• Published 5th Nov 2021
  • 1,017 Views, 22 Comments

Record of Events - BiniBean



This is based on the fanfiction "Forever Faithful" By Konseiga. Which can be found on fimfiction. Princess Celestia starts to write a journal, documenting the strange letters from Twilight Sparkle, who perished a month ago,

  • ...
3
 22
 1,017

Entry Thirteen: Timber Wolves

Entry Thirteen:

I know, two entries in one day. Not wonderful. Not wonderful that another entry means another disaster. Today was no different. After I finished Entry Twelve I went to attend Solar Court as I stated at the end of the entry. Solar Court was filled with conspiracy theories, mostly surrounding the elements, some ponies even came in asking if the government was involved in their deaths.

I told them no. I told them everything was fine. A lie.

They didn't seem happy with those short responses, they asked for more. As politely as they could to an alicorn, I told them it was all just a very bad series of events. Over and over and over.

Solar Court ended around noon. I ate lunch, a little meal, I honestly wasn't that hungry despite my lack of eating last night. Luna confronted me outside the dining room. Wanting to know why my mane was shorter than usual and why my horn, which unknown to Luna had been charred black, was now red at the tip. Covering half of my horn. Mostly likely from the healing process of using dark magic. I haven't used this much dark magic in centuries in this short of a time frame.

I explained to her I was experimenting with a possible solution to the...Issue. I used vague wording because we were in a public area of the castle. With Guards guarding the hallway. I noticed their ears perked up as I said "Issue."

Luna understood why I couldn't explain more. She and I walked through the castle and into her bedroom. Luna firmly shut and locked the door to her bedroom before turning to me with a furious expression.

"You used dark magic!" She yelled. "If Mother told you once, she told you a thousand times, don't use dark magic!" She flicked one of her wings in the direction of my mane and horn. "Have you actually considered what you have now done to yourself? Dark magic made me turn into Nightmare Moon, if the same happens to you-"

"It won't." I sternly interrupted. "This is a completely different situation."

"Corruption of dark magic can happen to anypony." Luna growled. She began to pace along the circle carpet in the middle of her room like a caged...dragon. "The fact that you are willingly ignoring the warnings, the obvious signs of what can happen to the user of dark magic, and making excuses for your behaviour to concerning. No, it is beyond concerning."

By this point, I wanted to escape. I didn't need to be interrogated on trying to save our citizens. If it cost me my looks then so be it. If it cost me the high praise I had received over the centuries, I would risk it.

Without question.

I...

I lashed out. I said...some things I shouldn't have said.

"Don't you tell me what I should do, or what I should not do, Luna. I had created a maniac. A maniac who only exists in the afterlife. She had no feeling about what she is doing. If I don't stop her, there is no guarantee she won't stop at the death of her friends. You have no authority to speak on the matter. You turned into a demon! Forcing me to send you to the moon!"

Luna's ears fell at this point. She took a few steps back and looked visibly scared.

"Your theory about her friends simply having weak, fragile, minds is wrong. Do you know what she did yesterday? She yelled at Rarity! She said everything that was wrong with her friend, she told her, she failed her family, her sister. She told her she had nothing left to live for. She caused that Luna. Twilight caused Rarity to die. She murdered her friend! I will not stop trying to fix this. Don't you dare try to stop me."

Luna stayed silent for a moment before she gulped and shook her head slightly in disbelief.

"I don't think I know you anymore, Tia."

"Good."

I stormed out of the room after that. Teleporting from the hallway outside to my study a few seconds after.

Good...

Why did I say...good?

Paranoia? I know I have been suffering from that since this whole incident started but...

Luna wouldn't betray me.

Again.

No, I betrayed her first. It was my fault. She turned into Nightmare Moon because of me. I just happened to ruin her life like I ruined Sunset, Twilight, the countless citizens I didn't help over the centuries, Discord...

The list could go on forever.

Those are some of the thoughts that were racing through my mind, that still is even as I write this, when the black flame appeared and dropped a letter through the air. I caught it with my magic and opened it with mechanical magic memory. It was practically a tradition at this point that one of her letters come once a day.

