to what she had to say; her eye began to fill with tears as she said, “I had to grow up without my parents, and you’ve now only just found out who did. What have you been doing all this time?”

Officer Spear Head said to her, “Settle down, miss…”

But Applejack cut him off, “No I have no intention of settling down; this man killed my parents, and he’s still out there!” the farm girl put the picture in her pocket and stormed out of the office.


That night, Applejack was lying in bed, she hadn’t bothered to get changed into her nightwear; she just fell asleep on her bed. Little did she suspect, she wasn’t alone in her room; the hitchhiker she’d picked up today had crawled its way from the truck up to her room.

As the farm girl slept, she kept having the same night; it was her, standing and watching this Switch Blade guy gun down her parents.

Crawling across her floor, was small clump of red goo; a symbiote. The red blob crawled up her blanket and onto the bed; the shadow of this creature could be made out as some kind of monster. This thing could’ve had anyone in this house, but it sensed a strange connection with Applejack, it had chosen her to be its host.

It began crawling up her hand and up her arm; all while Applejack kept squirming in her sleep.

The red slime made its way across her chest and to her other arm; it even crawled down her legs. It wrapped itself out around her hand as she gripped the bed sheet in anger.

Just as the symbiote was finishing the job, it made its way to her face; just as she woke up, too late to stop this thing from taking her over.

Author's Note:

Know that this story won't be as long as my last. It's just a little teaser to what's going to happen in Season 4 of Spiderman.

And also, the last chapter of this won't be out until I get back from holiday next week.