• Published 27th Nov 2021
  • 857 Views, 10 Comments

A Freezing Holiday - TheClownPrinceofCrime



The Mane Six must work together to stop Mr. Freeze from ruining Hearth’s Warming Eve.

  • ...
1
 10
 857

A Chilly Arrival

It was a snowy day in Equestria. As the temperature dropped lower and lower, the winds and breezes tended to get more cold by the second. Thus, everypony had to dress up for winter. But that was not the only thing that ponies and non-ponies had in mind. Hearth’s Warming Eve was fast approaching!

Dozens of creatures gathered around the local train station to travel to their respective homes to celebrate the holiday with their families and friends. They all smiled brightly as they looked forward to the holiday and having fun with their loved loves.

Meanwhile, Twilight Sparkle went to her friends who were at the Castle of Friendship preparing everything for the holiday. Applejack was making apple ciders, Rarity was setting up a dinner table, Rainbow Dash decorated a tall tree with colorful lights and a star on top, Pinkie Pie was cooking her favorite pastries, and Fluttershy allowed her animal friends to decorate the entire castle with ornaments.

As Twilight entered the castle, she wiped off the snow from her winter hat. “Phew! Every day just keeps getting colder and colder! I’m starting to miss summer already,” said the alicorn. She sighed in satisfaction as she felt the heat within the castle. Then she jumped in excitement. “This is gonna be a great time! I can’t wait till Shining, Cadence, and Flurry arrive!”

Once Twilight entered the meeting room, she smiled at the progress her friends had been making so far.

“Hey, girls!”

“Hey, Twilight!” they welcomed her.

“How did the shopping go? I hope it wasn’t too cold out there,” said Fluttershy, spreading her wings over her raccoon friends who were trying to keep themselves warm.

“It wasn’t that bad, but it was still pretty cold. At least the store was pretty warm,” Twilight replied, wiping off more snow from her coat.

“Good thing none of y’all saw Sweet Apple Acres,” said Applejack. “Ma place is becoming like a frozen wasteland for cryin’ out loud!”

“(Scoffs) Please, Applejack, I am certain it pales in comparison to the way my mane was earlier this morning. It was literally frozen in ice! IN ICE!!!” Rarity screamed, showing snippets of ice on her hair.

“Yes, Rarity, we get it,” Applejack muttered, rolling her eyes.

“Come on, girls, this winter is gonna be amazing!” Pinkie shouted, popping out of her gigantic cake. “We will make some snow ponies, create snow castles, cook snow cakes—(gasp) WHY DIDN’T I THINK OF THAT?! Snow cakes will be the best cakes for Hearth’s Warming Eve! I need to make them right now!”

“Pinkie, I really don’t think that’s a—,” Twilight muttered until Pinkie already zoomed out of the castle and instantly came back with large cans of snow on her back.

“....good idea.” Twilight finished, blinking.

“The snow is not gonna slow me down, that’s for sure!” Rainbow bragged. “By the time we had our fun, the winter will be done and over with! It will fly by quickly before you even know it! So we won’t even need to worry about it.”

“You do realize there are two more months of winter after this, right?” Rarity asked, arching an eyebrow.

“Uh... yeah, I knew that. Definitely,” Rainbow sheepishly smiled.

Spike then came through the open doors as he was carrying wrapped presents and laid them under the tree. “Hey, Twilight! I see your shopping trip went well.”

Twilight nodded. “I still have plenty of gifts to wrap up, so I’ll be a little busy for a while until my family arrives later. I just wish I would have completed this sooner. Why did I wait at the last minute?!”

“Hey, it’s okay. You still have some time left. They won’t be here within four hours,” Spike assured.

“Still, I must manage my time wisely. There’s no time to waste!” Twilight determinedly spoke. She teleported to her room to get started.

“(Sigh) Why does she always panic if she messes up just slightly?” Spike asked, face-palming.

“Well, that’s just Twilight for ya,” Rainbow shrugged.

“You can say that again,” Applejack agreed.

Suddenly, a wrapped package appeared in a white flash in the middle of the room. It took everyone by surprise. “Whoa, did somepony order something?” Fluttershy wondered. She went to the package and noticed that it had her name mentioned on the tag.

“To Fluttershy... from... Discord?” she read out loud.

The moment she mentioned his name, the name tag opened its yellow eyes and floated in the air. “Surprise!” the tag yelled. It transformed to Discord with ornaments and candy canes flying everywhere. The ornaments landed on Rarity’s head.

“Ow!”

“Discord? I...didn’t expect to see you come!” Fluttershy said, surprised.

“Sorry for being a bit tardy today. My order came in late,” Discord nonchalantly replied. “I presume you’re all getting ready for this Hearth’s Warming thing?”

“Yep! It’s gonna be a big one too! I know you’re going to love my snow cakes I’m making!” Pinkie smiled, rapidly cooking and adding in snow in every baking ingredient.

“Hahaha, now that’s something new! Speaking of new, I brought something just for you, Fluttershy. I figured you would love it,” said Discord as he began to hand her the present. However, Fluttershy placed her hoof on Discord’s paw.

