• Published 7th Dec 2021
  • 1,645 Views, 85 Comments

Poetic Justice - KingSombraTheTyrantRuler



This is the rewrite of Sombra's tale, a mlp fanfiction.

  • ...
10
 85
 1,645

And that's how you conjure things.

~Poetic Justice~

~Chapter-3: And that's how you conjure things~


King Sombra's P.O.V:

"You think that you can defeat me, Sombra?" asked a mare dressed in black.

"Of course I can. I'm much more powerful than you," I answered confidently.

"Really? Then let's see how you survive this," she smirked. She took the sack off the pony in front of me. I gasped, it was Hope. I saw the mare pull a knife out and put it against Hope's throat.

"No!" I screamed. "Don't kill Hope!"

"Why not?" she asked. "You killed me and thousands of other ponies, didn't you...Sombra?" The mare pushed the knife into Hope's heart, and I watched as Hope fell to the ground, lifeless.

"No! I'll get revenge, I swear!" I yelled as she ran. "I'll make you pay for this, even if it's the last thing that I do!

I would get Hope back. And the only way that I could was by using dark magic. And to use that, I needed fear to feed off. Lots of fear.


I woke up, soaked in sweat. I decided to wash myself, and looked for the bathroom.

Once in, I washed myself, trying to forget my dream. But I wouldn't be able to. I had it every night. Ever since that incident.


"So Sparkle, are you ready for today's lesson?" I asked. "Today I'll be teaching you how to conjure things."

"But I already know how to do that," Sparkle told me. "Key word being know."

"Do you know how to conjure them in a second? Or using dark magic?" I asked her. She looked down. "Just as I thought. Now listen carefully."

She started writing as I said, "I want you to conjure a crystal for me. To do that, you have to think about the crystal. What it looks like. How it feels. What color it is. And it's size. Can you think of that?"

She put her parchment down and thought hard. Once done, she said, "Yes, I can."

"Good. Now I want you to imagine the crystal on that table. Think about how much you want that crystal." I breathed and continued, "Now let your horn gather energy. Power it with your hatred of Chrysalis."

Her horn started glowing, and she asked, "Now what?"

"Now I want you to concentrate on the crystal and where you want it. How much you want it," I told her. She concentrated and a few minutes later, there was a crystal on the table.

Twilight Sparkle's P.O.V:

"Now I want you to concentrate on the crystal and where you want it. How much you want it," he told me, and I concentrated hard, using my hatred of Chrysalis to power my magic.

After a few minutes of concentration, a crystal appeared on the table.

"Good job," said Sombra as he looked at the crystal. "Now it's time for you to practice."


After a long practice, I ate lunch, and took some up for Sombra.

He ate, and then I asked him, "Would you like to read a book?" I don't know why I asked him, but the words just came out of my mouth before I could stop them. "And if you do, then which ones?"

He looked up, his emotionless gaze piercing into mine. A fee minutes passed, and he said, "Yes, I would. I like books written by Starswirl."

I blinked in surprise, and then said, "I'll be right back."

And I left to get the book.

King Sombra's P.O.V:

She left and came back a few minutes later, with a pile of books.

"I never thought that you like to read books by Starswirl," she said as I opened a book.

I smirked and playfully asked, "What? Am I not allowed to like them?"

"Of course you are. It's just that, I never knew you liked to read books," she quickly said.

"You never knew much about me," I told her, and then gave my attention to the book. She didn't say a word after that, and read a book too.


Twilight Sparkle's P.O.V:

"Now it's time for you to carry on practicing conjuring," Sombra said as he shut his book. I shut mine too, and then took them to the library, where I made sure to put them in their proper spaces.

After that I walked back to my room and told him, "What should I conjure?"

"Conjure whatever you want," he told me.

What did I want to conjure? Books? No. Hmm...Maybe Smarty Pants? Yeah. I couldn't find Smarty Pants anywhere, so conjuring a Smarty Pants would be what I wanted.

So, remembering what Sombra told me before, I thought about Smarty Pants. What it looked like.

How it felt. What color it was. And how big it was. Then I thought about how much I wanted a Smarty Pants doll.

Then I started gathering energy with my horn. I powered it using my hatred of Chrysalis.

And then...There was a Smarty Pants doll in front of me.

I picked it up and hugged it. Sombra saw me and commented, "Of all things, you conjured a...doll?" There was surprise in his voice.

"Yes," I told him. "And Smarty Pants isn't just any old doll. She's the best!"

He rolled his eyes.

Sombra's P.O.V:

I watched as Sparkle picked the doll up. I couldn't believe it. Of all the things that she could've conjured, she conjured a doll!

And now she was hugging it, like how a mother would hug her foal.

I said, "Of all things, you conjured a... doll?"

"Yes," she answered. "And Smarty Pants isn't just any old doll. She's the best!"

I rolled my eyes at how foalish she was acting.


Now this was ridiculous. Conjuring one doll was more than enough, but now the whole room was filled with these Smarty Pants dolls.

If I still had my magic, then I would just get rid of them.

"Sparkle! You've conjured enough dolls! This is ridiculous!" I shouted.

"But I'm practicing!" she shouted back.

If this was what she'd be like after learning everything about dark magic, then I'd kill her right on the spot. No kidding.

What would make her stop? "You're great at conjuring! Now I know that I can teach you something different tommorow!" I yelled, hoping that this would stop her.

"And you won't be able to learn anything if you use up all your magic. And it would be a shame if you missed tomorrow's lesson, wouldn't it?" I shouted.

She finally stopped. "Get rid of all these dolls. You can only keep one."

She started doing that.

Author's Note:

Hey everypony! I'm back with the next chapter of Poetic Justice! I hope you enjoyed this, and don't forget to vote/like and comment! What do you think Sombra will teach Twilight in the next chapter?

Also, what incident do you think happened that made Sombra keep having that dream?