• Published 23rd Dec 2011
  • 1,517 Views, 9 Comments

Newbreed - Pernix



When a human accidentally falls into the world of Equestria, an interesting line of events unfold...

  • ...
3
 9
 1,517

On the Farm

The morning sun rose above Equestria once more, and greeted the land and it's inhabitants with it's daily embrace of warmth and light. At the Apple Family's Farm, the roosters awoke with the sun, replying to it's appearance with loud, healthy calls of their own.

Marcus awoke with the appearance of the sun, and the calls coming from the rooster coop. He remembered that the Apple family woke up with the sun, and knew that Applejack would return to check in on him. He stood up and brushed multiple strands of straw off of his clothes, then folded the blanket he used and placed it back in the corner. Feeling well rested from a good night's sleep, Marcus was ready to greet the new day with open arms.

Marcus heard multiple footsteps, or rather, hoof-steps, coming from outside of the barn. More than one pony could make in such rapid succession. Applejack must have brought Applebloom back with her. Perhaps the other two members of the CMC returned as well? Maybe more?


The barn door quickly shot open, blowing Marcus a couple inches backward in the process. Applejack stood in the doorway with three other family members, Applebloom, Granny Smith, and Big Macintosh.

Granny Smith and Big Mac stared at Marcus, mouths agape, as Marcus responded with a nervous stare of his own.

"Well howdy there, Mark!" Applejack cheerfully shouted. "Sleep well?"

"Like a rock, thanks." Marcus quickly replied, followed by a glance at the other ponies standing in the doorway.

"Glad ta' hear it!" Applejack replied. "Got a few members of the Apple Family here I want ya' to meet."

Applejack walked over to her smaller sister, Applebloom.

"You've already met little Applebloom here." Applejack stated.

"Mornin'!" Applebloom happily said.

"Morning." Marcus replied with a smile, although still nervous about the ponies in the doorway that he hadn't met.

Applebloom then walked over to her older brother, Macintosh, who was still shocked at seeing such a strange creature conversing with his sisters.

"This here's my older brother, Big Macintosh. He might not be all that bright, but he can pull his own weight when he feels like it." Applejack playfully jeered.

Macintosh brushed off the little gibe, and continued to look at Marcus.

"Nice to meet you, Big Macintosh." Marcus nervously stated.

Macintosh responded with his normal "Eeyup", as if the coined statement were an answer to everything in existence. Marcus accepted this as a "mutual agreement" kind of answer to his greeting.

Applejack walked over to her grandmother, carefully placing her front-right hoof on her back.

"And this here's Granny Smith."

"Pleasure to meet you, Granny Smith." Marcus greeted.

"Ehh-- what's 'at?" Granny Smith questioned, placing her hoof up to her right ear.

"I said, it's a pleasure to meet you." Marcus reiterated.

"I can't hear ya'!" Granny Smith replied, still listening for Marcus' original statement.

"I said, IT'S A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU!" Marcus carefully shouted, noting that Granny Smith's hearing may also be sensitive to loud sounds.

"Now, why'd you wanna eat glue 'fer?" Granny Smith stated, confused as always. "Applejack, this fella's a weirdy! What'cha goin' off 'n bringin' weirdies back here 'fer?"

"Um, Granny Smith?" Applejack began to whisper in her ear, letting her know what was really said.

"Ah, alright then. It's nice ta' meet ya' too there, Mike." Granny Smith stated, still a bit confused.

Marcus just nodded, and accepted the reply.


"Speakin' of eatin'," Applejack stated. "We should be gettin' breakfast ready."

Marcus looked at his stomach area, remembering that he was indeed famished.

"Hey, Mark?" Applejack began to ask. "How's some of Sweet Apple Acres finest apples sound? There a right tasty treat 'fer any time of the day!"

"That... that actually sounds really nice right now." Marcus replied, relishing the thought of tasting one of those giant, ripe apples.

"Alrighty then! There's plenty of trees outside to choose from. I reckon you can get out there 'n take yer' pick." Applejack happily replied.

Marcus began to walk outside, making sure to pardon himself from the presence of his newfound acquaintances.

Applejack began to talk with her family, giving them a bit more background of how her and Applebloom came across this stranger.


Marcus walked around outside the farm, gaping at the size of the apple trees around him as he delved further into what seemed like a forest of ripe, plump fruit. He'd seen plenty of apples back home, but none so bountiful and large as these.

He found an apple that looked perfect for picking, and jumped to pluck it from it's stem. Once it was in his hands, he stared at it for a few moments in awe, before taking a large bite into it. The flavor was almost overwhelming, as he continued to smile as he ate.

After finishing a hearty breakfast, Marcus returned to the barn to talk with Applejack about what to do next.


"Hey there, Mark! How was breakfast for ya'?" Applejack happily asked.

"I've never tasted better apples before in my entire life, I can tell you that." Marcus cheerfully replied.

"Glad to hear it! Means we're doin' somethin' right around here!" Applejack playfully stated.

Marcus and Applejack continued to laugh for a few moments, before a new topic arose.


"Now then, I gotta be heading into town soon to sell some of this month's harvest." Applejack stated.

"Town?" Marcus responded curiously.

"Yep. Ponyville ain't too far from here, and that's where we sell most of the apples that we harvest. Plus, there's some right friendly pony-folk around there." Applejack pridefully responded.

"Ponyville..." Marcus replied.

"Say, I got an idea..." Applejack began to ponder. "Why don't you come with me? I'll introduce ya' to some of the best ponies in Ponyville, plus you might be able to help me sell some of this harvest."


Marcus began to think for a minute. He liked the idea, but wasn't sure about walking into a town full of ponies that would treat him as an outsider, maybe even a freak. Although somewhat averse to the idea, Marcus agreed to tag along with Applejack on her way to Ponyville.

"Alright then! I guess we'd better get goin'." Applejack readily stated.

The two began to walk down the road, before Applebloom ran up from behind them.

"Wait up! I'm comin' too!" Applebloom shouted.

Applejack agreed to let her little sister tag along, as long as she didn't cause any trouble on the trip.

Marcus was still a bit nervous and discomforted, mainly because of his thoughts on the reactions of the residents of Ponyville. Would they shun and reject him? Or would they greet him like the Apple Family had? There was only one way to find out.


All before noon, the three friends walked down the dirt road to Ponyville, almost all of them ready to greet a new day.