• Published 4th Nov 2021
  • 318 Views, 2 Comments

A family at heart - Babycord



A life with eight caring and protective sisters is an interesting one.

  • ...
 2
 318

In the face of fear

"So ya have a kid?"

Gabby nods. The young woman was currently preoccupied with her drink. She watched as a smile formed on the Orange woman's face before she took another swig of her drink.

At the moment the duo was sitting at a table inside a bar of sorts. The only difference being is that the place offered more than just-drinks. While not exactly the cleanest by any means Gabby still thought of it as a good place to talk.

No weapons

No bullshit.

Just AJ and her siblings along with Gabby's most trusted followers.

Fortunately for them, it seemed as if everything was moving along nicely.

At least for now.

"So you're the oldest?"

Upon hearing this question AJ chuckled. The sound itself wasn't exactly unpleasant to Gabby's ears.

"Basically, but it takes more than age to deal with a group like mine. Not that you'll see me complaining".

Gabby chuckles. Finding a little humor in that statement alone. At this point in the conversation, she decided that AJ was likable. Sure she smoked and drinked a little more than what she liked, but then again it wasn't like that alone was a deal-breaker.

"How long have you and the others been living in this city?"

AJ shrugged.

"A few years give or take. Ah wasn't exactly born here but god had other plans."

"You a believer?"

"No, but my granny was. That woman was the only one I ever bothered to look up to".

Gabby nods. So she had family issues it seemed. Then again it seemed like they all did in some form or another. For Gabby, it was the fact that her aunt treated her more like a servant than actual flesh and blood. It also didn't help that she was one cruel bitch who was even crueler to those under her command.

"Take that motherfuckers!"

An all too familiar voice shouted. This causes Gabby to glance over. More than a little curious. In doing so she saw a crowd of her people, as well as a few bystanders, circled to what looked to be a game of cards.

A game that Rainbow Dash just won.

The cyan-haired woman was grinning ear to ear. Holding what looked to be a pile of 100 dollar bills. Beside her were Heart Felt and Derpy. One was smirking while the other was too busy jumping for joy. Sitting on the stool not that far away was an amused-looking Rarity. A glass of wine in hand. Twilight, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie were also present. However the former was nowhere to be seen. This however was a common occurrence when dealing with a rather large crowd so no one was surprised or worried. The latter however was currently dancing to their heart's content. Well, one was, the other was simply bobbing her head back and forth eyes closed.

"It seems like they're having fun, but I must confess im a bit concerned about the purple one's whereabouts".

"Oh, Twilight? I've learned a long time ago that she tends to be closer than you think".

The way she spoke and the expression on her face told Gabby that she was speaking the truth. That made the newfound leader a bit more cautious of her surroundings. Of course, her gut instinct told her that she was safe. Still, the possibility that Twilight could be way closer than what Gabby was comfortable with. Let alone be so well hidden unnerved her if only a little.

Then again if they wanted Gabby was sure that she would have already been dead.

The only question was who would be more willing to take her out.

From what her informants gathered each sibling was deadly in their own right.

AJ was a woman who thrived in both long and short-range combat. Being able to take down most foes using speed and brute force. However, her stamina was somewhat lacking. Because of this, the orange-haired woman would rush at her opponents before giving them everything she got. This type of fighting style while effective can cause her to make crucial mistakes when fighting one on one.

Rainbow Dash on the other hand had an insane amount of stamina and the speed to match. Not only that but her aim was far superior. Only coming in second in terms of accuracy. However, because of her reckless nature and short temper along with her tendency to tank then dodge her win and loss ratio was surprisingly even. With that said when she's focused and calm during a fight, she becomes something else entirely.

Rarity wasn't the best in terms of fighting skills. So much so that a middle schooler can easily take her on if not win. With that said when it comes to guns or anything of the sort, she ascends to a level nearly unheard of. With that said Rarity is rarely the type to engage in violence. Only ever doing so when necessary. When that fails she would use her charm and good looks to lower the enemy's guard before going in for the kill.

