• Published 6th Dec 2021
  • 389 Views, 2 Comments

Star Wars, Episode Pony: Friendship is Magic - Kendallonian



When Jedi Apprentice Twilight Sparkle begins receiving visions of Darth Nightmare's return, it seems that nopony believes her. Soon, though, her visions come true, and she must contend with all manner of threats in order to save her master.

  • ...
1
 2
 389

Prologue

From the darkness leapt two white-hot blades, snapping and crackling as they spun about in wild curves trying to outdo one another. Two ponies were poised on either side of the melee, one of which almost glowed in the limited light, the other of which greedily absorbed all luminescence that hit her, leaving only an inky blackness and the cold gleam of her steely armor.

Around the combatants was the silhouette of a desolate, cratered landscape that might once have been a town, but now nothing was left but the blackened skeletons of dead houses, many still glowing with flames and embers; the only other living thing in sight. Not even a single blade of grass could be seen in the area, such had been the fierceness of the battle that continued to wage through its center.

Both ponies spread their wings and took to the sky, twisting and diving beneath and between each other's sabers, which continued to twist and whirl in their respective horns’ grip. The two blades met in the center, followed closely by their bearers, who locked hooves and eyes momentarily before the brighter one was able to leverage her opponent into the ground. As the dust cleared, The brighter one hovered in the air, lightly flapping her wings to keep herself afloat. She spoke to her shadowy twin;

“It’s over, Luna! I have the high ground!”

“Thou dost underestimate my power;” replied the snarling face of her opponent, revealing gleaming, pointed fangs and a gaze that could freeze carbon.

“Don’t try it;” The white mare said, half distressed and half resolved.

The dark mare spread its wings, then launched itself upward, directly toward her target. Her amethyst gleaming blade was pointed directly towards her opponent’s heart. Her speed was somewhat dampened by the downward force from her foe’s radiant glowing horn, but she continued on her upward trajectory, heedless of the hindrance. At the last second, however, the white mare dipped to the side, out of the way of the incoming blow, while simultaneously launching her own saber into the fray. The emerald blade was launched on a direct intercept course with the black mare’s horn, severing it from the nightmarish mare’s head and leaving only a cauterized, bony stump.

The black alicorn shrieked, momentarily blinded by pain. The white alicorn then took the opportunity to plant a buck into her opponent’s right wing, and was rewarded with a sickening crunch. The black alicorn was only able to wobble in the air a moment before a telekinetic blow to her barrel sent her careening back into the stony ground.

For a moment, all was silent, save the wing beats of the descending white alicorn. As the dust cleared, however, the form of the black mare stirred, only to collapse after attempting to put weight on her broken right foreleg. The white mare approached slowly, but confidently, only stopping once she towered over the crumpled black form of her opponent. A moment later she turned to hide her grief-stricken expression as a tear streaked down her muzzle.

“Thou wast destined to destroy the sith, not join them;” she said quietly. Then she began to speak much louder as she turned a newly resolute glare to her sister. “You were to bring balance to the force; not leave it in eternal night!”

The only reply from the dark form was a glare in kind, which bulged like the face of a volcano struggling to contain vast reserves of unending loathing.

“Thou wast my sister, Luna; I loved you.” the white mare continued.

This time the black mare did respond; albeit briefly.

“I… hate you.” she said. The cool evenness of her voice when she said it, despite the twisted expression she wore, confirmed the truth of her words.

“So be it.” the white mare said, her expression equal parts pain, pity, and resolve. A small glow appeared behind her, growing quickly in size and power until it blinded the both of them.

It was then that Twilight woke from her vision, drenched in a cold sweat and breathing heavily.