• Published 4th Nov 2021
  • 318 Views, 2 Comments

A family at heart - Babycord



A life with eight caring and protective sisters is an interesting one.

  • ...
 2
 318

I'm Daring ya

Running.

heart was running,

And he didn't stop.

The words of that drunken man echoed in his head. Words of hate and falsehood were once shared by those who believed in ancient texts that were written by a mad woman.

He hated it.

He hated them.

Heart gritted his teeth.

Memories of the past he tried so hard to bury entered his mind.

Misfortune.

Bad luck.

Yellow-eyed devil.

No good parasite.

Your fault.

She died and it's all your fault.

He fell, and as he did an image of a much older woman holding up a pair of rusty old chains flashed in his mind.

His heart race.

She cooed stepping forward, holding the metal objects as if they were an offering.

His vision blurred.

She cooed again moving closer, reaching.

He started.

She smiled. Whispering the words he never wanted to hear again.

"it's time to be a good little boy, now come to mommy."

He screamed,

And the world fell apart.

""'''"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Daring Doo was a nobody.

Then one day she decides to change that.

On that day she cut ties to her past life and decide to move into the big city.

Only to get robbed.

Twice.

Regardless Daring moved forward. Choosing to start small before moving up in the food chain.

Those plans ground to a halt upon seeing a kid pass out in the middle of the street.

Now Daring was known to be heartless. Especially those who dealt with her including so-called friends and otherwise.

But this?

She had to do something.

Witch leads her to the current situation she found herself in.

A gun aimed at her skull,

And the owner of the said gun looked seconds away from pulling the trigger.

For some reason, it seemed as if karma herself lined up a few dates for the two of them.

"easy kid, your safe, and im not gonna hurt you."

Putting her hands up the much older woman backed up a few feet. The best way to calm a tense situation is a little space so the individuals or person, in this case, can feel a little more at least.

It worked.

At least somewhat.

The kid relaxed a little before scanning everything with his eyes. Once done he looked back at her with a questioning gaze.

"I took you to my place after seeing you passed out like that"

The kid nods slightly before again looking around. His expression was much calmer than before but he was still most definitely on edge.

"what's your name?

He didn't answer.

Alright then.

"Look, is there anyone I can call or something to come pick you up?"

Dating tried to be nice she did, but the frustration from having a gun pointed at her was evident. She did her good deed for the day now she wants to get back on track with her current newly formed life.

However, fate had different plans.

"Those are drugs right?"

The kid pointed at the large duffel bag that Daring was gonna use to sell her goods. Not the smartest idea in terms of not drawing attention but there was little else she could do.

Daring raised a brow.

She was caught off guard by the question. Then again from the looks in his eyes, she could tell that he wasn't the goody-two-shoes type.

Still, she wasn't gonna spill her secrets. Gun or not she wasn't the type to back down as such she merely narrowed her eyes in response.

Then there was a click that meant the gun was on safety up until this point.

"Yes."

The kid nodded.

"get us a car"

""""""""""'"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Turns out the kid was either deeply connected or was just generally good with people. Regardless a short drive turned a two-week sale into a batch that only lasted thirty to forty minutes.

Daring was impressed.

No, scratch that she was more than impressed, amazed even.

Suffice it to say the kid earned her respect.

Unfortunately for her the bread earned wasn't going into her pocket. She knew that much as soon as they began. This wasn't a handout but rather a lesson in future sales.

Sure it sucked, but she was new to the game and needed to learn, and the kid was a damn good teacher.

When it was all over she watched as he made a phone call before directing her to a new location. Upon arrival, she was met with three young girls she had never seen before.

Regardless all three entered the vehicle without so much as batting an eye at her.

"sup bro?"

"what took ya so long?!

The third didn't answer.

When Daring went to look she found that the yellow-coated woman was staring directly at her.

Her gaze was chilling, to say the least.

Especially when it seemed as if she had very little need to blink.

"Where is everyone?"

"Home" the blue one answered shrugging. The kid nods before turning to give Daring new directions.

She didn't bother asking questions.

As they drove the kid and the pink one began to talk among one another as if they were tight knight friends. Of course with very little to go off of Daring just assumed that he and the rest were companions or a pair of mismatched siblings. However, the other two kept quiet.

The blue one was looking out the window. Only occasionally joining in the conversation. Daring assumed that she had too much to drink and wisely decided to keep her mouth shut.

The yellow one on the other hand.

Daring shivered turning her head slightly to see the girl still staring at her. Gaze never watering for a second.

"Are you okay?"

The kid nods muttering something about bad memories.

That seemed to get their attention.

The response?

Roll a joint.

Surprisingly there was one already prepared seemingly just for the occasion.

They even let her take a hit.

One smoke session and a fast food binge later Daring Doo was left at her house with no car and or any cash to her name.

Signing the 28-year-old looked down at the number written below along with the promise of a better score.

Now, normally she wasn't one to believe in promises, but then again something told her that she was in for one heck of a wild ride.

She grinned.

The food chain suddenly seems a lot shorter.