• Published 28th Nov 2021
  • 986 Views, 8 Comments

Making the Magic: Friendship Shorts - WaywardSon



A collection of short scenes of developing friendships

  • ...
0
 8
 986

3. Unicycling Is Gorgeous

Pipp Petals frowned as she fluttered over the breathtaking auburn canopy of Bridlewood. "Oh, this just can't be happening!" She raised her phone high up, turning a circle in the air and staring at the small red x over the signal icon. "How can there be no signal here? The view here is too gorgeous not to livestream it."

Pouting, she sighed and lined up a quick selfie instead, framing her face with the beautiful view and switching to a more alluring expression. Tucking her phone away, she winged her way down toward Izzy’s house. She swooped down through a gap in the tree cover, gracefully landing before the door.

“Hi, Pipp!” came a bright and bubbly call from behind her. Izzy Moonbow trotted up the path from town with several full bags floating along beside her, encased in the purple glow of her magic. “Were you waiting long? I just needed more supplies for our unicycling session.” She stepped close, bringing Pipp into a hug.

Pipp smiled warmly at the greeting, hugging her friend tight. “Oh, no, I just got here. You would have beaten me here if there were any signal in these woods.” She pulled out her phone again, pouting at the hated red x. “I wanted to livestream the view from above the trees for my Pippsqueaks. It is just so gorgeous!”

Izzy nodded. “Oh, yeah, we never really had cell phones around Bridlewood before.” She extended her magic to open the door, leading her friend inside. “I understand one of the companies from Zephyr Heights is negotiating to install cell towers here, but it might take a while.” Bags were floated to the work table and Izzy spun around. “Welcome back to Casa Izzy!”

Pipp giggled softly, looking around the room again as she followed Izzy. “Your place is so wonderful, Izzy! I’m still astounded that you made all your decorations yourself. Is that a new windchime?”

Izzy’s grin grew wide and she hurried over to it, giving the chimes a tap with her hoof and filling the room with an increasing scale of five tones. “Do you like it? I made the chimes to look like our cutie marks. Yours and mine and Sunny’s and Zipp’s and Hitch’s, to commemorate all of us coming together as friends!”

“It is gorgeous!” Pipp sang, fluttering her downy wings. “You are so talented with your unicycling, Izzy. I only wish I could stream our crafting session to let everypony know how good you are.”

Izzy’s smile faded a little, and she turned to the crafting table. “Oh, well, if you want to delay it until you’re able to livestream, I’ll understand.”

Pipp wrinkled her brow, watching Izzy’s body language change with each step. “Are you joking? I love my Pippsqueaks, sure, but I came here to spend time with my friend, Izzy.” She trotted over beside her, giving her flank a light bump with her own. “Think you can teach me how to make something as beautiful as those chimes?”

Izzy looked back to Pipp, her own smile flooding back to full brightness. “Honey, you came to the right cottage.”

Author's Note:

Pipp and Izzy spend some quality time offline in Bridlewood.