• Published 1st Jan 2022
  • 1,655 Views, 29 Comments

Phoenix Magic: Equestria Girls - Magic Kitsune Brony



A crown, stolen. A portal, now open. Memories, still lost, for now.

  • ...
5
 29
 1,655

Chapter 6

“I still can’t believe we pulled that off!” Fluttershy commented, as one of the spa ladies did her nails. They were all relaxing at the Canterlot Spa, relaxing, and being pampered before the formal.

“I can!” Rainbow exclaimed, as she was having a foot massage. “We’re awesome!”

“Totally,” Sunset agreed, dipping her feet into the foot spa in front of her.

“Tonight, is going to be so much fun!” Pinkie loudly said, as she, Twilight and Applejack sat in their chairs, face masks on and relaxing.

“Indeed, it will be,” Rarity agreed as her hair was washed and styled.

“But first we will finish enjoying our pampering, then we’ll go to and get changed into the gorgeous dresses I made for everyone.”

“I can’t wait to see them, Rarity,” Twilight smiled at the fashionista.

After relaxing, the girls headed to the boutique. Then Rarity brought out the dresses. “Here they are,” Rarity gestured to them. “Aren’t they just fabulous.”

“They sure are Rares,” Applejack said, admiring her dress, then she noticed something. “But wait, I only count 6 dresses. Where’s Sunset’s?”

“Oh, I almost forgot,” Rarity ducked into the back room. “I had to add a few things, but it is finished.” She brought out a mannequin with Sunset’s dress on it. The top part was red with a phoenix with its wings spread out on the front and its eye made with a red gem. The phoenix’s tail formed the dress’s skirt. The boots were red and orange versions of her black and purple flame ones.

“Rarity, it’s gorgeous,” Sunset complimented.

“Thank you darling,” Rarity said as she brought out a box. She opened the box to reveal jewellery. “Now, let’s get ready for the formal.”

All:

This is our big night

We’re getting ready

And we’re doing it up right

This is our big night

Friendship survived,

Now we’ll start it out right

The time right, gonna make it last ‘cause it’s the first night

That we’re ever gonna start to just have fun together

We’re so glad, so happy we could never be mad

Did it right now, this is our big night now

The girls were soon dressed in their dresses, and were now doing make-up, which Applejack and Rainbow were reluctant to put on, much to the others amusement.

“Six friends on the way up now

Six friends here to show you how

This is our big night

We’re getting ready

And we’re doing it up right

This is our big night

We made it happen

Now let’s party all night

This is our big night

This is our big night

This is our big night

This is our big night

This is our big night”

The girls arrived at the formal in a limo, and after Twilight finally said yes to Flash’s question about a dance, they went into the auditorium to party.

“We made it happen

Now let’s party all night

We’re here now and we worked so hard to make it come around

To tonight so let’s try to make it last forever

The school lights so bright, beat is pumping through the night

Party’s starting, DJ’s got the music just right!

Six friends on the way up now

Six friends here to show you how

This is our big night

This is our big night

This is our big night”

The party was in full swing. The girls were in the middle of the dance floor dancing, having fun together. Then Twilight noticed something.

“Anybody seen Stormy CloudSwirl?” She turned to the other girls.

“Maybe she was too embarrassed to show!” Rainbow said, still dancing. “She’s gotta know you won by a landslide!”

“Maybe…” Twilight was not convinced.

Suddenly the music stopped, and everyone turned towards the stage to see Principal Celestia walked out onto the stage. “First off, I wanna say how wonderful everything looks tonight. You all did a magnificent job pulling things together after the unfortunate events of earlier.” Celestia paused to allow the applause and cheers, which died down when Luna walked out opening the box to show off the crown and handing Celestia an envelope. “And now, without further ado, I’d like to announce the winner of this year’s Fall Formal crown. The Princess of this year’s Fall Formal is… Twilight Sparkle!”

The students started cheering as Twilight walked up to Principal Celestia. “Congratulations, Twilight,” Celestia said as she put the crown on Twilight’s head.

As Twilight was waving to the crowd, she heard Spike yell. “Twilight! Help!”

“Spike?” Twilight looked over the crowd just in time to see Stormy CloudSwirl running out the doors carrying Spike. “She’s got Spike!” Twilight yelled as she jumped off the stage and ran after Stormy, the Rainbooms just behind her. They chased Stormy all the way out to near the Wondercolt Statue.

“That’s close enough!” Stormy said, as she held Spike by the scruff of his neck in one hand while her other hand was holding a sledgehammer.

“Twilight!” Spike yelled fearfully.

“Don’t hurt him!” Twilight exclaimed.

“Oh, I wouldn’t dream of it. I’m not a monster, Twilight.” She smirked as she roughly dropped Spike, who ran over to Twilight. “You don’t belong here. Give me the crown, and you can go back to Equestria tonight. Or keep it and never go home.” Holding up the sledgehammer to the portal, causing everyone to gasp at threat. “Tick-tock, Twilight. We haven’t got all night. From what I read about this thing, when I was in the restricted section; this portal will be closing on its own in less than an hour. So, what’s your answer?”

