• Published 1st Jan 2022
  • 1,654 Views, 29 Comments

Phoenix Magic: Equestria Girls - Magic Kitsune Brony



A crown, stolen. A portal, now open. Memories, still lost, for now.

  • ...
5
 29
 1,654

Chapter 2

The new princess of Equestria, Twilight Sparkle, had just managed to go to sleep when she was awoken by a hooded pony tripping over Spike’s tail. She then noticed what the pony was holding in her magic as she ran out of the room.

“My crown!” She yelled as she ran after the pony, waking her friends up. “She’s got my crown! Stop! Thief! She’s stolen my crown!”

Twilight tried to stop the pony by teleporting in front of them, but the pony also teleported to behind her except for their cloak. Twilight turned and saw a grey pony with a curly brown mane and tail. Her cutie mark was a swirly storm cloud with lightning coming out of it.

The grey pony smirked at her before running again. Twilight followed, running as fast as she could. She managed to tackle the pony into a dusty old room, full of artifacts. The tackle caused the crown to go bouncing off the walls, before it went flying, right through what looked like a magic mirror. Everypony gasped as the pony managed to push Twilight off her.

“What did you do with my crown?” Twilight angrily asked the grey mare.

She smirked at them as she teleported to the mirror and saluted them. “Sorry it had to be this way…Princess.” She said before jumping through the mirror after the crown.

Fluttershy asked the question they were all wondering. “Who was that?”

The next morning saw Princess Celestia answering that question. “Stormy CloudSwirl,” She explained. “She was once a student at my school. She used to be a sweet little pony, if a little spoiled. But then she did an ancestry spell, which revealed that she was a descendant of StarSwirl the Bearded.”

“What?!” Twilight exclaimed, StarSwirl the Bearded was one of her idols. “She is? How have I not heard of her then?”

“Because, after she learned of her ancestry, she started to feel entitled. To the point, that she started to bully other ponies,” Celestia calmed answered. “Eventually, I had to expel her when she used a dark spell on one of the younger ponies. I had hoped that she would redeem herself, but it seems she has become jealous of your new title, which led to her stealing your crown.”

Spike held up a paper crown. “She replaced Twilight’s with this one.”

“I suppose Stormy CloudSwirl thought you wouldn't notice right away that this was not yours. And by the time you did, it would be too late to go after your crown and Element of Harmony,” Celestia said looking at the fake crown.

“But I don't understand.” Twilight said. “Where did she go? Where did she take the crown?”

“You’ll soon know more about this place than even I do,” Celestia replied as she led them back to the room where the mirror sat.

“This is no ordinary mirror,” Luna said as she stood in front of it. “It is a gateway to another world. A gateway that opens once every thirty moons.” She stopped Pinkie from falling into it when she tried to sneak a peek. “It has always been kept in the throne room of Canterlot Castle. But when Princess Cadance took over the Crystal Empire, we sent it here for her to watch over.”

“There is also something else you must know about this mirror,” Celestia got their attention. “You and Stormy CloudSwirl are not the first ponies to go through it.”

“We’re not?” Twilight tilted her head. “Who else has gone through it?”

“Sunset Shimmer,” Celestia replied. “A former student of mine. She began her studies with me not long before Twilight. But when she did not get what she wanted as quickly as she liked, she turned cruel and dishonest. I tried to help her, but due to a set of events that I will not explain right now, I had no choice but to expel her as my student and she decided to pursue her own path. One that sadly led to her running away through this mirror,” Celestia looked at Twilight sadly. “I had always hoped that Sunset Shimmer would someday use it to return, to come back to Equestria seeking my guidance. But sadly, it hasn’t happened.”

“Twilight,” Cadence got her sister-in-law’s attention. “You must use the mirror to go into this other world and retrieve your crown. Without it, the other Elements of Harmony have no power and Equestria is left without one of its most important means of defence.”

“Your crown does not belong in the place Sunset Shimmer now calls home.” Luna continued. “And in Stormy CloudSwirl’s possession, your Element of Harmony will no doubt be used to bring harm to the inhabitants of this other realm. They will not have the power to defend themselves.”

“You understand the importance of your task?” Celestia asked the new princess.

“Of course,” Twilight nodded.

“Good.” Celestia nodded back before looking sadly at the mirror. “And while you are there, I was hoping you could find Sunset Shimmer and maybe, only if she wants, bring her back to Equestria.” Twilight agreed as Celestia brought out a necklace with a purple star on it. “I want you to take this. I have a feeling that there will be a lot of different things over there, so to make it easier to explain when you get back, this will record everything happening around you, so that we can see that world for ourselves.” Twilight accepted the necklace. “Now you must go at once.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa!” Rainbow exclaimed, stopping Twilight before she could step over to the mirror. “She’s going, we’re going with her. Right girls?” The others nodded, Pinkie saying something about being ‘nervicited’ and Applejack telling her that it’s not a real word.

“I’m afraid I can’t let you go,” Celestia got their attention.

“What?! Why not?!” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Sending all of you could upset the balance of this alternate world,” Celestia explain. “Creating havoc that would make it impossible for Twilight to get the crown back from Stormy CloudSwirl. This is something Princess Twilight must do alone.”

“Time is of the essence.” Luna stepped forward. “On the third, when the moon reaches its peak in the night sky, the gateway will close. And once it does, it will be another thirty moons before you will be able to use it to return.”

“Well, in that case,” Pinkie said with a grin. “Good luck, Twilight!” the others followed with other remarks of encouragement. As she stepped through the mirror, there was a shout, “Spike, NO!” as the little dragon followed Twilight through the mirror.


Principal Celestia watched as a teenage girl with straight purple hair and her dog came out of the base of the Wondercolt statue. While the girl had what looked to be a small freak out, Celestia looked over at the box, that now held the new Fall Formal crown. Luna had seen it fall out of the statue and she had picked it up.

While Luna was bringing the crown to the office, Celestia had seen the first teenage girl with brown curly hair come out of the statue, and she had noticed the girl looking for something, possibly the crown. When Celestia got a good look at crown, she could feel magic in it.

When she saw the second girl come out, she figured that the crown must belong to one of them. But which one, she didn’t know. She had sent a text to Chrysalis, explaining the situation. Chrys had texted back, saying to play ignorance, so they could see where this went.

Celestia sent a mass text to the students and staff, explaining what was happening, and to hide all magic related stuff. From what she could gather from what they knew of the portal and the few memories/dreams Sunset had had over the years, the other world did have magic, but the natives probably thought they were the only world with magic and therefore they most likely thought that this world didn’t have magic. And for now, best to keep it that way.

Once the crown was in its rightful owner’s hands, after the Fall Formal of course, she wasn’t going to make it that easy, she was going to ask them if she could maybe use the crown to help restore her daughter’s memories. She turned back to the window to see the new girl trying to walk on all fours, just like Sunset and the other girl did at first, before the dog, who could talk it seems, pointed out one of the nearby students with their dog.

As the girl entered the school, Celestia sat down at her desk, ready to act ignorant, one thought going through her mind, ‘It was going to be an interesting and enlightening Fall Formal this year.’

Author's Note:

Hi, Everypony,
Here's the next chapter.
The picture is from my Jesssnape DeviantArt account, drawn by moi and is, of course, my OC Stormy CloudSwirl. My inspiration for her is Bellatrix LeStrange from Harry Potter (Or a very evil Hermione Granger, depends on how you look at her).