Twilight is well known for using Orthodox methods when it comes to any form of confrontation. Her range of weaponry was quite extensive. It was essentially anything from gas and or poison to a hammer and a pillowcase. With that said she tended to avoid a direct fist match. Only ever relying on her items and brilliance to beat down any foe. Let it also be known that if you somehow managed to beat her once don't expect it to happen a second time. However, there is a possibility of her getting overwhelmed when things don't go as she planned.

Pinkie Pie on the other hand used the element of surprise agility, as well as reflexes to take down her foes. Thanks to her endless amount of stamina as well as her insane amount of determination to protect those around her when the need arises she easily becomes a force of nature. Add to the fact that she had deep connections it was safe to say that she had the power to take you out in a variety of different ways. Munch like her purple sister. The only downside is her somewhat fragile state of mind.

The rest was a bit tricky.

Heart Felt wasn't exactly known for his fighting potential, but he did have the ability to rob you blind if he is so pleased. Or perhaps he'll have one of his sisters take you out from a distance. Or maybe he'll slit your throat well before you even noticed his existence. All that was known for sure was that he was a tough little bastard that was slightly above average with a gun.

Derpy and Fluttershy we're two strangely unknown factors.

For some reason, that fact alone made Gabby far more unsettled than anything else.

Suddenly movement out the corner of her eye snapped Gabby out of her train of thought.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""''"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""''"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

"My shirt!" Someone shouted. The individual was tall, lanky, and had the appearance of someone who didn't have a whole lot of chances in life.

In front of the said individual was Heart Felt. An empty drink with an apologetic look on his face.

However, what concerned her most was the look in the man's eyes his eyes. Even from afar, she could see the vileness and hatred that emulated from those tiny orbs. From that and the expression on his face, Gabby could tell that this particular encounter will not end pleasantly.

She watched as the guy's mouth moved. She's too far to make out the words but from the way, Heart's expression changed into something similar to shock Gabby could tell that it was serious.

The gang leader looked to Apple Jack. Only to realize that she was too busy with her drink to notice.

Looking around she saw that the others were currently too far in their world to notice.

Gabby turned to glance back towards the man. Only to see him roughly shoving Heart aside. The teen nearly tripped as he momentarily lost his balance.

Gabby growled standing up. At that moment she decided to take matters unto her own hands.

"Don't"

The steer cold voice of Apple Jack made Gabby pause. Looking over at her company the leader of the Golden Griffins couldn't help but ask one question.

"Why?"

Instead of answering AJ simply pointed.

As she did so a scream pierced the air.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Gabby met all kinds of monsters and demons.

Slam!

We're talking pedophiles, serial killers, rapists, and child molesters. You know the types of people who are born fucked with little to no redeeming quality and or sanity about them.

Slam!

The type of people who crawled through the depths of hell with raw, wicked, and ready to torment others.

Slam!

Yet not a single one of them triggered a sense of fear.

Slam!

That was until she met Fluttershy.

Slam!

"P-please s-stop".

Grey eyes met pink. Underline fear met rage with a mix of something else. Something darker, rabid, instinctual almost,

And it held everyone's attention like flies to light.

Pulling his head back Fluttershy slammed it back down. The force she used caused the table to shatter into wooden shards.

The man's body suddenly went limp.

Fluttershy didn't stop.

Instead, she pushed him. Letting fall backward on the cold hard floor. Once his head made contact so did Fluttershy's foot.

She did it again,

And again,

And again,

And again.

It wasn't until she felt a hand on her shoulder did she stop, and even when she did the expression on her face made Gabby's breath catch in her throat.

"By my calculations, I am 98.4% certain that the man is no longer among the realm of the living".

Fluttershy turned her head. Only to see Twilight looking right back at her. Her expression was calm and collected as she stared at her older sister.

After a moment Fluttershy nods her gaze somewhere else entirely.

"However, since what transpired was a blatant attack of character-based off of old myths around fortune i feel as if the number I have mentioned isn't suitable".

The yellow-haired woman blinked before managing to fully focus on Twilight. As she did so the young teen was revealed to be holding a rather large-looking hammer.

"This should suffice" The younger woman stated before nonchalantly handing it over to Fluttershy.

Fluttershy didn't smirk, grin, chuckle, or laugh. Instead, she did something far more terrifying.

She smiled,

And it was the most genuine thing Gabby has ever seen.