Twilight took a moment to think it through before she stood up with determination. “No.

“What!?” Stormy was surprised by that answer, before growling. “But Equestria! You know once I’m done, you’ll never see it or your friends again!”

“Yes,” Twilight said. “That is possible, but Equestria will find a way to survive with my Element of Harmony. This place might not, if I allow it to fall into your hands. So go ahead. Destroy the portal. You are not getting this crown!”

“No!” Stormy yelled, running at Twilight, and tackling her to ground. “You will not win! I will have that crown!”

“Twilight!” The girls ran to help pull Stormy off her, while Spike grab the crown and ran with it in his mouth. After getting off Twilight, Stormy, who had loner legs caught up with Spike and snatched the crown out of his mouth.

“I’ll take that!” Stormy held the crown above her head. “At last! More power than I could ever imagine!” She placed the crown on her head and was overcome with power.

The girls watch as Stormy was lifted into the sky as she was transformed. Her skin darkened to a dark grey and her brown hair was turned black as it stood on end, making it look like black flames, a matching tail grew behind her. Big, leathery bat-like wings spread out, and the magic died down to reveal the newly transformed Stormy CloudSwirl.

The girls and the now gathered crowd of students watched in horror, as Stormy cackled in delight as she admired her new form. The girls gasped as her blackened eyes fell on Twilight and she gave a fanged grin as she gathered up a fireball. Once it was big enough, she threw it at the princess.

“Twilight!” Sunset shouted, as she pushed her out of the way and was sent flying as the fireball hit her. Sunset hit the ground hard and didn’t move from where she had landed face down.

“Sunset!” Twilight, the Rainbooms and many of the students shouted in horror as their injured friend remained motionless.

“Aww, poor little Sunny,” Stormy mocked, before turning to the school when the students hid. “Now then, pay attention, you pathetic creatures. I’ve had to jump through so many hoops tonight just to get my hooves on this crown, and it really should have been mine all along. I am your queen now, and you will be loyal to me!”

After ripping the front door and wall from the school, she hypnotised everyone. She smirked before turning back to Twilight, “Spoiler alert: I was bluffing when I said I was going to destroy the portal. After all, how can I be Queen of Equestria, when I’m not in Equestria. And now I will truly rule with my very own army of slaves.” She gestured to the crowd of hypnotised students.

“No, you’re not!” Twilight shouted, as she stood firm

Stormy simply laughed. “Oh, please! What exactly do you think you’re going to do to stop me? I have magic, and you have nothing!”

“She has us!” Rainbow said, as she and the others gathered behind Twilight.

“Ha, pathetic,” Stormy waved them off. “Now step aside! Twilight has tried to interfere with my plans one too many times already! She needs to be dealt with!” She laughed gathering up another fireball, this one made if black fire, but was stopped short when a light started emitting from the girls. “What!?”

Twilight smiled when she too noticed the glow. “The magic contained in my Element was able to unite with those that helped create it! Honesty! Kindness! Laughter! Generosity! Loyalty! Magic!” She listed as she and the girls behind her transformed, gaining pony ears, hair lengthened into long tail like extensions.

Fluttershy and Rainbow gained wings while Rarity had a gem grow out of her forehead in place of a horn. Twilight gained both wings and gem as she continued to talk. “Together with a crown, they create a power beyond anything you could imagine, but it is a power you can’t control because you do not possess the most powerful magic of all: the magic of friendship!”

Stormy started laughing. “Magic of friendship?” She pretended to wipe a tear from her eye. “What an absolutely ridiculous sentiment!” She started forming the black fireball again, as she aimed at Sunset instead of Twilight. “Let’s see how well you ‘magic of friendship’ can protect your friend!” The girls watched in horror as Stormy threw the fireball at Sunset’s still prone form.

Just as the fireball connected with Sunset, the black flames changed to gold flames. When the fireball hit Sunset, instead of burning her, the flames started to lift her up, as they form into a giant silhouette of a phoenix.

The flames soon disappeared to reveal Sunset awake, uninjured and transformed just like the others. Her hair had extended into a tail with a gold and ruby band, ember pony ears replaced her human ones, and a red gem was now nestled on her forehead. What surprised Stormy and Twilight the most were the pair of large wings, with feathers of embers and reds, that had grown from her back.

“Sunset!” The Rainbooms were amazed by their friend’s transformation.

“What! No!” Stormy was even madder now. “How could you become an Alicorn? You’re just a pathetic human!”

“Easy, Stormy,” Twilight answered instead, as Sunset tested her new wings and flew over to her friends. “It helps that she spent her childhood in Equestria, so the Equestrian magic recognise her. And by saving me from you before, Sunset Shimmer King has impressed the Elements of Harmony and proven to be worthy of being a Princess.”

Then all seven girls started to glow bright, and a rainbow shot into the sky before it dived down and encased Stormy in a tornado of colour.