"Dear Princess Celestia,

Oh, today I had fun! The world was being created! Thanks to the combination of Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Spike, Rarity and myself, we have managed to create all the major cities in Equestria. Of course, they are all empty. Rarity had been spending all morning trying to beautify Manhatten before moving onto Canterlot.

Rainbow Dash finished working on Everfree Forest a few days ago, well it would be a few days ago according to your time. We don't actually have day or night here. We haven't been able to control them. We do have a sun and moon. But they are both in the sky. Splitting the sky in half. Anyway, Rainbow Dash started to construct Cloudsdale.

But, Rainbow Dash has never been the best at remembering events and details of the city. Despite living there her entire life and having much pride for once being a Cloudsdale resident, she wasn't always the brightest.

She asked if we could visit Fluttershy. Since I was the only one who could open the window into Reality, she had to go ask me. She needed Fluttershy to give her more information on the city since, according to Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy's best class in school was Cloudsdale history. She was the best in the class. Which I am surprised I never knew before.

I told her we needed another soul today. That she could add some wildlife to this world. To make it more resemble Equestria. Rainbow Dash was excited about the idea. She, like the rest of our friends, missed Fluttershy and Applejack.

I told her to wait at the unfinished Cloudsdale area. She wanted to come with me to see Fluttershy when I opened the window. I forbid her from coming. I told her, I needed to do it alone. It would make the crossing over easier.

I stepped through the window, into Fluttershy's cottage. Surprisingly, she wasn't home. Her windows were boarded up, parts of her house were in disrepair. I assumed she went to find supplies. So I searched for her through the window and stepped through it again to find her not far into the Everfree forest. She was a few meters in. She was holding a basket in her mouth as she scanned the forest for supplies that she needed. A few were already placed inside.

It was surprisingly nice to be in the real Everfree as I looked around to see many new things I should add to the environment back home. I called out to Fluttershy, she screamed and nearly died from a heart attack right then and there by simply seeing me.

We talked after I managed to calm her down enough to breathe properly without hyperventilating. I told her about how happy the rest of our friends were. She was sort of happy to hear about that. She started to sob about how much she missed us all.

Honestly. the weeping and sobbing part of this whole situation had gotten boring fast. I told her it would be better for her to just join us. She argued about her animals. I argued they were born wild. They were being tainted by being domesticated. Fluttershy actually got angry at me for saying that. She told me the real Twilight would never say such an awful thing.

I told her the Twilight she knew was dead.

She started crying again.

This cycle continued until Timberwolves found Fluttershy. They circled around her in a matter of moments. She spread her wings to fly but was tackled to the ground by one of the wolves who viciously clamped down on her wing. Malnutrition had caused her body to be weak. Her wings easily snapped as the wolf ripped flesh away.

She scrambled up, crying from the pain and accidentally ventured further into the forest in her panic to escape them. As she galloped, I followed her. Telling her how if she just gave up, it would all be over. If she just accepted her fate, she could be with her friends forever.

She whimpered as she ran into a clearing. As she galloped into a dead end with a large cliff she could not climb blocking her way. Oh, she tried only for a useless moment to climb up it. It was sort of pathetic honestly. The wolves surrounded her. I informed her that she obviously couldn't escape the situation she stupidly found herself in.

So, she gave in.

Her body is located near the castle of the two sisters, next to the swamp with the hydra. The Guards you send looking for her will not want to eat beforehand.

Cloudsdale has never looked better!

I can't wait to see what Applejack will do to improve the world tomorrow!

Your Faithful Student,

-Twilight Sparkle"

I am not so sure I want to send any guards out there.

I will got out there myself. It has been two hours since I received this letter. I can make an excuse. Near the castle, she wrote. I was visiting the castle. That is all the press will need to know. That is all anypony will need to know. Luna can not know. If she thinks I am going mad, she will betray me.

I have to find a solution to all this before she takes drastic measures.

Yet, the public option isn't against me yet. Maybe if she does have a revolution, I can...

Dear Faust.

Maybe I am going mad.

No, when this is over, everything will go back to "normal."

If only I remembered what normal was like.

-Princess Celestia