• Published 13th Sep 2012
  • 949 Views, 3 Comments

Hearth's Warming Eve - Darkswirl



A darker outlook on the founding of Equestria; full of lies, sabotage, hatred, deceit and murder.

  • ...
4
 3
 949

Introduction

We are surprised you are asking. It is indeed strange that since there was so much hatred back then that the current play does seem rather..."Happy".

You must understand, however, that modern day ponies are taught very differently from the old ways as a means to avoid ever going back to our beginnings.

Our war-like nature is safely tucked away inside all of our minds in the rare chance that we may need use of it.

But we all hope that that day will never come again.

But like those ponies of the past, those who struggled to survive in the white wasteland that was The Land Before, we can really never know what lies around the corner.

We can only hope there will be a light shining from just beyond the bend.

((AUTHOR'S INTERRUPTION: Some of the people/events/etc will not coincide with the cannon retelling of Hearth's Warming Eve because it would've happened more than one thousand years ago (since Luna was banished during a time when the Alicorn sisters both ruled over EQUESTRIA) and history gets sketchier as time goes on. Some details are lost, others are missinterpretted, yadda yadda yadda. A last note is about the system of time they use.

Sun-Up: 6:00 am - 12:00 pm

Sunhigh: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Sun-Low: 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm

Sunset: 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm

Midnight: 11:00 pm - 6:00 am (I am well aware of the fact that midnight is actually 12:00 am)))