“Um, don’t you think it’s a little... too early to open up presents? Can’t we wait till it’s Hearth’s Warming Eve? If that’s okay with you?” Fluttershy advised.

“Who said it was for the holiday? Besides, I think this is something you should see. Plus, I’ll just wrap it back up and pretend you didn’t see it yet.”

“Well....”

“Pleeeeassse?” Discord begged, having puppy dog eyes all across his body and within his own pupils.

“Um... okay. I guess it wouldn’t hurt—,” Discord instantly hugged her without a warning.

“Splendid! Splendid! You will be amazed by it!” he assured, grabbing his puppy eyes and throwing them on top of Rarity.

“Hey, quit it!”

As Fluttershy opened the package, her jaw dropped. It was a fairly big blue diamond with tiny purple spots all around it. She picked it up with her right wing as she gazed on the diamond. Even Spike and the others were amazed at the sight of it, especially Rarity.

“It’s... it’s beautiful,” Fluttershy whispered.

“That’s just what I wanted to hear,” Discord smirked.

“Sweet Celestia! This is the most precious diamond I’ve ever laid my eyes on!” Rarity squealed, feasting her eyes on its beauty.

While Pinkie was likewise idly staring at the diamond, she lost track of what she was doing that she accidentally spilled some cups of snow on the floor. Without paying attention, she slipped on them and hit against a wall of snow she made. The snow wall crumbled on the ground whereas snippets of it fell on top of the gem.

At that moment, the snow was absorbed into the gem and it glowed brightly. The diamond then hovered in the air as it continued to glow.

“What’s going on, Discord? What’s happening?” Fluttershy asked.

“To be honest, I have no idea!” Discord confessed, gazing at the diamond.


Back at Gotham City, it was also snowing at night. The majority of the people were storming the supermarkets, traffic was jammed, and Christmas decorations were everywhere in the city. Just when all the citizens were preparing for their most wonderful time of their year, one particular super-villain seized the golden opportunity to take action while everyone was pre-occupied.

Inside the Gotham Museum, a security guard was walking across the first floor while making sure all the exhibits were all safe and sound as usual. He casually whistled as he went about his duty.

Suddenly, the glass roof was broken to pieces as ice shards flew down from the sky. The guard looked up and immediately jumped out of the way before the shards could impale him. Right after he sighed in relief, a figure in a jagged ice covering and a cryogenic suit safely landed on the floor with his ice blasts. He lifted his head and saw the guard cowering in fear.

“It’s... it’s you!” he shivered, walking backwards.

The villain blasted him with ice, silencing him. Then he preceded to walk across the floor in search for something.

As he was looking around, he finally spotted what he was looking for. He discovered a glass case covering a blue diamond with purple spots. Fascinated by the very sight of it, he lifted the case and threw it away. He gently grabbed the diamond while looking at it with awe.

“Ahhh, the Chaos Diamond... the rarest blue gem in the history of diamonds. An attractive rarity now in my possession,” he said passionately.

“Not for long, Freeze.” The said criminal turned behind him to see a man in a bat suit glaring at him in the middle of the room.

“Batman. The night is quite chilly, don’t you think?” Freeze coldly asked.

“Not chilly enough to prevent me from stopping you,” Batman retorted, grabbing his batarang.

“I can fix that... permanently.” Freeze emitted more ice blasts toward the Dark Knight; however, the latter jumped out of the way and threw his batarang at him.

The batarang struck Freeze on one of his arms, causing slight pain. Annoyed, he ripped it off his arm and crushed it with his ice power. He sent another ice blast toward Batman, but the Caped Crusader managed to dodge that as well.

Thinking quickly, Freeze froze the entire floor with ice which caused Batman to slip up and fall down. Then he froze his entire body with ice except for his head. The Batman struggled to free himself from his icey predicament. Sadistically chuckling, Freeze looked down on him as he raised his free hand. “Farewell, Batman.”

Suddenly, the diamond glowed brightly in his other hand which arrested his attention. Then a magical wave surrounded him as the diamond glowed brighter and brighter until the light teleported him. Once the light vanished, both Freeze and the diamond were gone. Batman was left astonished as he witnessed the unexpected event happen. He activated a device from his belt that enabled it to melt all the ice from his body.

“I did not see that coming. Whatever that diamond did to Freeze, it must have taken him somewhere.”


“Look! The diamond stopped shining!” Pinkie pointed out. The said diamond floated back down in the package as it went back to normal.

“Ah never saw anything like it. It was... dazzlin’!” Applejack said.

“It really was surprising, so thank you... um, Discord, for the gift.”

“Haha, what are friends for, Fluttershy? I’m sure it made your day spectacular!” Discord happily chuckled.

But just when things started to get better, Mr. Freeze teleported just on top of the friendship map. Groaning, he got up and saw a group of ponies and creatures staring at him with mixed reactions. Even he too was taken by surprise as he looked around and saw he wasn’t in Gotham anymore.

“What... is this?” Freeze wondered.

Author's Note:

Cue the Intro

Anyway, hello again! I hope you guys are having a great Thanksgiving season!

I figured that since December and Christmas are up next, I would write this new story that has a Christmas theme. Why not? So I hope you guys enjoyed this prologue. Stay tuned for more chapters!

Peace!