• Published 6th Dec 2021
  • 422 Views, 6 Comments

Cressida's Christmas Mission - VioletRose13



The Hamato Clan is celebrating Christmas and everyone is full of holiday spirit.

  • ...
 6
 422

A Gift From the Heart

“Okay, who’s next to see Santa?” An elf asked.

Cressie was up next. Taking a deep breath, she walked over to Santa and sat down on his lap.

“Ho ho ho!” Santa laughed. “And how are you today, little girl?”

“Good.” Cressie reluctantly answered.

“And what’s your name?”

“Um, Cressida.”

“Cressida, what a beautiful name. Now, Cressida, how about you tell Santa what you want for Christmas?”

“Well… can I be honest here?”

“Oh? Uh, why certainly.”

“Thanks. The thing is that I have gifts for my brothers, sister, friends, nieces, nephews, and even my mom, but for some reason I totally forgot to get a present for my dad. And that’s why I’m out here; I need to find one before it’s too late, but I have no idea what to get him. So anyway, Santa, all I want for Christmas this year is to find the perfect gift for my father.”

Santa stroked his beard in thought before putting a gentle hand on Cressie’s back.

“Cressida dear, Christmas isn’t about presents. Christmas is a time of sharing, giving to others, and being with the people you love and who love you.” Santa said. “So, whatever you give to your father, make sure that it comes from the heart and that’s what matters most.” He pointed a finger at her chest. “Because that’s what this holiday is all about, giving from the heart.”

Cressie looked down at her chest, then up at Santa before giving him a tiny smile. “Yeah, you’re right. You’re absolutely right. Thanks for your help, Santa.” She then got up and ran off, knowing exactly what to do.

“Glad I could help.” Santa said, waving her goodbye.

With all of the pocket money she had, Cressie went to the nearest craft store and bought paints, brushes, a pad of paper, and a big enough picture frame… and even a pair of safety scissors just in case. Then she slipped into an alley and went to work. It took a little bit, but her gift for Splinter was finally done.

“Dad is gonna love this.” She said proudly before hearing something out in the street.

She took a quick peek and realized that hundreds of people were starting to gather and music was starting to play. Lights were flashing and people were cheering, Cressie wondered what was going on. She couldn’t see what people were looking at, so she decided to go up to higher ground. She climbed the nearest fire escape and onto the roof of one of the many buildings to see large holiday floats slowly going down the street. Her eyes widened and a smile spread across her face.

“It’s a parade!” She said as she heard people starting to sing.

I see something wonderful marching up the street” They started.

Rat-a-tat-tat toy soldiers and ponies' prancing feet

Santa waves and nods his head, people smile and cheer

Here comes Santa; Christmastime is here

Trucks and trains and china dolls parading slowly by

The jing-a-ling-jing of sleigh bells and strangers saying "Hi!"

Red and green and silver mean my favorite time of year

Here comes Santa; Christmastime is here

You can see it, you can feel it

When you hear the music play

You can dream about it every night

Until it's Christmas day

As she listened and watched the parade progress, Cressie couldn’t help but sing and dance along.

Elves and angels arm in arm smiling right at me

Makes me so excited, there’s just too much to see

We're getting close, we're on the brink; in fact, it's very near

Here comes Santa; Christmastime is here

You can see it, you can feel it

When you hear the music play

You can dream about it every night

Until it's Christmas day

Till it's Christmas day

“This is amazing! If only the guys could see this!” Cressie exclaimed as she continued to dance.

I see something wonderful marching up the street

Rat-a-tat-tat toy soldiers and ponies' prancing feet

Santa waves and nods his head, people smile and cheer

Here comes Santa; Christmastime is here

Here comes Santa; Christmastime is here!

Everyone cheered and clapped, especially Cressie. Then she noticed the clock tower not too far away; it was almost midnight! She gasped; she had no idea she’d been out for so long. Everyone was probably wondering where she was and they must be out looking for her at this very moment. Thinking fast, she climbed back down the fire escape, went to the nearest manhole, and ran through the sewer as fast as she could until she finally made it back to the Lair. Luckily, she couldn’t see anyone around; they must either be out in the city or fast asleep.

Being as quiet as she was when she left, Cressie snuck into Donnie’s lab with some wrapping paper, tape, ribbon, and the safety scissors she bought and she wrapped up Splinter’s gift as best she could. Then she signed it, snuck into the dojo, and laid the gift under the tree. She grinned.

“There, and no one’s the wiser.” She whispered before she let out a soft yawn.

Cressie took off her hat and coat and laid down on the floor; she had a long night and she quickly fell asleep… just as Celestia groggily poked her head out from Splinter’s bed chamber on the other side of the dojo. She yawned and looked to see her daughter sleeping soundly by the tree. She heard her husband stir behind her.

“Celestia? What are you doing up?” Splinter asked, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

“Yoshi, look.” Celestia whispered as Splinter joined her.

They both smiled and tiptoed over to their daughter; Splinter picked her up and carried her out of the dojo and into the living room. Celestia gently placed a blanket over her just as her husband carefully laid her down on the sofa.

“Aw, the poor thing must be exhausted.” Celestia whispered.

“Oh, yes. I wonder what she was doing to wear herself out like that.” Splinter whispered as he and his wife headed back to bed.

“Who knows with that girl? She’s always up to something.”

“Indeed.”

They didn’t even notice the gifts lying under the tree, let alone the newer one.