• Published 5th Nov 2021
  • 1,019 Views, 22 Comments

Record of Events - BiniBean



This is based on the fanfiction "Forever Faithful" By Konseiga. Which can be found on fimfiction. Princess Celestia starts to write a journal, documenting the strange letters from Twilight Sparkle, who perished a month ago,

  • ...
3
 22
 1,019

Chapter Eleven: Number Three

Entry Eleven:

Pinkie Pie.

Spike.

Now, I can cross Rainbow Dash off as another victim of Twilight.

It is late afternoon, two guards were immediately sent to scout Ponyville for the source of the Rainboom as soon as I could get them to in the morning. I told them to find the offender and warn them of the disturbance they were causing. It was a weak reason to send them in the dead of night, even Luna was giving me looks that told me she was questioning my sanity.

She hasn't exactly spoken to me since Spike's death. Not that I blame her. She seems unsure of how to approach me with the information she now knows. I know she wants me to tell her everything. But I can't. Even if I wanted to. It is safer for her this way. For her to believe Twilight is communicating with me from the afterlife but not that SHE is the reason this is happening. She is directly influencing their deaths for her own need for normality.

Anyway, the guards came back. A bit shook up when they told me they found the pony who did the Rainboom. It wasn't that hard since Ponyville was woken up the moment the shook wave went through the air. Causing that loud boom. Some went out to make sure the pony was alright. There were reports saying that the ponies who lived nearby heard the sound of several loud bone-breaking snaps with mangled screaming mere seconds after the Rainboom hit.

I teleported to Ponyville with the guards. They guided me into the Ponyville Morgue where the broken body of Rainbow Dash was.

All of her body was twisted into unnatural angles. Her wings were smashed to practical pieces. Her skull was caved in from slamming face-first into the ground. It was horrific.

I stared at her body for a long time. Thoughts of Pinkie Pie, Spike and Twilight ran through my mind.

I felt cold.

Then the black flame swirled in front of me. Followed by a letter.

I unlatched the seal holding it. My heart was hammering in my head. Through my body. I was, and still am, having conflicting feelings about her.

"Dear Princess Celestia,

Rainbow Dash, forever the show-stopping pony, wanted to go out with a bang when I told her about the recent events. It didn't take her too long to agree with the plan. Like Pinkie, Like partially Spike, she was in denial.

She wanted to do one last Sonic Rainboom. So I let her. It was marvellous, wasn't it? I always loved to see one shimmer through the sky. I always had the private thought that a Sonic Rainboom was far too beautiful to exist. In the World of the Living at least. She is now flying around, helping Spike and Pinkie shape the towns around Ponyville. Although Rainbow Dash is mostly focused on making the Everfree Forest with me. She wants to have the challenge to deal with even if she is dead. The Forest is certainly granting her wish.

Now, who shall I bring into paradise next?

Your Faithful Student,

-Twilight Sparkle"

I barely heard Luna push open the door to the room. I knew she moved to stand beside me, morning the broken body on the slab of metal in front of us. She called out my name, I think. I am not sure. By that point, I started silently crying as my magic's hold on the letter fizzled out and allowed the letter to slowly fall to the ground. She flared her own magic to grab it and quickly read through the distressing letter herself.

She let out a painful strangled gasp of disbelief before her breathing quickened and she looked sharply up at me for answers. I slowly looked down at her as I couldn't stop the tears from falling down my face.

I was going to explain to her the entire situation right then and there. To tell her how I didn't know what to do anymore. How any answers I had come up with didn't seem enough. But something else came out instead. Something I have probably been pushing down since Twilight started her rampage of death.

"I hate her."

Luna didn't quite believe she heard me right based on how visibly distressed and confused she looked. So, with the truth out in the open. Still trying to wrap my mind about what I just confessed, not only to Luna, but also to myself.

"I hate Twilight. She isn't my student anymore. She isn't the pony I knew. She has become twisted into...into somepony I no longer know. Nor do I care to know who she is now. She is a killer. A serial killer. S-She killed them, Luna. Pinkie Pie, Spike, Rainbow Dash... I have no respect for ponies like that."

"Tia..."

"No, Luna. I mean this. This isn't just rage. This is a fact. Until I die, I will forever hate her. I will forever morn the ponies' lives she has taken by twisting their mindset into...into..."

Luna interrupted me before I could continue.

"How do you know their lives could have been any better if they were still alive? How do you know they wouldn't have done this even if Twilight didn't convince them? Clearly, their mental state was already fragile if she was able to convince them that this," At this point, she gestured to the body. "Was their only option."

"They were morning for their friend! Of course, their mental state was fragile. But they could have moved on!"

"If they didn't?"

I didn't respond. I needed...no...wanted to leave. Leave the cold room. Leave the body. Leave Luna's judging eyes. Watching my every movement. I teleported back to Canterlot, into the throne room, surrounded by a mod of frantic ponies demanding answers about the Rainboom. The guards were trying to push them out of the throne room but the sight of me, who probably looked like a mess, only made them demand more answers.

I used my Royal Canterlot voice to make them all be quiet. I explained to them, slowly, carefully, as vague as I could, that there was a tragic "accident" in Ponyville. An accident resulted in Rainbow Dash, the element of loyalty, slamming into the ground when she caused a sonic rainboom. Misjudging the distance between her and the ground.

The room went silent at the news. The only noise was from the guards' shifting in their armour awkwardly and the press scrambling to write notes about what I revealed in their little notebooks. I took the opportunity to order them all out. Saying that Solar Court would start in two hours before the guards ushered them all out and the doors slammed. Leaving me alone in the cold throne room.

I feel broken.

I feel useless.

-Princess Celestia