“No!” Stormy yelled. “What is happening!” In a flash of colour Stormy was striped of her power and she was blasted into a crater. She then crawled out, her hair a mess and face covered in scraps.

Not giving up, she growled as she ran at the girls, only to have a foot hit her face, as Sunset performed a flawless reverse kick. As she held for now bleeding nose, she didn’t see Rainbow motion to Bulk Biceps to grab hold of her as Applejack tied her up in the rope that Pinkie had pulled from her hair.

“No!” Stormy scream, struggling against her bonds. “This was not the plan. I was supposed to be queen of Equestria!”

“You will never be queen or princess,” Twilight said, walking up to her. “Any power you may have had is gone. Tonight, you’ve shown everyone who you really are. You’ve shown them what is in your heart.”

But Stormy was not having any of it. “I will get you for this. You and Sunset!” She yelled at them. “You hear me! One day, I will be queen and I will have my revenge!” Anything else she was going to say was cut off, with a rolled-up rag being placed in her mouth.

“Put a sock in it,” Rainbow said, dusting her hands off.

“Those are my girls!” Spike called, clapping his paws, scaring some of the nearby students.

“Did that dog just talk?” Brawly Beats said, looking at said dog. “Whoa. Weird.”

“Seriously?” Spike raised an eyebrow at him. “The talking dog is the weird thing about all this?” Brawly shrugged.

“Sunset, darling,” Rarity said as she and the others turned to the red head. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine,” Sunset smiled, as she was hugged by everyone. “Better even. Whatever just happened, has helped open up half of my memories.”

“Really?” Twilight asked. “You remember Equestria, now?”

“Some of it,” Sunset answered. “One thing is for sure; I do remember my mentor being a pony princess version of my mum.”

“I’m glad you have some of your memories back,” the girls jumped as Celestia walked up behind them. “Even if it’s about me having a princess counterpart.” She turned to Twilight and held up her crown. “I believe this belongs to you. A true princess in any world leads not by force, but by inspiring others to stand with her. We have all seen that you are capable of just that. I hope you see it too, Princess Twilight.”

“I do,” Twilight said as Celestia placed the crown on her head. The other students cheered.

Flash walked up to Twilight, rubbing the back of his head. “Would now be a completely awkward time to ask you for that dance?”

Twilight giggled at him and followed everyone back to the auditorium. They spent the next half hour dancing, while Luna kept an eye on the still tied up Stormy. Soon it was almost time for the portal to close. They all stood around saying their goodbyes, while Luna kept a firm hand on Stormy, who glared at the scene in front of her.

“We better get going,” Spike said after another round of hugging, or scratching in his case.

“I know we’ve only been friends for a short time, but I’m gonna miss all of you so much,” Twilight at them.

“We’re gonna miss you too, Twilight,” Sunset gave her one more hug. “And tell Princess Celestia that I’m sorry for how things ended with us and that I’ve found where I belong.”

“Don’t worry, you pretty much just told her in a way,” Seeing the confused looks, Twilight pointed to the necklace that she had been wearing the whole time. “This has been recording everything. So, my friends will see all that I’ve been through the last few days.”

“Cool,” Rainbow commented.

Twilight turned to Luna, “Just push her through, my brother should hopefully figure out that she’s a threat, with the way she’s tied up. I say threat because she’ll have her unicorn magic back on the other side.” Luna did just that, pushing Stormy through the portal.

“That crown really does suit you, Princess Twilight,” Spike smirked up at her as they moved to the portal.

“You know what, Spike?” Twilight smiled as she fixed the slightly tilted crown. “I am starting to feel a little more comfortable wearing it.”

“And the wings?” Spike asked, knowing how much they had annoyed her when she first got them.

“I’ve been walking on two legs and picking things up with these,” Twilight ranted, wiggling her fingers, making the girls behind giggle. “Wings? I’m thrilled that’s all I’ll be dealing with back in Equestria!”

The Rainbooms watched their new friends walked through the portal, as their new half-pony forms disappeared. Pinkie tried to follow, only to find the statue base was solid again.

“Oh, bummer!” She pouted.

“Don’t you worry Pinks,” Applejack comforted her. “Somethin’ tells me, we’ll be seein’ her again.”

“You know, Sunset,” Rainbow said, gaining their attention. “Now that you are apparently an alicorn princess in Equestria, that makes you officially CHS’s Phoenix Princess.”

“Well, that’s good and all,” Sunset tried to hide her blush at the title. “But I think we should be getting home.” Celestia and Luna walked over to hug her.

“Sounds good, sugarcube,” Applejack agreed.

“Oh,” Pinkie bounced as they headed over to the car park where their parents waited. “I can’t wait for the next big party!”

“I think we still have that musical showcase coming up,” Rarity pointed out, making Pinkie even more excited. “That’s definitely going to be more fun and nicer ‘party’ than what happened tonight. After all, what could possibly happen at a musical showcase?” They all stopped and looked her, as she realised what she just said. “Oh dear, I just jinxed it, didn’t I?”

Author's Note:

One more chapter to go. Again, picture was done by yours truly.