• Published 6th Dec 2021
  • 422 Views, 6 Comments

Cressida's Christmas Mission - VioletRose13



The Hamato Clan is celebrating Christmas and everyone is full of holiday spirit.

  • ...
 6
 422

Forgot a Present

It was Christmas Eve and the Turtles were hard at work decorating the Lair. Leo was making paper snowflakes to hang on the walls, Donnie was hanging up lights around the tree in the dojo, and Raph was unpacking boxes of ornaments and hanging them on the tree with his son, Spike. They were all wearing Santa hats and humming a Christmas carol when Mikey came in carrying a tray of cocoa in mugs, and his son, Loki, holding a bowl of marshmallows of all sizes in one arm and Ice Cream Kitty in the other. The Turtles took a break from their work to enjoy a hot drink.

“So far so good, guys.” Leo said as he took a sip of cocoa.

“You sure, Leo?” Donnie asked.

“Absolutely.”

“It looks great.” Loki commented, setting the marshmallows and Ice Cream Kitty down; Mikey smiled and ruffled his blonde hair affectionately.

“Guys!” A young voice exclaimed.

The four Turtles turned their heads to the entrance to see their little sister, Hamato Cressida, run into the Lair with a sparkle of excitement in her eyes.

“Cressie!” The Turtles cried as they went to hug their beloved baby sister; Loki and Spike grinned as they went to hug their aunt.

Master Splinter and Celestia came in after her, both dressed in winter garb.

“Hello, my sons.” Splinter greeted, removing his hood.

“Happy Holidays, boys.” Celestia beamed as she took off her coat and scarf.

“Hey, mom.” Mikey said as he and Donnie gave their stepmother a hug.

“It’s so good to see you guys.” Leo said as he and Raph went to hug their father.

“How are things over in Canterlot?” Donnie asked.

“Things are going great.” Celestia answered.

“Cressida has started the fourth grade not too long ago.” Splinter added.

“Wow, I love what you guys did with the place.” Cressie commented as she took off her winter coat and hat.

“Thanks, but we’re not even done yet.” Raph said.

“You all look like you could use some extra hands.” Splinter said. “And luckily… we were being followed.”

Just as Splinter said that, April, Karai, her daughter Azura, Casey, Shinigami, and their daughter Robin all came in.

“Merry Christmas, guys.” April went over to Donnie and gave him a kiss on the cheek, which made him blush and grin from ear to ear.

“Hey, where are Emmet and May?” Donnie asked his wife.

“Oh, they’re with their grandpa. They should be here by tomorrow morning.” April replied.

“I’ve missed you, father.” Karai said, wrapping her arms around Splinter in a hug.

“I have missed you too, Miwa.” Splinter said, hugging her back.

“Azura!” Cressie exclaimed.

Azura smiled at the sight of her human-rat hybrid aunt just as Cressie tackled her in a hug; even though Cressie was a year or two younger than Azura, the two of them were still very close.

“It’s good to see you again, Aunt Cressie. Let’s have a look at you.” Azura exclaimed before they parted. “Wow, you just keep getting bigger and bigger, don’t you?”

Cressie smiled and giggled.

"Looking very festive." Shini admitted.

“It’s beautiful.” Robin commented.

"Thanks, but it could still use some work." Leo replied.

"Well, we're all more than happy to pitch in." Casey said.

"We'll make sure this place looks perfect when our guests get here tomorrow." April promised.

“Thanks, you guys.” Leo said. “Ninjas, let’s decorate.”

And that’s what they did. They strung lights, hung ornaments and tinsel on the tree, hung the stockings, set up a large table for dinner tomorrow night, and soon, everything was perfect. The Lair was ready for Christmas.

“Just one more thing.” Mikey said as he placed Loki upon his shoulders; Splinter grabbed his youngest daughter by the waist and lifted her up off the floor. Cressie and Loki then reached up and they each placed an ornament on the tree. “There, now it’s perfect.” Mikey placed his son back onto the floor; Loki smiled.

“Absolutely beautiful.” Splinter added, setting Cressie back down.

“Okay, I think that’s just about everything.” Leo said. “What do you say, Donnie?”

Donnie took out his T-Phone and looked at the screen before saying, “Huh, whaddaya know? We're already way ahead of schedule! Everything on the list is checked off and it’s already past six. How lucky is that?”

“And we don’t forget, we have all of our shopping AND wrapping done.” Raph said.

“So, we’re basically ready for Christmas tomorrow!” Mikey exclaimed.

“I guess we are.” Celestia beamed. “And I say it’s just about time for dinner. Anyone else?”

“I’m in!” Robin exclaimed.

“Me too!” Cressie added.

“Me three!” Loki chimed in.

“And I have just the thing.” April said as she took a few pizza boxes out of her satchel.

“You’re the best, Auntie April!” Spike cried.

So they all went into the kitchen and shared their pizza, but the grownups were so busy talking that they didn’t even notice Cressie sneak into the dojo with her favorite magenta backpack. She opened it and took out small packages with everyone’s names on them. She hid them under the tree skirt so no one would notice if they were to come in.

“And there we go.” Cressie said proudly. She took out a small notebook and opened it up to a short list; her family’s and friends’ names were all checked off. “I think that’s just about everybody, but I still feel like I’m forgetting something. But what?”

She took a look at her list again and came to a horrifying realization; she turned the page over and saw that everyone on her list was checked off… except for Splinter. Cressie’s eyes widened in terror and her smile turned into a frown almost instantly; she had forgotten to get a gift for her own father! How could she let that happen?

“Oh no! I forgot dad! How could I forget dad? What am I gonna do? What am I gonna do? What am I gonna do? What am I gonna do?” She quietly panicked to herself as she started to pace the floor; then she had an idea.

‘If I stay really quiet, no one will hear me leave.’ She thought with a mischievous smile.

Cressie picked up her backpack, discreetly walked out of the dojo, put her winter clothes back, and being as quiet as possible, she snuck out of the Lair. Everyone else was so busy in the kitchen that they didn’t even notice. Cressie was going to go up to the surface on her own to find the perfect gift.